Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Breakdowns/Shortages

Foxx

for those without children to abort

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/major-uk-supermarket-chain-planning-sell-bugs-food-help-poor-people-through-winter

A major supermarket chain in the UK is finalising plans to stock insects on its shelves and market them as a cheap food source for people struggling to afford to feed their families amid soaring inflation and the cost of living crisis.

The Daily Mail reports that Aldi is considering stocking ‘edible’ bugs and providing recipe kits for parents to prepare worms and crickets for their hungry children.

Potential products in the range include ‘sustainable’ cricket burgers, as well as ‘nuggets’ and ‘mince’.

Yummmmmy.

2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

for those without children to abort

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/major-uk-supermarket-chain-planning-sell-bugs-food-help-poor-people-through-winter

A major supermarket chain in the UK is finalising plans to stock insects on its shelves and market them as a cheap food source for people struggling to afford to feed their families amid soaring inflation and the cost of living crisis.

The Daily Mail reports that Aldi is considering stocking ‘edible’ bugs and providing recipe kits for parents to prepare worms and crickets for their hungry children.

Potential products in the range include ‘sustainable’ cricket burgers, as well as ‘nuggets’ and ‘mince’.

Yummmmmy.

Cricket is a game

Not a food stuff

• Wow 1

7 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Meanwhile, Biden: Everything's great, Jack! Educate yourself!

image.jpeg.759bd5c93803d68ef46e54415ea235a1.jpeg

In Biden's defense, everything inside the bubble is great.  The rest of us outside the bubble they're leeching from aren't fairing as well

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ann said:

That is 64-68 Fahrenheit for those wondering, no heat between 11pm and 5 am.

ItalyHeating.jpg.49d29350f47648c6c605cdda5bb0972f.jpg

66° to 68° F isn't all that bad. I'd be more concerned about it being completely off from 11pm to 5am. 6 hours with no heat, better hope the place is well insulated and that it isn't freezing outside. Might take a couple hours for the place to warm up.

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

66° to 68° F isn't all that bad. I'd be more concerned about it being completely off from 11pm to 5am. 6 hours with no heat, better hope the place is well insulated and that it isn't freezing outside. Might take a couple hours for the place to warm up.

You are clearly not old or female.

• Haha 3

Billsandhorns
2 hours ago, Foxx said:

It also takes a minimum of twice the energy to get the the temperature back up as it would to just maintain it.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
2 hours ago, Foxx said:

The reality is electricity in Italy was already very expensive so most didn’t keep it on very high.

As opposed to here where I usually keep it around 71.

Edited by Nouseforaname

29 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

The reality is electricity in Italy was already very expensive so most didn’t keep it on very high.

Reality is going to arrive starkly at 4:59am on a cold as hell winter day.

Crap Throwing Clavin

I have some money in my IRA to invest.  Who's the biggest manufacturer of Italian space heaters?

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

Reality is going to arrive starkly at 4:59am on a cold as hell winter day.

It's Italy, not Minnesota.  Mediterranean climate.  As long as you're not in the mountains, shouldn't be too bad.

If you're in the mountains, you're &#%$ed.  But if you're in the mountains, you've probably been &#%$ed by the Italian government for a while anyway.

• Cheers 2

Nouseforaname
36 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I have some money in my IRA to invest.  Who's the biggest manufacturer of Italian space heaters?

It's Italy, not Minnesota.  Mediterranean climate.  As long as you're not in the mountains, shouldn't be too bad.

If you're in the mountains, you're &#%$ed.  But if you're in the mountains, you've probably been &#%$ed by the Italian government for a while anyway.

In February 2016 I went to Rome and Teggiano (my parents hometown).  The houses are cold because they are made of cement and they aren’t used to heating their homes as it is extremely expensive.  You basically sleep fully clothed. 

Either way in the towns everyone is related directly indirectly with the mayor.  Chances are they’ll just bypass the rules somehow.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

19 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

The last place we stayed in (airbnb in Rome) the air conditioning didn’t work unless it was set to 18 (64F). I wore a sweater in the apartment as it was quite warm outside (80F) and we needed the air.

Stayed six different places this trip. That was the most extreme,  but none regulated heat or electric outside our comfort zone (except the cold place, and hubby loved it). Only three places used the keycard in the card reader wall slot, two were hotels,  the third was that crazy colder place. 

Maybe more homes will go to keycards? Maybe all places will do away with one keycard (the hotels only issue one card to make certain someone is in the room when electricity is being used) if there will be no heat overnight (trying to store heat)?

Nouseforaname
4 hours ago, Ann said:

The last place we stayed in (airbnb in Rome) the air conditioning didn’t work unless it was set to 18 (64F). I wore a sweater in the apartment as it was quite warm outside (80F) and we needed the air.

Stayed six different places this trip. That was the most extreme,  but none regulated heat or electric outside our comfort zone (except the cold place, and hubby loved it). Only three places used the keycard in the card reader wall slot, two were hotels,  the third was that crazy colder place. 

Maybe more homes will go to keycards? Maybe all places will do away with one keycard (the hotels only issue one card to make certain someone is in the room when electricity is being used) if there will be no heat overnight (trying to store heat)?

I wouldn’t be surprised if no one followed the rules. 

• 1 month later...

How magnanimous. We're allowing them to access $3bn of their own money to rebuild infrastructure that has become dilapidated, due in large part to economic sanctions we have placed upon them. 

I wonder what Juan Guaidó thinks of the plan for free and fair elections...

U.S. Poised to Grant Chevron License to Pump Oil in Venezuela

Granting the new license is contingent on the Venezuelan government and its political opponents’ announcement, expected Saturday, to implement a $3 billion humanitarian program using Venezuelan funds unfrozen by the U.S. as well as an agreement to resume talks in Mexico City next month on resolving the country’s political crisis through free and fair elections, people familiar with the matter said. The talks would quickly set in motion U.S. authorization for Chevron’s return to Venezuela’s oil fields, according to the people.

“Between the 25th and 26th of November, the dialogue between the Maduro government and the Venezuelan opposition will restart,” Colombian President Gustavo Petro, who has been in communication with Mr. Maduro, wrote in a tweet Wednesday.

The license, which isn’t permanent and would need future renewal, would return Chevron’s position in Venezuela to a sanctions framework similar to one in effect in 2019, before the Trump administration clamped down further on Chevron’s activities as part of a “maximum pressure” campaign aimed at ousting the government of Venezuela’s Nicolás Maduro. ...

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Foxx said:

How magnanimous. We're allowing them to access $3bn of their own money to rebuild infrastructure that has become dilapidated, due in large part to economic sanctions we have placed upon them. 

I wonder what Juan Guaidó thinks of the plan for free and fair elections...

U.S. Poised to Grant Chevron License to Pump Oil in Venezuela

as well as an agreement to resume talks in Mexico City next month on resolving the country’s political crisis through free and fair elections

Just think about that for a minute...  :classic_dry:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2