Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Official 'Other Wild-Card Games' Thread 

Foxx

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

I don't know how Pittsburgh won 5 games. 

How many people watching our game last night said the same thing about the Pats*?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

How many people watching our game last night said the same thing about the Pats*?

This is a good point.  Maybe very good teams make marginal playoff teams look bad.  I'll see Pats and Steelers and raise the Eagles.

• Like 2

I think whomever wins KC/Bills next week goes to the SB.

Obviously this is just speculation, but I think this year proved the bye week to be problematic for teams coming off an extra week of rest. I'm not sure Tennessee can keep up with Cincy after the bye. Even if King Henry comes back. 

But I don't think either of them would be favored against either KC or Buffalo.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Best thing I saw after that game was a guy who posted something like:

Mike McCarthy's horrible coaching > Jimmy G's habit of making huge mistakes in big moments.

Watching post-game stuff, I'm suddenly of the mind that I could wake up tomorrow to find out McCarthy was gone, and not be surprised.

I agree with what I'm hearing on NFL Network: the last play was run really, really poorly, but it never should have gotten to that point. The issue: lack of disciipline. Brutal loss. Cowboy fans are, understandably, furious.

On the other hand, the Bills don't have these issues, finally. So phuck em.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ann said:

6 of 23 attempts no more than 6 yards beyond the line of scrimmage?

Yeah, nice career Ben but it's time to hang up them cleats.

11 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I don't know how Pittsburgh won 5 games. 

Pittsburgh beat the Browns twice

Pittsburgh beat the Ravens twice

Thats four wins right there.

And for a fifth win, Pittsburgh beat the Bills

• Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

This is why I don't like this dude. Maybe it's my age, but laughing like this is stupid enough without taking the time to utter the laziest four words to ever create a sentence: I told you so.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

13 hours ago, Chandemonium said:

The top of the AFC is very good...the depth drops off rapidly after the Bengals (though the Ravens when healthy would have been a very tough out). 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Watching post-game stuff, I'm suddenly of the mind that I could wake up tomorrow to find out McCarthy was gone, and not be surprised.

I agree with what I'm hearing on NFL Network: the last play was run really, really poorly, but it never should have gotten to that point. The issue: lack of disciipline. Brutal loss. Cowboy fans are, understandably, furious.

On the other hand, the Bills don't have these issues, finally. So phuck em.

There's a reason McCarthy got fired from Green Bay despite having arguably the best QB of his era.  It's been on display all season.

Jerruh just can't stop collecting prima donnas who under perform when the lights are brightest.  Playoff football is about character and guts, not dancing and nonsense.

• Like 5
  • Wow 1

I like Orlovsky and he does a nice job breaking down what happened on the last Dallas drive. He says something I heard repeatedly last night from people like Jeff Saturday, etc. Find the ref and hand them the ball. Don't toss it to them because "they're 60 years old." Hand it to them.

He calls it the "Larry Fitzgerald play," which I find interesting. In other words, Fitz always made sure to get the ball and hand it to the ref if he's in the area of the ball.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2