Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo at Kansas City: Week 5 Game Week Thread

Ann

The Buffalo Bills take on the Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday, October 10th at 7pm on Sunday Night Football.
Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth provide play-by-play and color.  There is no Manning Brothers show to counter them.

Opening line on Sunday:

opening.jpg.2ec6cc08f4e96564d21de370b249aed1.jpg

• Like 1

The Bills coaching staff wants the team to focus on this heading into Chiefs week

The Buffalo Bills know their next opponent is the one who knocked them out of an opportunity to win the Super Bowl last season. They understand how talented the Kansas City Chiefs are and know what a win would mean for the psyche of the team and community. With the added attention of this Sunday's nationally televised game, head coach Sean McDermott is aiming to keep his team's preparation consistent with previous four weeks of the season. And, oddly enough, McDermott learned about the importance of consistency from the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs.

"That was big for me as a young coach," McDermott said of the lessons he learned from Andy Reid when the two were on the same staff in Philadelphia. "I remember a few of those occasions when we were in maybe a little bit of a dip, and Andy's consistency brought us out of that. And then we went on to bigger, better things of course for many years there. His leadership and his examples are one of the things I learned from that consistency standpoint."

</snip>

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Ann said:

The Buffalo Bills take on the Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday, October 10th at 7pm on Sunday Night Football.
Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth provide play-by-play and color.  There is no Manning Brothers show to counter them.

Opening line on Sunday:

opening.jpg.2ec6cc08f4e96564d21de370b249aed1.jpg

It's a neutral field pickem.

Edited by LB3
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

First in Field Goals? Gotta do better converting in the red zone.

stat.jpg.5b1d62a9c5523381e0ecac1bbd123fa0.jpg

stat-01.jpg.30895da16b6f25e87bbf550c9231ceb7.jpg

First in field goals...and tied for second in points scored (134, tied with Chiefs.  Cardinals are first with 140), and first in point differential (90.  Cards are next-closest with 55.)  I'm not too worried about being first in field goals.

And notably, Bills lead the league in margin of victory - 22.5 points.  Next closest is the Cardinals at 13.8 - more than a touchdown behind.  

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Is it Sunday night yet?

It's Sunday night somewhere...

...no, wait.  Nevermind.  That's 5 o'clock.  🍹

• Cheers 1

Sean McDermott going up against Andy Reid. A former pupil going up against his former boss/mentor. We need an example from popular culture of something like this. Unfortunately the only example which comes to mind is Darth Vader going up against Obi Wan Kenobi. “When last we met, I was but a learner. Now I am the master.” That scene and quote exactly describes Bill Belichick going up against Bill Parcells. Now we need a scene which describes McDermott going up against Reid. Any suggestions?