Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs Colts Week 11: The Aftermath

Ann

10 minutes ago, Ann said:

Saw this coming.

We do have to respect their decisions.

However as young healthy athletes it's very likely that had they been vaccinated they would not have tested positive. 

No there's no way to know that definitively, im just going off the population data of young healthy  people and their generally protective immune response to the vaccine. 

• Facepalm 2

2 minutes ago, NCBillsFan said:

Saw this coming.

I was uneasy going into the game and would not have been surprised by a loss

But I was not expecting an all out ass whooping

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, NCBillsFan said:

Saw this coming.

We do have to respect their decisions.

However as young healthy athletes it's very likely that had they been vaccinated they would not have tested positive. 

No there's no way to know that definitively, im just going off the population data of young healthy  people and their generally protective immune response to the vaccine. 

Was it about choosing not to play or choosing not to vaccinate?

17 minutes ago, NCBillsFan said:

Big Ben is vaxxed and tested positive last week.  He was out for the Lions game.  I suspect these covid tests are extremely unreliable, but it is what the NFL uses, so kind of a moot point.

10 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Was it about choosing not to play or choosing not to vaccinate?

They didn’t have a choice to play.  DIfferent rules for unvaxxed players.  Out 10 days minimum, no matter what the tests say.

Edited by GG1
  • Like 1

There is something fundamentally wrong with this team besides the offensive line (which already couldn't run block last year) regressing and opposing defenses adjusting to the passing game.  They just do not have the same confidence and mental toughness they showed a year ago.  The combination of game planning, play calling, and Allen isn't the same this year.  It seems like every drive is a struggle and they don't ever seem to figure things out during the game.  They exude no confidence and Allen is showing no leadership.  Today they all but quit at halftime.

It's way past time to shine a spotlight on a coaching staff that has been flat out bad this year.  I am absolutely ready to move on from Daboll and Frazier.

As far as talent on the DL, I am not sold on the '9 average guys' approach.  This DL needs a dominating player.  Next time someone like Deforest Buckner is available they need to strongly consider making that move.

I get it's a week to week league and they got only bad breaks today, but I honestly don't see how they are suddenly going to come out and light it up against NE*, TB or AZ.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
  • FANtastic 1

2 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

There is something fundamentally wrong with this team besides the offensive line (which already couldn't run block last year) regressing and opposing defenses adjusting to the passing game.  They just do not have the same confidence and mental toughness they showed a year ago.  The combination of game planning, play calling, and Allen isn't the same this year.  It seems like every drive is a struggle and they don't ever seem to figure things out during the game.  They exude no confidence and Allen is showing no leadership.  Today they all but quit at halftime.

It's way past time to shine a spotlight on a coaching staff that has been flat out bad this year.  I am absolutely ready to move on from Daboll and Frazier.

As far as talent on the DL, I am not sold on the '9 average guys' approach.  This DL needs a dominating player.  Next time someone like Deforest Buckner is available they need to strongly consider making that move.

I get it's a week to week league and they got only bad breaks today, but I honestly don't see how they are suddenly going to come out and light it up against NE*, TB or AZ.

Problem is, the owners love him.

Extra problem: they've got a miserable record with picking coaches in both their franchises.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I'd love to see what a competent OC could do with Josh.  Daboll has been pretty bad everywhere he has been, and I suspect Josh is making Daboll look much better than what he is, and that is saying a lot as Daboll has come up with pretty boneheaded game plans and playcalls.

There are some big problems with the coordinators, and probably some position coaches, as well.  Agree that I would change out Daboll and Frazier, but I wouldn't stop there.  I would get new DLine and Oline position coaches.  Eric Washington and Bobby Johnson aren't exactly innovative, or competent.

Agree with the DLine rotation strategy, which seems completely unnecessary and is probably counter-productive.  At the very least, it is not effective.  It is expensive and tends to bring in JAGs who get overpaid, taking away resources from positions that need help, such as the OLine.

