Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What do you think of the announcers in the NFL?

Ann

CarpetCrawler
1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Whatever happened to Howard Cosell, Dandy Don Meredith, and Frank Gifford - not to mention Jimmy-the-Greek Snyder, and a host of others.

My, how times have changed.

Dick Enberg and Merlin Olsen

Pat Summerall and John Madden

Charlie Jones and Len Dawson

Curt Gowdy and Hank Stram

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Pat Summerall and John Madden

Well...they got old and senile.

Or at least Pat did.  John got old and stayed John.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Nanker said:

Whatever happened to Howard Cosell, Dandy Don Meredith, and Frank Gifford - not to mention Jimmy-the-Greek Snyder, and a host of others.

I mean, I can let you know what happened to them.........I'm not sure they will be calling any games soon.

17 hours ago, Nanker said:

That was my pre-teen/teen NFL background music. 

We were rarely allowed to turn the TV on in my house except for a few items; one of which was the NFL because my father was a gambler. He absorbed everything he could from Jimmy-the-Greek while I was staring at Phyllis George. I was not allowed to stay up for more than a quarter of MNF, but I could hear the TV from bed so I would stay awake listening for Cosell doing halftime highlights...some of the greatest moments of my early football experience.

Oh, and the only other things we got to watch on TV were the Harlem Globetrotters and the Wednesday Night Mysteries with Banacek, McCloud, etc. Just a little flashback for the old folks here.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Cheers 1

20 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

I didn't know he would be doing PBP hockey, that's great!

And I read a Facebook post by the Sabres today about half-priced tickets. The comments are HILARIOUS. And sad also.

Not 1/2 priced, 1/2 season.

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

That was my pre-teen/teen NFL background music. 

We were rarely allowed to turn the TV on in my house except for a few items; one of which was the NFL because my father was a gambler. He absorbed everything he could from Jimmy-the-Greek while I was staring at Phyllis George.

Pretty lady.  Nice elbows.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Ann said:

I'll start...

Beth Mowins hurts my ears. 

Tony Romo is worth his weight in gold. He's truly the gold standard as I learn something new from him every time he is doing a game. Explaining what I am about to see, as well as what I have seen, is what sets him apart. That, and he's easy on the eyes. 😘

I like Mowens..as you know

Within a year, Gus Johnson and Iqib Talib will be #2 on Fox, within 2 they will be #1. They should doing a secondary track on he 4PM national game with those guys calling instead of Buck and Aikman

• 4 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Ann said:

ACCCCCKKKK  🤮

ack.jpg.0d10c0d2168ebb57fb191f2aed54bf0d.jpg

Ugh. She is absolutely the worst. And not because she doesn't know how to call the games, but because her voice is just so irritating.

It's like listening to a mix of Hillary talking and Kamala cackling...set to a football game.

5 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Ugh. She is absolutely the worst. And not because she doesn't know how to call the games, but because her voice is just so irritating.

It's like listening to a mix of Hillary talking and Kamala cackling...set to a football game.

it's almost like CBS hates us