Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2022 Bills offseason

4merper4mer

10 hours ago, Core Four said:

It's not so much adding Saffold as it is extending Morse out to 2024.  There is a chance that Beane isn't sold on Linderbaum, and there's not much else other than him...seems to be a bad year for C in the draft.  I believe Bates is a restricted FA, where Beane has the opportunity to match any offer that Bates may get from another team.  Hard to say if Beane is or is not sold on Bates, we'll see.

I would be absolutely for Beane getting a LT and moving Dawkins to G.  Dawkins has done fine at LT, but his mediocre footwork and athleticism indicates he would be better at G, which is where he played at Temple.  When Dawkins was drafted, Juan Castillo was the oline coach and Rick Dennison was the OC; I think they converted Dawkins to LT.  Kromer may have other ideas, he probably had a say in letting Feliciano and Daryl Williams walk...two of the worst rated olinemen as far as athleticism goes.

are you going to tell Dawkins to pay back his LT money contract when you switch him to G?

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ann

• Core Four

• Foxx

• IDBillzFan

26 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

are you going to tell Dawkins to pay back his LT money contract when you switch him to G?

Yep.  A re-structure or trade him.

Edited by Core Four

Beer__League__Hockey
15 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

It's going to be hard to eat Star's contract this year.
Beane needs to do some wizardry.

Butler is gone, but the way I understand it is Star would have to retire and they’d have to work out a settlement to get any cap relief.  If the dude is still interested in football, he’ll have a roster spot. If he is ready to retire, then they’d have to bicker about how much he’d give back.  Cutting him is not an option, waaaaaay too much guaranteed dead money.

Basically the first bad contract Beane handed out, and in the big scheme nowhere near the Marcell Darius mistake. 

• Like 2

Beer__League__Hockey
17 hours ago, Ann said:

….

What the heck is going on there? Did they play RG & RT in the pro bowl?(they’re pass blocking the opposite way)

• Like 1

Arm of Harm
11 hours ago, Core Four said:

It's not so much adding Saffold as it is extending Morse out to 2024.  There is a chance that Beane isn't sold on Linderbaum, and there's not much else other than him...seems to be a bad year for C in the draft.  I believe Bates is a restricted FA, where Beane has the opportunity to match any offer that Bates may get from another team.  Hard to say if Beane is or is not sold on Bates, we'll see.

I would be absolutely for Beane getting a LT and moving Dawkins to G.  Dawkins has done fine at LT, but his mediocre footwork and athleticism indicates he would be better at G, which is where he played at Temple.  When Dawkins was drafted, Juan Castillo was the oline coach and Rick Dennison was the OC; I think they converted Dawkins to LT.  Kromer may have other ideas, he probably had a say in letting Feliciano and Daryl Williams walk...two of the worst rated olinemen as far as athleticism goes.

There are two separate questions about Linderbaum: does Beane like him at center, and does Beane like him at OG? If the answers to both questions are yes, then the Morse extension doesn’t necessarily preclude the Bills from drafting him. If however they like him at center but not at OG, then they probably won’t take him due to Morse. 

I certainly wouldn’t mind drafting a LT and moving Dawkins to OG. A sound idea in fact.

More generally, I like having multiple good options open for draft picks. If a LT is the best player available, you think of ways to make good use out of that LT. If Linderbaum is the best player available, you maybe plug him in at OG for a few years. If a DE is the best player available, the defense can always use another good pass rusher. If a CB is best player available, you trade down. No sense letting Frazier waste another talented player in soft zone. 

• FANtastic 1

4 hours ago, Foxx said:

As much as Ford has stunk, there might be something to this.  Maybe they'll hang on to Ford through camp and see if there are schemes/situations that might play better to his strengths.  Ford is probably better at blocking in space rather than in zone, which Daboll and Johnson forced to sub-par results.  If Kromer can't get anything out of Ford, then cut him before the regular season starts.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

15 minutes ago, Beer__League__Hockey said:

Basically the first bad contract Beane handed out,

The Covid opt out really made that contract worse.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

There are two separate questions about Linderbaum: does Beane like him at center, and does Beane like him at OG? If the answers to both questions are yes, then the Morse extension doesn’t necessarily preclude the Bills from drafting him. If however they like him at center but not at OG, then they probably won’t take him due to Morse. 

I certainly wouldn’t mind drafting a LT and moving Dawkins to OG. A sound idea in fact.

More generally, I like having multiple good options open for draft picks. If a LT is the best player available, you think of ways to make good use out of that LT. If Linderbaum is the best player available, you maybe plug him in at OG for a few years. If a DE is the best player available, the defense can always use another good pass rusher. If a CB is best player available, you trade down. No sense letting Frazier waste another talented player in soft zone. 

There probably are multiple scenarios Beane/McD/Kromer/Dorsey have in mind regarding the oline.  If I had to bet, Dawkins gets moved on from LT.  Kromer looks to value athleticism (note, this doesn't mean lack of size and physicality) and Dawkins footwork and athleticism appears to be below the 'elite' category; he's more of a guard. They just got rid of Feliciano and Williams, who were not good, Williams flashed in 2020, but seems that was an anomaly.  I hope a LT is on their radar as an early round pick.

Totally agree that taking a CB with the first pick wouldn't be the best use of draft resources, especially with the way Frazier uses them.  Plus the draft is deep in CBs.  To no surprise, I'd like to see a MLB taken early.  I have to believe McD/Beane want to see Edmunds make more splash/game changing plays than he has; he's in a position to do so, but always comes up short.

• Like 1

Washington RB J.D. McKissic is expected to sign a 2-year, $7 million contract with the Bills, source confirms. (

McKissic, McKittrick, it's going to be hard to keep up.
Replacing the Williams with the McKs.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Love 1

Deranged Rhino
Just now, Uncle Joe said:

Washington RB J.D. McKissic is expected to sign a 2-year, $7 million contract with the Bills, source confirms. (

McKissic, McKittrick, it's going to be hard to keep up.
Replacing the Williams with the McKs.

He's perfect for what (in my mind) the Bills want to do with that position. Good burst, great hands, isn't a power guy but can lay the wood if needed. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

It's possible.  Just depends if Hunter will come at a 'bargain.'  Hunter's cap hit was $13M this past season, and $26M scheduled for 2022, so the Vikings will definitely want to re-structure or trade him.  If Beane can get him for around $10M AAV, then yeah, he could be a Buffalo Bill this year.  Much above $10M, no.

55 minutes ago, Core Four said:

Yep.  A re-structure or trade him.

so you trade him

create a huge hole at LT

create problems in the locker room by back-stabbing a key component of your OL

and you want to rely on some low 1st round rookie to protect Josh's blind side 

sounds like a plan!

probably should lay off Madden for a while

• Wow 1

43 minutes ago, Beer__League__Hockey said:

Butler is gone, but the way I understand it is Star would have to retire and they’d have to work out a settlement to get any cap relief.  If the dude is still interested in football, he’ll have a roster spot. If he is ready to retire, then they’d have to bicker about how much he’d give back.  Cutting him is not an option, waaaaaay too much guaranteed dead money.

Basically the first bad contract Beane handed out, and in the big scheme nowhere near the Marcell Darius mistake. 

to be fair to Beane-

Starr was to be gone after last year

Covid killed his plan with the opt out 

• Like 4