• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ann

• Core Four

• Foxx

• IDBillzFan

44 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Not necessarily surprised that Morse was extended, but so soon.  I figured that Beane would at least wait until after the draft, though it could also mean that there is no one worth selecting in the draft at the C position.  Not sure I'm a fan of keeping Morse through 2024, which is what this sounds like.

• Like 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
1 hour ago, Foxx said:

I am stunned that he signed for that cheap.

I would have placed his open market value much higher, maybe into the $5m-$7m range.

Shows what I know.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I am stunned that he signed for that cheap.

I would have placed his open market value much higher, maybe into the $5m-$7m range.

Shows what I know.

IIRC, Spotrac had his value in the $2.5M - $3.5M range a few weeks ago.  McKenzie actually got a bit of a premium.

• Like 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
3 minutes ago, Ann said:

Beane could just transition and get it done right now if he really means it.

6 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Beane could just transition and get it done right now if he really means it.

the USFL would be a likely spot to start

57 minutes ago, Core Four said:

Not necessarily surprised that Morse was extended, but so soon.  I figured that Beane would at least wait until after the draft, though it could also mean that there is no one worth selecting in the draft at the C position.  Not sure I'm a fan of keeping Morse through 2024, which is what this sounds like.

Getting deals done before the draft benefits Beane in that he doesn't have to draft for need.
He may still take a center in the draft if it works for him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Whatnot78 said:
Powered by Rotoworld
  • NFL%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png
    DARYL WILLIAMST, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
    daryl williams

Bills released OT Daryl Williams. 

The move saves Buffalo $6.3 million against the cap. NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports it is possible the Bills and Williams reunite down the road, but Williams clearly thinks he can do better than whatever pay cut or restructure the Bills offered him before this move. Williams started 17 games for Buffalo last season, splitting his time between right tackle and right guard. 

RELATED: 
    Mar 14, 2022, 9:34 AM ET

probably means Bates will be signed shortly  

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Getting deals done before the draft benefits Beane in that he doesn't have to draft for need.
He may still take a center in the draft if it works for him.

Yeah, this makes sense, though I doubt he would draft a C before the 3rd round in this case.  A first or second round selection is a guy who you would start at week 1.  It's possible that he drafts a raw center/project this year, though I'd lean toward him waiting for another year (probably two) given Morse's new dead cap numbers.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Core Four said:

Yeah, this makes sense, though I doubt he would draft a C before the 3rd round in this case.  A first or second round selection is a guy who you would start at week 1.  It's possible that he drafts a raw center/project this year, though I'd lean toward him waiting for another year (probably two) given Morse's new dead cap numbers.

top flight C could start at RG for a year

3 hours ago, Whatnot78 said: