Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

The Main Stream Media

Jackson

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Foxx said:

The Machine's latest narrative. Recognize your local anchor in here? I see a Buffalo and Rochester channel being represented.

Yeah...they're all Sinclair Broadcasting Group stations.  Sinclair is renown for requiring affiliate news anchors to read prepared scripts like this that they provide.  The only machine at work here is Sinclair (who, btw, is conservative leaning).  It's not even some sort of conspiracy; it's an overt, admitted marketing practice.  

They're also renown for gutting the "local" from "local news".  They basically treat the stations they own as a pipeline for their message.

Billsandhorns
4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Yeah...they're all Sinclair Broadcasting Group stations.  Sinclair is renown for requiring affiliate news anchors to read prepared scripts like this that they provide.  The only machine at work here is Sinclair (who, btw, is conservative leaning).  It's not even some sort of conspiracy; it's an overt, admitted marketing practice.  

They're also renown for gutting the "local" from "local news".  They basically treat the stations they own as a pipeline for their message.

The Sinclair stations in my area are not really conservative leaning. I basically only watch them for the traffic and weather.

Crap Throwing Clavin
42 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

The Sinclair stations in my area are not really conservative leaning. I basically only watch them for the traffic and weather.

Neither is the DC station (ABC 7, I think).  But that doesn't negate Slnclair's conservative leanings...and ABC 7 is mostly useless except for...traffic and weather.

The real negative impact of Sinclair is corporatizing local news, not inflicting conservative bias.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

The real negative impact of Sinclair is corporatizing local news, not inflicting conservative bias.  

And when he turned into a Minbari

56 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I spend a lot of my time fact-checking right here.  I do a decent job.  Better than most of these "fact checking" organizations, as I have no axe to grind.

Why the hell didn't I go pro and get my cut?

Let me know if you ever want to start that venture. We can call it, "You're an Idiot." :classic_laugh:

Nouseforaname
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I spend a lot of my time fact-checking right here.  I do a decent job.  Better than most of these "fact checking" organizations, as I have no axe to grind.

Why the hell didn't I go pro and get my cut?

They accidentally sent your cheque to some nut named dc tom.

Crap Throwing Clavin
12 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

They accidentally sent your cheque to some nut named dc tom.

They sent me a cheque?  That's the problem...who the hell pays any attention to "cheques?"

Edited by Crap Throwing Clavin
  • Haha 1

Nouseforaname
4 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

They sent me a cheque?  That's the problem...who the hell pays any attention to "cheques?"

Then it’s war. 

On 12/1/2022 at 9:03 AM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

French people! Jesh!