Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills Tidbits

MothersMilk

4 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I 100% believe it

What do you think he'll be delt for if we acquire him? Moss, a 3rd this coming year, and a 5th the following year, or something more?

• Like 1

CBS Sports claims four teams have “shown interest”

And while teams are calling about Christian McCaffrey, the Panthers have not engaged in any serious trade talks. Carolina isn't just going to give away one of the league's best weapons when healthy. The Broncos, 49ers, Rams and Bills are among the teams that have shown varying degrees of interest in McCaffrey.

• Cheers 1

On 10/15/2022 at 8:43 PM, Foxx said:

What do you think he'll be delt for if we acquire him? Moss, a 3rd this coming year, and a 5th the following year, or something more?

It's a really interesting question because of the variables.

1.  What value does Beane really put on CMC? 

2.  Can you renegotiate his contract?  Do you really want to try or is this a "big swing" for just this season?

3.  How much of a market is there for him?  Obviously if other teams covet him, that makes the likelihood of him coming here more tenuous.

4.  Is Beane still smarting from losing out on VM40 last trade deadline?  How does that factor into this?

5.  Is there another asset out there that would cost less but be equally beneficial?

I 100% believe the BILLS are interested but I think the Panthers value CMC much higher than the rest of the league does.  I honestly don't expect anyone to pay a ransom to get him but if Carolina wants to move him, he could definitely end up in Buffalo for the right price (it could be as simple as your scenario, which is probably fair).

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

It's a really interesting question because of the variables.

1.  What value does Beane really put on CMC? 

2.  Can you renegotiate his contract?  Do you really want to try or is this a "big swing" for just this season?

3.  How much of a market is there for him?  Obviously if other teams covet him, that makes the likelihood of him coming here more tenuous.

4.  Is Beane still smarting from losing out on VM40 last trade deadline?  How does that factor into this?

5.  Is there another asset out there that would cost less but be equally beneficial?

I 100% believe the BILLS are interested but I think the Panthers value CMC much higher than the rest of the league does.  I honestly don't expect anyone to pay a ransom to get him but if Carolina wants to move him, he could definitely end up in Buffalo for the right price (it could be as simple as your scenario, which is probably fair).

I'm not sure we have all that many contacts in the Panthers FO anymore. Sure would help us to have the inside track if we had what we used to.

My only concerns with CMC is his seeming fragility and cost.

I will do as I have done throughout McBean tenure here and trust the process.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I'm not sure we have all that many contacts in the Panthers FO anymore. Sure would help us to have the inside track if we had what we used to.

My only concerns with CMC is his seeming fragility and cost.

I will do as I have done throughout McBean tenure here and trust the process.

CMC's cost the rest of the season is around $600k.  Nothing left in his current contract is guaranteed.  That's the biggest reason I think he's in play for us.

Dan Morgan (Assistant GM) is still there.  He was on Beane's staff when he first took our GM job.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 2

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

CMC's cost the rest of the season is around $600k.  Nothing left in his current contract is guaranteed.  That's the biggest reason I think he's in play for us.

Dan Morgan (Assistant GM) is still there.  He was on Beane's staff when he first took our GM job.

I'm on board. Hopefully we can make it happen for the right price. And... possibly sign him to a 'friendly' contract.

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Since it's too early for the Week 8 Game thread...

The Bills have had a few margins of victory this year that aren't to far off from that over/under. This team is crazy good.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hedge said:

The Bills have had a few margins of victory this year that aren't to far off from that over/under. This team is crazy good.

Can't wait for Tre to come back. Dude must be looking at this team like my Jewish buddy looking at a plate of wings waiting for the sun to set on Yom Kippur.

• Haha 2