Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

The Main Stream Media

Jackson

5 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I may be proven wrong, but I believe James O'Keefe IS PV, and this will hurt PV more than it will it's founder.

Oh yeah, but the money guys got orders and/or paid from somewhere else. The whispers are Pfizer because it is just too coincidental, but who knows? 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Ann said:

This seems odd. How do you get the papers in time for delivery when there is a snow storm in the southern tier?

The main reason print media is falling by the wayside is that it is yesterday's news to begin with. The more people use the internet the less print media there is going to be. Another mistake they make is they think people will be willing to pay a subscription to read online but the more blogs become popular the more their business model become obsolete. 

8 minutes ago, Cinga said:

The main reason print media is falling by the wayside is that it is yesterday's news to begin with. The more people use the internet the less print media there is going to be. Another mistake they make is they think people will be willing to pay a subscription to read online but the more blogs become popular the more their business model become obsolete. 

I saw a tweet that Rochester's paper is now going to be printed in New Jersey. The tweet must have come from a sports guy as he said that their deadline is 3pm, so when there is a Bills game, it will not make the paper the next day!

• O Rly 1
  • Wow 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
19 hours ago, Ann said:

This seems odd. How do you get the papers in time for delivery when there is a snow storm in the southern tier?

Why are they moving it to Cleveland?  I mean...what's the economic motive of printing in Cleveland and shipping to Buffalo?  

(Rhetorical question.  It's probably taxes.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Why are they moving it to Cleveland?  I mean...what's the economic motive of printing in Cleveland and shipping to Buffalo?  

Taxes or union wages (or both).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

24 minutes ago, Koko said:

Taxes or union wages (or both).

Upkeep on the equipment.   Probably cheaper to truck them in from Cleveland than to purchase/maintain mechanical printing presses from last century.

I don't read the NYT, but I guess other people do.  And apparently the NYT is trans-phobic and it comes across in their reporting and editorial style.  They received an open letter from 1,000 current and former employees and contributors condemning them for their bias.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/feb/17/new-york-times-contributors-open-letter-protest-anti-trans-coverage

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, snafu said:

I don't read the NYT, but I guess other people do.  And apparently the NYT is trans-phobic and it comes across in their reporting and editorial style.  They received an open letter from 1,000 current and former employees and contributors condemning them for their bias.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/feb/17/new-york-times-contributors-open-letter-protest-anti-trans-coverage

They're literally bitching that the Times is reporting news, and not advocating.  As the Times succinctly points out:

“Glaad’s advocacy mission and the Times’s journalistic mission are different.”

I'd congratulate the Times for taking this stand for journalistic integrity, if it wasn't a complete aberration from how they've acted the past 15 years.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2