Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Should be Headlines of the Day

Cinga

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Would you look at that, a NYPost story. Why... that has all the earmarks of Russian disinfo.

who else wants to sign a letter with me?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

Billsandhorns
4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

If a conservative American set-up a foundation and siphoned off a majority of the donations. They would be in jail. 

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
16 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

"The rest filled the pockets of Biden's family" isn't supported by the story or the numbers.  It looks like they simply have more money than they can use, so about $2.5M or so is sitting around.  It's a charity that protects children from bullying and abuse, with workshops and lectures.  It's not like they're granting scholarships or funding school lunches.  If there's no demand for the workshops, they're not holding them, hence not spending the money.

I'm more curious why the now-defunct Biden Foundation was funneling money into another family charity.

• Like 1

Why Men Must Be Asked Whether They Are Pregnant

Yale: DEAN GERKEN’S GABBLE

A Plastic Bag’s 2,000-Mile Journey Shows the Messy Truth About Recycling

Too Much Lake Water is Climate Change, Not Enough Lake Water is Climate Change.

UCLA race and equity director tweets: ‘[we all] hope Clarence Thomas dies’

Less a Powerhouse Than a Parasite. What happened to the NRA?

British Government Looking For Ways To Tax EV Users

Paycheck Protection Program led to 'the biggest fraud in a generation'

Fed Finally Admits That COVID Stimulus Is Responsible For Hottest Inflation In A Generation

The Atlantic manages to blame the collapsing US birth rate on... Trump

Nearly 1 million migrants have already crossed the border in SIX MONTHS: Staggering figures revealed as Biden plans to give COVID vaccines to migrants and the White House braces for huge influx when Title 42 is dropped

Putin has driven a rift between Russia and Ukraine that will likely never heal

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

https://www.beautyofplanet.com/its-official-researchers-have-discovered-a-second-earth-3/?fbclid=IwAR31_1caagB-U-SpKWg7oDjEK-2-JTSiJ7KIqK_uf3RRBGKkSocYwrKoDiA

So here we have a planet in the Centauri star system (the closest one to our Sun) much like earth that they are going to try and generate some excitement over, even going so far as to say it is possible we might visit it in our lifetime for possible colonization. 

But a couple things about that... If it's going to take us a year to get to Mars, how long is it going to take to get to a planet 4 light years away? Isn't that a little more than one of our lifetimes?

Also, isn't colonization a bad word nowadays? And if there happens to be life (and I'm the #1 skeptic) on that planet, don't you think they might be looking back and us and talking colonization too? Or even worse, maybe food and mineral source? 

• Wow 1
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
12 minutes ago, Cinga said:

https://www.beautyofplanet.com/its-official-researchers-have-discovered-a-second-earth-3/?fbclid=IwAR31_1caagB-U-SpKWg7oDjEK-2-JTSiJ7KIqK_uf3RRBGKkSocYwrKoDiA

So here we have a planet in the Centauri star system (the closest one to our Sun) much like earth that they are going to try and generate some excitement over, even going so far as to say it is possible we might visit it in our lifetime for possible colonization. 

But a couple things about that... If it's going to take us a year to get to Mars, how long is it going to take to get to a planet 4 light years away? Isn't that a little more than one of our lifetimes?

Also, isn't colonization a bad word nowadays? And if there happens to be life (and I'm the #1 skeptic) on that planet, don't you think they might be looking back and us and talking colonization too? Or even worse, maybe food and mineral source? 

That "angular diameter" graphic, without explanation, is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in a write-up.  Proxima Centauri is actually smaller than the Sun, the graphic merely shows the comparative size of how the stars look from each planet - the Sun from Earth, Proxima Centauri from Proxima b.  

Not explaining that that graphic shows apparent size from the planets' surfaces, and not actual size, is atrocious science writing.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cinga said:

I saw Lost in space. The original and redone one on Netflix. Yeah, Robot was cool and all but I will pass.

Crap Throwing Clavin

I'd enjoyed seeing this dichotomy in my Defense News email alert today.

"World's most advanced capabilities (working doors not included)."

image.png.3f67271b2541ec964b0b9c3f3af340d3.png

Anybody watching what Obamacare's costs have been doing lately?

American Thinker, by Monica Showalter

Original Article

This wouldn't exactly be news to anyone who has to buy Obamacare health care insurance... But for perspective, here's the latest on the 2010 government health care takeover that had been so vaunted in the press as Your-Government-Here-To-Help The average family health insurance premium in the US has more than tripled since the "affordable" care act was signed into law back in 2010. The biggest beneficiaries: health insurers. United Health Group (the largest US insurer) is up 1,750% vs. a 389% gain for the S&P 500

(snip)

So much for President Obama's claim that his signature health care bill would cut insurance costs and everyone would be so grateful and happy.

• Angry 1
  • Wow 1