• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ann

• Core Four

• Foxx

• IDBillzFan

Deranged Rhino

I like Engram... but I don't know if this makes the offense that much better, even when paired with a 1st or 2nd round WR in this draft. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I like Engram... but I don't know if this makes the offense that much better, even when paired with a 1st or 2nd round WR in this draft. 

availability is the biggest concern

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

key is that his contract will expire next year, if he lasts that long

adding a +1 to the comp pick formula

going forward, this will be an important component of adding cheap players to the pipeline

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

We're not going to punt much...so...

And Bass needs a good holder, which Haack has show to be.

He's really less of a "punter" than a "holder who punts."

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I wouldn't be surprised if someone else is brought in and we see a "holder competition" in camp. 

38 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if someone else is brought in and we see a "holder competition" in camp. 

Haack basically took a paycut and agreed to uncertain job security.  I would guess they bring in another punter either by draft of FA to compete with Haack.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Someone please explain to me again why we specifically need the Punter to hold for kicks?

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Someone please explain to me again why we specifically need the Punter to hold for kicks?

should have Josh do it

they need to spread that huge salary over as many plays as possible

Alaska Darin
23 minutes ago, Foxx said:

It's a pet peeve of mine and has been since it became a more regular thing.  Backup QBs give you at least the opportunity to fake or do something positive in the event of a bad snap, though needing 15 yards to score makes using the punter "not quite as big a deal".

• Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Part of the rationale is that the special teams guys work together in their own group,

so they don't need to drag a backup Qb or some-such away from their time with the offense 

Alaska Darin
1 minute ago, Spartacus said:

Part of the rationale is that the special teams guys work together in their own group,

so they don't need to drag a backup Qb or some-such away from their time with the offense 

Yeah.  I'm not sure how much that really makes sense given backup QBs take about zero reps in any given week during the season but it's football and coaches tend to just stick with something because "it isn't broken."

I was listing to Ron Rivera talk about where "Riverboat Ron" came from.  John Madden basically told him to stop being so conservative...it wasn't an original thought, it took a HOF coach to tell him to stop "coaching by the book."

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

It's a pet peeve of mine and has been since it became a more regular thing.  Backup QBs give you at least the opportunity to fake or do something positive in the event of a bad snap, though needing 15 yards to score makes using the punter "not quite as big a deal".

100%