Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What do you think of the announcers in the NFL?

Ann

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Name the most grating voice you ever heard, I'd take that over Collinsworth.

Charro, Andy Devine, Myrna Turner......

Fran Drescher doing the play-by-play with Roseanne Barr giving color commentary?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Or anything.  A cardboard cutout of Tom Cruise.  An overripe tomato.  An old PC/XT keyboard missing the "L" key.  A swarm of bees.  Dennis Miller.

TheView_0321.png&f=1&nofb=1

I'd take Collinsworth

• Haha 2
  • Applause 1

7 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I'd take Whoopi over Collinsworthless.

I'd take Collinsworth inane babble over Whoopi or Joyless Beyhar's sanctimonious screeching

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Or anything.  A cardboard cutout of Tom Cruise.  An overripe tomato.  An old PC/XT keyboard missing the "L" key.  A swarm of bees.  Dennis Miller.

Conversely, I’d like to watch a broadcast pairing Collinsworth with a swarm of bees.

• Wow 1
  • Haha 1

Please, not Brees!  His demonstrations of QB throwing arm mechanics totally distracted from the game between Bills and Saints.  I look for announcers to concentrate on the game at hand.

And while we're at it....the crowd noise in many college and pro football games tends to drown out the announcers for long periods of time.  Anyone else notice that?  The folks producing the game should either turn the crowd noise mic's down, put the announcers in enclosed booths, or find some other technnical fix for the issue.  Maybe listen to the feed to the public to id the problem?

49 minutes ago, Keukasmallie said:

Please, not Brees!  His demonstrations of QB throwing arm mechanics totally distracted from the game between Bills and Saints.  I look for announcers to concentrate on the game at hand.

And while we're at it....the crowd noise in many college and pro football games tends to drown out the announcers for long periods of time.  Anyone else notice that?  The folks producing the game should either turn the crowd noise mic's down, put the announcers in enclosed booths, or find some other technnical fix for the issue.  Maybe listen to the feed to the public to id the problem?

I was yelling, "We get it! Go back to the game! end of quote

6 hours ago, Keukasmallie said:

5 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

I was yelling, "We get it! Go back to the game! end of quote

I agree. Instead of a guy demonstrating proper mechanics between plays, we need more shots of the sidelines and huddles.

Maybe some more closeups of players' faces, to show how serious they are between plays.

Edited by Koko

1 hour ago, Koko said:

I agree. Instead of a guy demonstrating proper mechanics between plays, we need more shots of the sidelines and huddles.

Maybe some more closeups of players' faces, to show how serious they are between plays.

They went on for 10 minutes about the mechanics then he did a demonstration that did nothing for the fan that wanted to see the defensive line-up they had. Instead we came back to the field of play with 2 seconds before the snap.

15 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

They went on for 10 minutes about the mechanics then he did a demonstration that did nothing for the fan that wanted to see the defensive line-up they had. Instead we came back to the field of play with 2 seconds before the snap.

If that bothered you don't ever watch Manningcast (same for @Keukasmallie)

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Keukasmallie said:

Two points

First, try watching the game on mute.  Much less cluttered without the announcers

Second, the crowd noise you hear isn't the noise around the booth.  It's sounds of the game that have been filtered by the crew.  The NFL is kinda like the old sci-fi TV show The Outer Limits in that they control all that you see and hear. 

1 minute ago, Ann said:

Honestly? You're missing out,. Manningcast has probably saved MNF.

It ruined Josh! LOL. I dont even know what time it is on. We play next Monday so perhaps I will catch it. If you say to then I will! You are my pal!!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

It ruined Josh! LOL. I dont even know what time it is on. We play next Monday so perhaps I will catch it. If you say to then I will! You are my pal!!

Yeah, I dunno if I would do the Manningcast for the Bills game.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...