Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Official ‘Other Games’ Thread - Thanksgiving Week - 12

Foxx

23 minutes ago, devnull said:

Yet he makes more money this season than many people will make in a lifetime

proves that sometimes brute force can succeed over intellect

10 hours ago, KD in CA said:

The “star of the game” who had 5 ypa and four picks??

&#%$ you NBC.  

You know what is infinitely worse than throwing four picks in one game?

Getting four picks and only scoring 10 points in a losing effort.

Just when I start to lose confidence in where I expected our team to be at this point in the season, along comes Cleveland asking me to hold their beer.

12 hours ago, Core Four said:

To be fair to Mayfield, the Browns OLine is really struggling.  Mayfield isn't getting much time and has been beat up.

This isn't directed right at you, but I think one of the dumbest things we hear NFL announcers say during a game is that if you give (fill in the blank quarterback name) in the pocket, he can pick you apart.

If any NFL quarterback has time in the pocket and CAN'T pick you apart, they ain't in the NFL.

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

If any NFL quarterback has time in the pocket and CAN'T pick you apart, they ain't in the NFL.

Or they were a Bills QB before Allen.

This isn't directed right at you, but I think one of the dumbest things we hear NFL announcers say during a game is that if you give (fill in the blank quarterback name) in the pocket, he can pick you apart.

I agree with this.  I was just eluding to the multiple times the dam broke just after the ball was snapped and Mayfield was running for his life.  Kind of like what the Steelers did to Josh in week 1.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Core Four said:

I agree with this.  I was just eluding to the multiple times the dam broke just after the ball was snapped and Mayfield was running for his life.  Kind of like what the Steelers did to Josh in week 1.

And what you consequently see is him ultimately missing easy outs because he hears footschtepps, footsctepps, footschteps.  Truth is, I kinda like Mayfield and last night it felt like the issues were not just the OL, but the play calling. 

In the end, if you can't turn four picks into a victory, you have bigger problems than your QB.

• Like 2

And what you consequently see is him ultimately missing easy outs because he hears footschtepps, footsctepps, footschteps.  Truth is, I kinda like Mayfield and last night it felt like the issues were not just the OL, but the play calling. 

In the end, if you can't turn four picks into a victory, you have bigger problems than your QB.

I didn't watch the game but pointing out "play calling" is rarely correct.  Most of the time QBs have to be smart enough to get out of plays that are clearly not going to work.  The good ones do it regularly.

Mayfield comes across as lazy...so a big part of me believes he's the reason the Browns seem to be in bad plays more often than not.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I didn't watch the game but pointing out "play calling" is rarely correct.  Most of the time QBs have to be smart enough to get out of plays that are clearly not going to work.  The good ones do it regularly.

Mayfield comes across as lazy...so a big part of me believes he's the reason the Browns seem to be in bad plays more often than not.

It's too bad you didn't watch it because if nothing else it makes you feel CONSIDERABLY better about the Bills, even after the losses to the Jags and Colts. The second quarter was literally this:

• Ravens field goal
  • Browns fumble
  • Lamar interception
  • Browns field goal
  • Lamar interception
  • Browns fumble
  • Lamar interception

He did okay avoiding all the pressure last night, but his short throws just seemed to take forever from the moment he decides to throw until the ball gets near the receiver, at which point the coverage has closed in. It may just be me, but you get a real sense of how strong an arm Allen has when you watch people like Mayfield and Tua.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

It's too bad you didn't watch it because if nothing else it makes you feel CONSIDERABLY better about the Bills, even after the losses to the Jags and Colts. The second quarter was literally this:

• Ravens field goal
  • Browns fumble
  • Lamar interception
  • Browns field goal
  • Lamar interception
  • Browns fumble
  • Lamar interception

He did okay avoiding all the pressure last night, but his short throws just seemed to take forever from the moment he decides to throw until the ball gets near the receiver, at which point the coverage has closed in. It may just be me, but you get a real sense of how strong an arm Allen has when you watch people like Mayfield and Tua.

It's generally not "imperative" that your QB has a huge arm but when you play at least half your games in wind, the importance becomes more acute.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Seahawks - Washington.

No Manningcast tonight.

Pass

(Manningcast will be on next week during the Bills-Patriots game)

I will not be watching the Manningcast next week.

Too tense for those two yukking it up during the game. 

• Like 3

Washington scores a TD, Seattle blocks the PAT and returns it for the defensive two point conversion. I think that’s the first one of those I’ve ever seen. 

22 minutes ago, snafu said:

I will not be watching the Manningcast next week.

Too tense for those two yukking it up during the game. 

Colts and Giants alum yukking it up during MNF against the Pats for 1st place in the AFCE.
I might go full McDermott at the 14 second mark

• Cheers 1