Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Official ‘Other Games’ Thread - Thanksgiving Week - 12

Foxx

9 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I don't know about the rotation being the problem, with the exception being the Star/Zim/Harry part of it.  Star is a serviceable backup who got paid a lot for too long because the BILLS were desperate when he as signed.  Harry and Zim are both replacement-level guys.  I don't think there's any question the DLine looks pretty different next season.

I don't see them getting a CB in FA when they're way cheaper through the draft.  Wallace has absolutely zero ball skills in man situations, which is a why he is so often exposed against physical running teams.

The rotation is definitely a problem when you have guys like Addison, Butler, Star/Zim/Harry, and a beyond his prime Hughes being paid starting money and taking up roster spots.  It is expensive, invites an overload of JAGs, and takes away from other positions of need like OLine and CB.

It's funny how coaches like Frazier and McD, who were DBs and run a DB-centric scheme, can't get the CB2 spot right.  I think they favor Wallace who seems to win the position each year, and each season he gets beat like a drum.  Maybe they draft a CB, in which case you bring in another position through FA, which is fine.

11 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Buck and Aikman are the Wonder Bread of announcing teams.  Just kind of...there.  Innocuous, but not something you ever give any real thought.

You would think that Aikman and Buck were split off of the same cell in terms of syntax and appearance.  Looks like both are sporting 3 day old facial hair today.  Does one make a move without consulting the other?  FOX needs to split them up and find a new number 1 team.

1 hour ago, Core Four said:

McD *should* fire Frazier, but he won't.  The DLine was in shambles last year and needed to be addressed.  It will need to be addressed more this offseason.  It's not "wasting" picks, but rather scheme philosophy and personnel acquisition to fill a bad scheme/philosophy.

If it's to the detriment of the offense, the picks are wasted.

More needs to be invested on the OL, in the backfield and on the edges

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

They'd have to do a bunch with that OLine but they've got a good WR group and Harris looks like the stud I expected when he was drafted. 

I still think Rogers ends up in SF.

Would the 49ers give up on Trey Lance that quick?

On a related SF QB note, it wouldn't surprise me if Jimmy G ends up on the Steelers in 2022

4 minutes ago, devnull said:

On a related SF QB note, it wouldn't surprise me if Jimmy G ends up on the Steelers in 2022

If you were in Shanahan's spot, do you wanna go through trying to win with a rookie QB?  I doubt the organization has much more patience for losing and they were in on Rogers when it (at least from the outside) appeared he was on the trade block.  Given the season they've had to date, why would their interest wane now?  Nothing Lance did made it appear he is even close to ready to be a starter.

13 minutes ago, Joe said:

If it's to the detriment of the offense, the picks are wasted.

More needs to be invested on the OL, in the backfield and on the edges

You can't rely on fielding a shitty defense and outscoring everyone.  That won't work.  You need at least a solid, physical, and smart defense.  We don't have that, at least on the front 7.

12 minutes ago, devnull said:

This is a really good thought, especially if SF can get Rodgers.  If they can't, then I would think they extend JImmy G and try to develop Trey Lance.

6 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

If you were in Shanahan's spot, do you wanna go through trying to win with a rookie QB?  I doubt the organization has much more patience for losing and they were in on Rogers when it (at least from the outside) appeared he was on the trade block.  Given the season they've had to date, why would their interest wane now?  Nothing Lance did made it appear he is even close to ready to be a starter.

Do you give up on the #3 overall pick after only 10 games or so?

How much dead cap space would Lance and presumably Jimmy G eat up, in addition to Rodgers big bucks?

Rodgers to SF looks good on paper, til you add up the numbers.  

19 minutes ago, devnull said:

Providing Lance is ready to take over the reins, Garapolo to the Steelers makes way too much sense.

16 minutes ago, Core Four said:

You can't rely on fielding a shitty defense and outscoring everyone.  That won't work.  You need at least a solid, physical, and smart defense.  We don't have that, at least on the front 7.

Maybe. We'll have to disagree about that. We did better with a worse defense last year

22 minutes ago, devnull said:

Do you give up on the #3 overall pick after only 10 games or so?

How much dead cap space would Lance and presumably Jimmy G eat up, in addition to Rodgers big bucks?

Rodgers to SF looks good on paper, til you add up the numbers.  

Jimmy G's dead cap next season is $1.4M.  Lance is on his rookie contract so his cap hit is under $8M.  Neither of those is a factor.

11 minutes ago, Joe said:

Maybe. We'll have to disagree about that. We did better with a worse defense last year

Mostly because of a very favorable schedule and low expectations. 

1 minute ago, Joe said:

Making out like a bandit on FanDuel's dime lol

I'm pateintly waiting for the Browns/Ravens game to start. I really want the Browns to win. Make the AFC a cluster for the number 1 seed. Get our Bills back into the thick of it.

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

I'm pateintly waiting for the Browns/Ravens game to start. I really want the Browns to win. Make the AFC a cluster for the number 1 seed. Get our Bills back into the thick of it.

Mayfield may not play.  Even if he does, how effective will he be?  I think Balt wins.

• Like 1