We'll probably light up NO on Thursday, but will probably lose to NE the following week the way the pattern has been playing out.

Wins against NYJ, Hou, Mia x2, KC when they were bad, and Wash.

Losses against Jax, Tenn, Ind, and Pitt.

Not looking good going forward considering their SOS remaining. McDermott better get his head out of his ass if he is worth a damn as a coach!

20 minutes ago, Joe said:

Problem is, the owners love him.

Extra problem: they've got a miserable record with picking coaches in both their franchises.

I suspect the Pegulas are going to be very patient with Beane/McD...for better or worse.  McD has a very steep learning curve and the embarrassing losses we've seen this year are just part of the "Process," I would think.

• Like 1

Just checked back here. I cant believe we are firing coaches. Is this _ATOP_ Did my link screw up? YES, the game sucked. Stop with the back and forth of is our OC and DC any good.

The team did not execute. This game is on the players. Josh threw to the other team. McKenzie dropped the ball. Our backup came in to throw another int. Our Top of the league kicker missed 2 FG's. They can and need to change. Both the OC and DC may be gone next year because of HC jobs. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, GG1 said:

Don't discount Reich's motivation after Pegulas passed in him.  

1 hour ago, devnull said:

I was uneasy going into the game and would not have been surprised by a loss

But I was not expecting an all out ass whooping

Remember Stephon’s looking in on the KC AFC Championship game celebration? 
Reich had the same motivation brewing with his charges after their elimination in Buffalo last past season. 

What did The Bills do to KC on their field this year? The same that Indy just did to The Bills. 

Edited by Nanker
  • Like 2

The offensive line needs to learn how to &#%$ing block. It was night and day watching Indy's offensive line.

Allen needs to remember that his receivers aren't 8 feet tall. Especially Beasley.

The defense needs to learn how to &#%$ing tackle and how to cover receivers.

Tyler Bass has stupid eyeblack.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Remember Stephon’s looking in on the KC AFC Championship game celebration? 
Reich had the same motivation brewing with his charges after their elimination in Buffalo last past season. 

What did The Bills do to KC on their field this year? The same that Indy just did to The Bills. 

Interesting parallels.

Frank Reich also had the advantage of playing against a DC who apparently only knows how to scheme a nickel defense.  That made his day on offense very easy.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bdutton said:

I'm not ready to panic yet.  We had key pieces of our OL/DL out.

We are still a very good team.

On to New Orleans.

While not panicking, at the same time I feel that the Bills are not a top flight team.  They are too disorganized, too inconsistent, and are either unable to make in-game adjustments, or don't have players able to implement those adjustments.  They will win some more games, but probably won't go far in the post-season, if they qualify.  To me, the Bills have not looked good since about the fourth week of the season; up and down either quarter by quarter or game to game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Core Four said:

Big Ben is vaxxed and tested positive last week.  He was out for the Lions game.  I suspect these covid tests are extremely unreliable, but it is what the NFL uses, so kind of a moot point.

They are unreliable when the Ct value for positive is set a friggin 40. Maybe the NFL has a more realistic metric at <35, but I doubt it.

48 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Just checked back here. I cant believe we are firing coaches. Is this _ATOP_ Did my link screw up? YES, the game sucked. Stop with the back and forth of is our OC and DC any good.

The team did not execute. This game is on the players. Josh threw to the other team. McKenzie dropped the ball. Our backup came in to throw another int. Our Top of the league kicker missed 2 FG's. They can and need to change. Both the OC and DC may be gone next year because of HC jobs. 

But it's not just today.  They've played four games against playoff caliber opponents and are 1-3 and have been clearly outcoached in each of those loses.  They've now lost two very poorly played games in the last three weeks.  How is that not a reflection of game planning and coaching?

They've gotten away with it by playing a ridiculously easy schedule thus far and despite that are still not even leading the AFCE.   Well that changes now, because they have maybe the hardest schedules for the rest of the season.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like 4