Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Russia Russia Russia

RkFast

Deranged Rhino

Mike's using confirmed numbers, and comparing them to estimated numbers, so it's not exactly apples to apples. Still, if the numbers are that low, then this new front of the our endless war policy is going according to plan. They want to inflame the conflict as a "world threatening crisis" in the eyes of the media and public so they can funnel endless money and material into the conflict zone, which are then picked over by vultures before ever reaching their "intended" beneficiaries - all the while keeping the war confined as possible so that no one can really get their knickers in a twist but for the people dying, and their voices don't matter (to the war machine) anyway. 

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. 

• Like 2

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deranged Rhino

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Nouseforaname

• Foxx

20 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You know what I find kinda/sorta funny?

At the onset of the war, Zelensky said he was staying and fighting, and the global reporting all but indicated that this was his death sentence. There was no way he would survive, and he would be a martyr for all of Ukraine.

Meanwhile, the war continues, the money keeps getting pumped in, and he's probably a few weeks away from producing his own Netflix documentary, for which he will write the script and provide the voiceover, along with a much-anticipated Stan Lee-like cameo.

We are watching one hell of a con.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 3
  • FANtastic 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I saw a news report yesterday where they rescued a kitten from the building rubble in Kyiv.

That alone should be worth another billion.  💰

• Like 2

Quoting you from the Breakdowns/Shortages thread.

43 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Which might explain why Boris and company were so hellbent on scuttling any peace deals. 

I don't recall if this had been posted upthread or not, but thread:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Deranged Rhino

"fight Russia here" - literally using the same words and marketing gimmicks they used to sell the war on terror. 

Russia isn't fighting here. They're not a global threat (other than their nukes). And anyone who thinks they are has NO business being on the intel committee, let alone in power. 

• Like 1

On 9/6/2022 at 1:16 PM, IDBillzFan said:

You know what I find kinda/sorta funny?

At the onset of the war, Zelensky said he was staying and fighting, and the global reporting all but indicated that this was his death sentence. There was no way he would survive, and he would be a martyr for all of Ukraine.

Meanwhile, the war continues, the money keeps getting pumped in, and he's probably a few weeks away from producing his own Netflix documentary, for which he will write the script and provide the voiceover, along with a much-anticipated Stan Lee-like cameo.

We are watching one hell of a con.

The "reporting" here among his biggest critics was that Zelensky needs to leave the country and Ukraine should take any peace offer Russia is gracious enough to offer or be destroyed.  Whats the con?

• Like 1

On 8/26/2022 at 7:49 AM, SackMan518 said:

The Ukraine couldn't be any dumber at this point.

I need to brief you in on the Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Plant situation, because it’s big and murky and mostly embargoed. I’ll start with a Hill article yesterday headlined, “Biden, Zelensky Discuss Concerns Over Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Plant.”

Haha, Israel, vacationing Biden doesn’t have time to talk about YOUR nuclear problems with Iran, but he does have all the time in the world to chat with the dancing comedian about HIS little nuclear power plant issue.

A White House call summary explained, “The two leaders also called for Russia to return full control of the Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Power Plant to Ukraine and for International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) access to the plant.”

Like THAT is going to happen.

So what is it? Zaporizhzhya is the largest nuclear power plant in Europe. Russia has safely and quietly controlled the plant since early in the war. But lately the Ukrainians have been lobbing mortars at the plant, for weeks now, which is making a lot of people very nervous about a potential ‘accident’ that could be literally one million times worse than Three Mile Island multiplied by Chernobyl.

Currently, Ukraine enjoys the protection of a fully-powered-up criticism shield, which destroys all Western media that touches it. So, OF COURSE the Zaporizhzhya threat is ALL Russia’s fault — not the bat-guano insane Ukrainians firing explosive rounds at a NUCLEAR POWER PLANT. Are you confused? It’s Russia’s fault because Putin started the war in the first place. See how easy that was?

Ironically, the Ukrainians have justified the shelling by accusing the Russians of storing ammunition and military supplies inside the reactor grounds. I say ‘ironically’ because Ukraine has itself been credibly accused of placing ammo and supplies in civilian locations like schools, shopping malls, apartment buildings, and churches.

But I don’t know if they’re truly comparable. It seems like a nuclear reactor is a strategic, non-civilian site, and if you captured it, you’d probably want some military hardware there, because capturing a target is only half the equation. You also have to KEEP the target. You don’t want nuclear power plants falling into the wrong hands.

But I’m just a lawyer, not a woke, unattractive cross-dressing general. So what do I know about military strategy?

Yesterday, citing obvious safety concerns, the Russians disconnected the Zaporizhzhya plant from the European power grid for the first time in history. Since it is almost impossible to find any credible reporting about the situation in Western corporate media, I am forced to rely on local independent reports on Twitter, which suggest the power outage continues this morning:

The ability to turn the power on and off is an ace card for the Russians. From the beginning of the war, I wondered about why the Russians were not taking out all Ukraine’s power. It would be child’s play. But it has become clear over time that the Russians are being extremely careful to avoid damaging civilians and civilian infrastructure as much as possible.

Leaving the power off for too long will create a humanitarian disaster, which the Russians seem to be trying to avoid. But strategically turning it on and off at critical moments, like maybe whenever U.S. congresspeople come for photo ops and to deliver or pick stuff up, could be a very useful weapon in the overall war effort.

This may just be another one of those myriad of stories that mysteriously fades away again after the outrage machine billows smoke and pivots loudly toward a different target. But I thought you should hear about it.

I wonder what Mariupol would look like today if the Russians were anything less than "extremely careful".

Deranged Rhino
6 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

The "reporting" here among his biggest critics was that Zelensky needs to leave the country and Ukraine should take any peace offer Russia is gracious enough to offer or be destroyed.  Whats the con?

$150b+ and counting of our money going out the door with little to no oversight in the name of bleeding Putin at the expense of Ukrainians - all while the global economy melts down, division increases, and tensions rise. 

It's a noble cause being waged by men and women with only the highest of morals and the track record to back it up...

John Band. on Twitter: "@ZubyMusic Dude, this ain't funny no more.. these  people get a new chip. https://t.co/2htPsIUd22" / Twitter

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

$150b+ and counting of our money going out the door with little to no oversight in the name of bleeding Putin at the expense of Ukrainians - all while the global economy melts down, division increases, and tensions rise. 

It's a noble cause being waged by men and women with only the highest of morals and the track record to back it up...

John Band. on Twitter: "@ZubyMusic Dude, this ain't funny no more.. these  people get a new chip. https://t.co/2htPsIUd22" / Twitter

It's only about $30B that's gone out the door.

The rest, in one form or another, has stayed right here.

• Cheers 2

Deranged Rhino
5 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

It's only about $30B that's gone out the door.

The rest, in one form or another, has stayed right here.

3b per month - for the next 5-10 years, plus who-knows-how-many-billions in reconstruction once it's settled. 

Not a bad racket. 

And all it costs us is the stain on our souls of a few hundred thousand dead civilians and the possibility of a nuclear catastrophe between the world's two largest nuclear powers.

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like 1