Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

The Main Stream Media

Jackson

30 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

They're literally bitching that the Times is reporting news, and not advocating.  As the Times succinctly points out:

I'd congratulate the Times for taking this stand for journalistic integrity, if it wasn't a complete aberration from how they've acted the past 15 years.

I agree.

I think it is telling that the Times is getting smacked for being news-tellers by people who have come to expect them to be biased in how they present the news.  The Times has managed everyone's (liberal and conservative) expectations to see them as advocates.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, snafu said:

I don't read the NYT, but I guess other people do.  And apparently the NYT is trans-phobic and it comes across in their reporting and editorial style.  They received an open letter from 1,000 current and former employees and contributors condemning them for their bias.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/feb/17/new-york-times-contributors-open-letter-protest-anti-trans-coverage

So you're saying every trans in NYS signed it? All 1000 of them? I'd say that's quite the accomplishment! :flypig:

:chuckle:

• Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, B-Man said:

This is the way.

MSNBC and NBC News - particularly MSNBC - will undoubtedly respond with something like "DeSantis refuses to discuss his support of slavery with us."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

MSNBC and NBC News - particularly MSNBC - will undoubtedly respond with something like "DeSantis refuses to discuss his support of slavery with us."

Mitchell responded today that she was "imprecise." :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
14 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Mitchell responded today that she was "imprecise." :classic_laugh:

Somebody pleas show me where the imprecision is in "Desantis doesn't want slavery taught in schools."  And people are actually going to buy this excuse.  :facepalm:

Billsandhorns
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Somebody pleas show me where the imprecision is in "Desantis doesn't want slavery taught in schools."  And people are actually going to buy this excuse.  :facepalm:

Take the audience into consideration 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
28 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

Take the audience into consideration 

I know.  It doesn't stop me from marveling at their gullibility.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
On 3/12/2023 at 3:48 PM, B-Man said:

As someone who has been hospitalized for severe clinical depression...there is no &#%$ing way Fetterman is "keeping up with his work."

• Like 4
  • Cheers 3

• 3 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
On 4/2/2023 at 7:22 AM, Foxx said:

:classic_laugh:

I've been trying to find why the NYT is taking a stand on this particular mole hill...but I just can't.  Is it some First Amendment "freedom of the press" stand from people who've frequently argued for people to be silenced on Twitter?

Admittedly, though, I haven't tried very hard to find out.  I haven't gone to the NYT themselves, for example.  

Dumbest entitlement fight ever.  

Edited by Crap Throwing Clavin
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I've been trying to find why the NYT is taking a stand on this particular mole hill...but I just can't.  Is it some First Amendment "freedom of the press" stand from people who've frequently argued for people to be silenced on Twitter?

Admittedly, though, I haven't tried very hard to find out.  I haven't gone to the NYT themselves, for example.  

Dumbest entitlement fight ever.  

They probably figure that having their posts being featured more, and the Community Notes aspect calling them out for erroneous information, would result in more people becoming aware of their agenda.