Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2022 Bills offseason

4merper4mer

44 minutes ago, Ann said:

I don't want Beasley to go. The upgrade would have to be substantial to cut/trade him. He's still very valuable to this team.  

He's been great, for sure.  Beasley is also 32 years old, so he's getting near hitting a wall.  Certainly in the twilight of his career.

• Like 1

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ann

• Core Four

• Foxx

• IDBillzFan

3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Yep. Looks like he knew he might be a casualty, and asked for a trade.

I don't think the Bills planned on cutting him now.

he may become a cap casualty later, when money is dried up

Beasley wants to test the market when everyone has pockets full of cash  

• Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 1:36 AM, Arm of Harm said:

I have no idea why this is even being considered. On the one hand, there’s Core Four’s point (100% valid). On the other hand, letting Hughes and Addison go is a glaringly obvious way of freeing up much-needed cap space. 

Its gotta be a fit is GM talk for Its gotta be cheap because I believe we could upgrade with lower cost from younger players

7 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I hate this. Beasley has been absolutely essential to everything Josh as accomplished these last two seasons.

What % of his catches are have been for 1st downs? What % have been 3rd down conversions?

I think we’re going to regret this.

Agreed. That said, I dont blame him. The boo's had to be tough to take by a player balling out. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Spartacus said:

I don't think the Bills planned on cutting him now.

he may become a cap casualty later, when money is dried up

Beasley wants to test the market when everyone has pockets full of cash  

Agree, I wonder i he was questioned about restructuring and that made him decide to make changes.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/08/bills-will-pick-up-ed-olivers-fifth-year-option/

Via Alaina Getzenberg of ESPN, Bills General Manager Brandon Beane said during an interview on WGR 550 that the team will exercise Oliver’s fifth-year option before May 2 deadline.

Oliver, the No. 9 overall pick of the 2019 draft, will earn $10.735 million guaranteed in 2023.

On 3/4/2022 at 11:18 AM, Alaska Darin said:

I am curious about how much the way he was treated by the "Covid mafia" had on his decision.

Especially now that the "Winter of Death" has been traded to Ukraine for some corruption to be named later.

Completely agree. The Branch Covidians beat the shit out of him on social media because he refused to comply, and it was a low point for me where Bills fans are concerned. Perhaps if he stays with the team he can redeem himself with all the woke Bills fans by wearing a Ukrainian flag pin on his lapel.

• Wow 1

Alaska Darin

I just someplace on Twitter that at least one high profile FA has contacted the BILLS because he's interested in playing in WNY.  The world is changing, people because that RARELY happens.

Chandler Jones, come on down.

• Like 1

Deranged Rhino
7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Hmm... 

I don't know if that's realistic, Mike. But I like the thinking. 

Deranged Rhino
3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I just someplace on Twitter that at least one high profile FA has contacted the BILLS because he's interested in playing in WNY.  The world is changing, people because that RARELY happens.

One of the NFL agency guys in LA I've come to know thinks it was Robinson asking... which would be dreamy.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm game. Hell, sign a couple. Lets go win a Super Bowl.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

4merper4mer
40 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

One of the NFL agency guys in LA I've come to know thinks it was Robinson asking... which would be dreamy.

image.gif.914d8e72f79b8e24d3d7570e66ea9541.gif

• Like 1

Arm of Harm
15 hours ago, Ann said:

From the WGR interview this morning:

11.jpg.9d09a6fbf4ba91fda8190271ddd3ac23.jpg

22.jpg.b35c36158a83e8b38ac0a481fb4de35e.jpg

33.jpg.9730f612801ac37b411123c4efa9ef8d.jpg

I like Brandon Beane and I think he’s done a rock solid job as GM. But this makes zero sense to me. None. The offensive line played like chopped liver most of the year. It was bad. Then they put Ryan Bates in, and it played well. It made a big step forward in run blocking and in pass protection. The insanely good offensive performance against the Patriots would not have been possible without good offensive line play. So now, Beane needs time to “think about” whether to offer RFA Bates the 2 point something million necessary to keep him? 

I don’t understand. What’s there to think about? What more information could Beane possibly need? Bates is more valuable to this team than a number of other players who make several times his salary. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Albert Breer's mailbag:

From John Green (@JGreen_PRsports): Was the big-name FA who approached the Bills on offense or defense?

John, I appreciate your asking the question—I do—and I hate to play this game, but I do know the name of the player and can’t share it. But trust me when I’m not exaggerating the “big name” part of it, nor do I think you can overplay the significance of the Bills being in the class of team that would receive such inquiries.

This is actually where New England used to be—and as we referenced in this week’s MAQB, the Patriots are slowly learning that veterans are no longer going to join them for short money, to gravy-train a ring or both. That Buffalo’s becoming that kind of team is a credit to the job Sean McDermott and Brandon Beane have done building the program there, first and foremost, and also, as I understand it, a reflection of the fact that guys want to play with Josh Allen (which … if you watched the AFC divisional playoffs, why wouldn’t you?).

It's a good time for the franchise.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

I like Brandon Beane and I think he’s done a rock solid job as GM. But this makes zero sense to me. None. The offensive line played like chopped liver most of the year. It was bad. Then they put Ryan Bates in, and it played well. It made a big step forward in run blocking and in pass protection. The insanely good offensive performance against the Patriots would not have been possible without good offensive line play. So now, Beane needs time to “think about” whether to offer RFA Bates the 2 point something million necessary to keep him? 

I don’t understand. What’s there to think about? What more information could Beane possibly need? Bates is more valuable to this team than a number of other players who make several times his salary. 

time to cut bait on Beane

he has failed to lay out his whole plan to this talking head 

and the armpit knows better- so time to go

maybe Beane is working on a long term contract for Bates?

maybe Beane is contemplating at what level to tender him at

maybe Beane has a stud replacement 

• Like 1