Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Official 'Other Divisional Round Games' Thread 

Foxx

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

If it costs them the game, it will be looked upon as a mistake.  With a chance to take the lead, I'm not sure you do it.

There was 50+ minutes of football to play.  It can't cost them the game.   The game would play out differently because decisions would be made based on different data points. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

They are so afraid to be wrong.

Which makes them be more wrong, more often.  

At least the officials don't base their calls on "woke" considerations.  But give them time.  We'll see "Critical Football Officiating Theory" before the decade's out, no doubt.

• Like 1

Just now, Alaska Darin said:

There was 50+ minutes of football to play.  It can't cost them the game.   The game would play out differently because decisions world be made based on different data points. 

I guess I just don't agree with the move there. You have a chance to take the lead, you don't pass that up. Too early to go against conventional wisdom.

Just now, Nanker said:

Man did the Bungles get jobbed on that call. HTF was that an interception?

Frankly I'm glad the officials called it a turnover and let it be automatically reviewed. 

I'm tired of it being called the other way and the booth pussying out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

I guess I just don't agree with the move there. You have a chance to take the lead, you don't pass that up. Too early to go against conventional wisdom.

The analytics are in Vrabel's favor, based on the last stuff I read about it. 

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Nanker said:

Man did the Bungles get jobbed on that call. HTF was that an interception?

I want to start a conspiracy theory that the review process includes an private app on the dark web that allows owners and GMs to place bids for the calls they want.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 1

Just now, Alaska Darin said:

I prefer the old rule, personally.

Yes. The old rule is more clear. They’re trying to make a “perfect” rule, but that makes more grey than black or white. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'd prefer any rule.  I'd prefer having a panel of 5-year olds review all catches, because kindergartners instinctively understand what is and isn't a catch better than the NFL does.  :wallbash:

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I'd prefer any rule.  I'd prefer having a panel of 5-year olds review all catches, because kindergartners instinctively understand what is and isn't a catch better than the NFL does.  :wallbash:

This is funny because it's true.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

To my perspective, if the ball is under control before it hits the ground, the fact that it hits the ground is incedential.