Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2022 Bills offseason

4merper4mer

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He wasn't lying when he said he'd play for candy in Buffalo. :beer: 

It's good to have that kind of team now where guys are taking pay cuts to be on the squad.

McKenzie didn't take a pay cut.  He actually got around a $1M premium.  His value was in the neighborhood of $3M AAV.

• Like 1

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ann

• Core Four

• Foxx

• IDBillzFan

Deranged Rhino
Just now, Core Four said:

McKenzie didn't take a pay cut.  He actually got around a $1M premium.  His value was in the neighborhood of $3M AAV.

Maybe, but in years past, McKenzie's the exact type of player who would have left and signed an overvalued deal elsewhere just to get out of Buffalo. I'm sure there was a team out there who would have paid more for Dirty, maybe not though. :beer: 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Core Four said:

Who has ever done this, and how often has it occurred?  This is another bad idea.

the question should be what quality C hasn't played multiple OL positions.

if he's not good enough to play G

he sure isn't going to add more muscle at C to make him a worthy replacement for Mitch.  

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Maybe, but in years past, McKenzie's the exact type of player who would have left and signed an overvalued deal elsewhere just to get out of Buffalo. I'm sure there was a team out there who would have paid more for Dirty, maybe not though. :beer: 

I'd bet any amount of money that McKenzie's agent did his due diligence on market value.  Maybe he would have got slightly more from an undesirable team, but $4M is pretty good and he will most likely have a bigger role in the offense this season.

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I will go on the record with all the Landry smoke and say, even though he's a good fit scheme wise and would benefit Allen, I loathe the dude and hope he stays far away from Orchard Park.

I was thinking about Landry in Buffalo, but dismissed the idea.  Jarvis would be a WR2 and would want in the ballpark of $12M-$15M/year.  No thanks, I'd rather commit to Gabe Davis.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

the question should be what quality C hasn't played multiple OL positions.

if he's not good enough to play G

he sure isn't going to add more muscle at C to make him a worthy replacement for Mitch.  

A true starting C will not play G.  You usually draft a C to play C, and a G to play G.  Plug and play over multiple positions on the line isn't an optimal use of the player's talents and strengths.  A guard can be a backup C, but this is typically for emergency purposes.

Alaska Darin
41 minutes ago, Core Four said:

Who has ever done this, and how often has it occurred?  This is another bad idea.

Eric Wood played his first 2 seasons at RG.  Very few NFL teams want a rookie making line calls their first season.

40 minutes ago, Core Four said:

I'd bet any amount of money that McKenzie's agent did his due diligence on market value.  Maybe he would have got slightly more from an undesirable team, but $4M is pretty good and he will most likely have a bigger role in the offense this season.

I was thinking about Landry in Buffalo, but dismissed the idea.  Jarvis would be a WR2 and would want in the ballpark of $12M-$15M/year.  No thanks, I'd rather commit to Gabe Davis.

Mckenzie has made a believer out of me. More importantly, Josh Allen.

I say pay the man Four Core and 17 ; ) 

Edited by Figster

Deranged Rhino
4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Nice! His best years were with Kromer, big upgrade. I like it.

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Arm of Harm
1 hour ago, Core Four said:

Suppose that when the Bills’ pick comes up the best player on their board is Linderbaum. They draft him and plug him in as the starter at one OG spot, while using Bates as the starter for the other. Linderbaum might get off to a bit of a rough start, much like Spencer Brown. But later in the season he’d be giving you hopefully a significant upgrade over Williams, while also being much cheaper. 

Should Mitch Morse falter then after the season you move Linderbaum to center and add another guard. If Morse plays well you leave Linderbaum at guard for another year. I’m not saying that the Bills will actually act as described, just that this exists as a viable option. 

• Wow 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
3 hours ago, Core Four said:

IIRC, Spotrac had his value in the $2.5M - $3.5M range a few weeks ago.  McKenzie actually got a bit of a premium.

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He wasn't lying when he said he'd play for candy in Buffalo. :beer: 

It's good to have that kind of team now where guys are taking pay cuts to be on the squad.

I had him pegged as having a value similar to Braxton Berrios, who just inked a 2/$12m deal with the Jets.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Nice! His best years were with Kromer, big upgrade. I like it.

I'm assuming Bove meant Kromer.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hedge said:

I'm assuming Bove meant Kromer.

Yeah these tweeters can be all over the place rushing to be first in.
Rick Bates?

rick bates.PNG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I will go on the record with all the Landry smoke and say, even though he's a good fit scheme wise and would benefit Allen, I loathe the dude and hope he stays far away from Orchard Park.

I will never forget the cheap shot on A-aron Williams. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Core Four said:

Not necessarily surprised that Morse was extended, but so soon.  I figured that Beane would at least wait until after the draft, though it could also mean that there is no one worth selecting in the draft at the C position.  Not sure I'm a fan of keeping Morse through 2024, which is what this sounds like.

Agreed.

Morse through 2024 in exchange for $2.25 million in cap savings this year doesn't seem to be a good tradeoff.