Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills Tidbits

MothersMilk

Crap Throwing Clavin
12 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

But where do you put it when you're done?  It's too big to display in your home.  Here's to hoping the Pegulas put it on display in the new stadium.

Great work, though.  Legos are pretty amazing, that you can do things like that or shit like this.

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
6 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

But where do you put it when you're done?  It's too big to display in your home.  Here's to hoping the Pegulas put it on display in the new stadium.

Great work, though.  Legos are pretty amazing, that you can do things like that or shit like this.

I wanna know how much that thing costs.

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I wanna know how much that thing costs.

He says he put $500 in to it, but that's just for pieces he didn't already have.  All told...there's probably 20-30k Legos in that, minimum, and Legos tend to average about ten cents apiece.  So figure around two grand.

I'm more interested in knowing just how he thought that thing through.  I'm working on a scale model of something much smaller and easier, and it is damned difficult to scale a real-life object to standard Lego sizes and available shapes.  I can't imagine where he'd start with an entire stadium.  

Alaska Darin
1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

He says he put $500 in to it, but that's just for pieces he didn't already have.  All told...there's probably 20-30k Legos in that, minimum, and Legos tend to average about ten cents apiece.  So figure around two grand.

I'm more interested in knowing just how he thought that thing through.  I'm working on a scale model of something much smaller and easier, and it is damned difficult to scale a real-life object to standard Lego sizes and available shapes.  I can't imagine where he'd start with an entire stadium.  

I was actually talking about the war ships but the $.10 thing tells enough of the story.

People have some crazy hobbies (sincerely, a very bad guitar player).

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Why does a bad Styx song come to mind seeing that?  

But it truly is impressive work.

• Cheers 2

On 8/2/2022 at 10:02 AM, Alaska Darin said:

I was actually talking about the war ships but the $.10 thing tells enough of the story.

People have some crazy hobbies (sincerely, a very bad guitar player).

Compared to me you are a great guitar player

• Haha 1