Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Official ‘Other Games’ Thread - Thanksgiving Week - 12

Foxx

1 minute ago, Core Four said:

McD *should* fire Frazier, but he won't.  The DLine was in shambles last year and needed to be addressed.  It will need to be addressed more this offseason.  It's not "wasting" picks, but rather scheme philosophy and personnel acquisition to fill a bad scheme/philosophy.

The only way it will "really" work is getting someone like Chandler Jones (maybe Groot takes a giant leap???), replacing Olanim at MLB, getting a 1DT, and another lockdown corner.  That's a pretty tall order.

17 minutes ago, Foxx said:

With Cincy winning, if the Ravens lose tonight I wonder who would be in first.

If the Browns win tonight... guess who is the conference 1 seed.

:whistling:

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The only way it will "really" work is getting someone like Chandler Jones (maybe Groot takes a giant leap???), replacing Olanim at MLB, getting a 1DT, and another lockdown corner.  That's a pretty tall order.

I think they need to get a 1TDT, MLB, and 2-3 OLinemen.  Get rid of Butler, Addison, and Hughes.  Stop with the DLine rotation, it is expensive and the juice just isn't worth the squeeze.  They'll probably have to live with the DEs they have now in AJE, Groot, Basham, and Obada.  Maybe get a CB in FA, doesn't have to be "lock down" as I personally don't think those truly exist.  Paying a CB premium money isn't the best use of resources, I'd rather pay a good front 7 guy before a CB.  Between the draft and FA, this should be at least close to doable.

1 minute ago, Ann said:

&#%$ing New England :crying2: and :badwords:

And that doesn't really matter being as we play them 8 days from now. 

No better way to fire up our boys.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ann said:

&#%$ing New England :crying2: and :badwords:

I bet the outcome would have been different if the Titans had Henry and AJ Brown.  The Pats were lucky to face Tenn with a depleted lineup.

• Haha 1

Just now, Core Four said:

I bet the outcome would have been different if the Titans had Henry and AJ Brown.  The Pats were lucky to face Tenn with a depleted lineup.

Sometimes, it is better to be lucky than good. :classic_sad:

4 minutes ago, Ann said:

Sometimes, it is better to be lucky than good. :classic_sad:

Well, NE is pretty good.  There was a discussion about this in the earlier pages of this thread.  They're beatable, but you need to be mistake free and have a good plan...not just sit back in a soft nickel zone.

• Like 1

Troy Aikman has played and watched a ton of football in his time.  The next time he says something poignant will be the first.  I hear better analysis when I'm talking to myself.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

Troy Aikman has played and watched a ton of football in his time.  The next time he says something poignant will be the first.  I hear better analysis when I'm talking to myself.

He's a legend in his own mind.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Core Four said:

I think they need to get a 1TDT, MLB, and 2-3 OLinemen.  Get rid of Butler, Addison, and Hughes.  Stop with the DLine rotation, it is expensive and the juice just isn't worth the squeeze.  They'll probably have to live with the DEs they have now in AJE, Groot, Basham, and Obada.  Maybe get a CB in FA, doesn't have to be "lock down" as I personally don't think those truly exist.  Paying a CB premium money isn't the best use of resources, I'd rather pay a good front 7 guy before a CB.  Between the draft and FA, this should be at least close to doable.

I don't know about the rotation being the problem, with the exception being the Star/Zim/Harry part of it.  Star is a serviceable backup who got paid a lot for too long because the BILLS were desperate when he as signed.  Harry and Zim are both replacement-level guys.  I don't think there's any question the DLine looks pretty different next season.

I don't see them getting a CB in FA when they're way cheaper through the draft.  Wallace has absolutely zero ball skills in man situations, which is a why he is so often exposed against physical running teams.

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 minutes ago, Foxx said:

He's a legend in his own mind.

4 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

And Joe Buck’s.

Buck and Aikman are the Wonder Bread of announcing teams.  Just kind of...there.  Innocuous, but not something you ever give any real thought.

• Like 1