• Ann

• Core Four

• Foxx

• IDBillzFan

Deranged Rhino
On 1/24/2022 at 7:55 AM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Bills' free agents.

image.png.3b1a1777311b351adbab7cced0d26a82.png

Aside from McKenzie and Phillips, I wouldn't miss anyone else terribly.  Would be nice to keep Hughes and Boettger, but I feel as though they're luxuries at this point.  

For me: 

Love to resign:

* Phillips

* McKenzie

* Bates

These are cheap keepers for teams and depth that I want to see back:

* Jones

* Neal

Then, if there's a way to do it that doesn't prevent them from bringing in help at IOL/CB/Pass Rush:

* Hughes (on a team deal if he's willing)

Draft a CB, IOL, Pass Rush, WR depth (this said knowing NOTHING about the quality of this year's draft)

Find a FA playmaker (either WR or Pass Rush) who wants to chase a ring on a friendly deal. Robinson is at the top of my list, his catch radius with Josh would be unstoppable in the red zone - but I think he'll be too pricey. Someone like Godwin, coming off an injury but young enough for a prove it deal on a contender, would be a thrill in this offense.

Of course, I think decisions need to be made at coordinators first. We might need to retool the lines based on the new coach's preferred schemes. 

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 2

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

For me: 

Love to resign:

* Phillips

* McKenzie

* Bates

These are cheap keepers for teams and depth that I want to see back:

* Jones

* Neal

Then, if there's a way to do it that doesn't prevent them from bringing in help at IOL/CB/Pass Rush:

* Hughes (on a team deal if he's willing)

Draft a CB, IOL, Pass Rush, WR depth (this said knowing NOTHING about the quality of this year's draft)

Find a FA playmaker (either WR or Pass Rush) who wants to chase a ring on a friendly deal. Robinson is at the top of my list, his catch radius with Josh would be unstoppable in the red zone - but I think he'll be too pricey. Someone like Godwin, coming off an injury but young enough for a prove it deal on a contender, would be a thrill in this offense.

Of course, I think decisions need to be made at coordinators first. We might need to retool the lines based on the new coach's preferred schemes. 

Bills Players ,coaches, and fans alike, I'm sure would all hate to lose pain in the ass/ McKenzie, lol (become a huge fan)

I like how you think Rhino... 

Edited by Figster
  • Cheers 2

What to do about the interior of the Oline.  Morse and Williams are pretty expensive and this may be the time to waive them, despite their dead cap hit.  I think G and C are needs this offseason.  I've seen some posters expressing interest in keeping Boettger, which is fine for depth; he is not a starter.

I don't think Morse is worth $11.25M which makes his $3.75M dead cap palatable.  He's not the worst center, but they need someone who can push the DTs back better than Morse can; I think he gets over powered.  Cut him and draft a replacement.  In a pinch, I believe Bates can play center, in which case they would need to get another G.

Mitch Morse:

image.thumb.png.b981ee653b33c75aff80bef9814f6d99.png

Daryl Williams hasn't paned out like they hoped he would.  He was extended as a RT, which Spencer Brown supplanted him.  Paying Williams $9.9M to play RG is not worth it.  At this point, either get him to take a pay cut or cut him if he won't do that.  I'm not happy about the $3.6M dead cap hit ($7.35M between Morse and Williams combined) but again, he's not worth an almost $10M cap hit.  Williams gets beat on his assignments too often and gets over powered, as well.

Daryl Williams:

image.thumb.png.823024ac6f47c43403e8a4b3e4367a68.png

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 7:55 AM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Bills' free agents.

image.png.3b1a1777311b351adbab7cced0d26a82.png

Aside from McKenzie and Phillips, I wouldn't miss anyone else terribly.  Would be nice to keep Hughes and Boettger, but I feel as though they're luxuries at this point.  

Guys on that list I want to keep:

Bates

Phillips

McKenzie

Obada

Guys on that list I want to get rid of:

Hughes

Addison

Butler

Sanders

Crap Throwing Clavin
18 hours ago, Core Four said:

What to do about the interior of the Oline.  Morse and Williams are pretty expensive and this may be the time to waive them, despite their dead cap hit.  I think G and C are needs this offseason.  I've seen some posters expressing interest in keeping Boettger, which is fine for depth; he is not a starter.

I don't think Morse is worth $11.25M which makes his $3.75M dead cap palatable.  He's not the worst center, but they need someone who can push the DTs back better than Morse can; I think he gets over powered.  Cut him and draft a replacement.  In a pinch, I believe Bates can play center, in which case they would need to get another G.

Mitch Morse:

Daryl Williams hasn't paned out like they hoped he would.  He was extended as a RT, which Spencer Brown supplanted him.  Paying Williams $9.9M to play RG is not worth it.  At this point, either get him to take a pay cut or cut him if he won't do that.  I'm not happy about the $3.6M dead cap hit ($7.35M between Morse and Williams combined) but again, he's not worth an almost $10M cap hit.  Williams gets beat on his assignments too often and gets over powered, as well.

Daryl Williams:

As much as they shuffled the OL this season, it's not entirely surprising Williams didn't perform as hoped...and he played well over 85% of the snaps this season.  I'd say he had a decent season, all things considered.

Plus, he fills the much-needed Williams position on the roster.  24 years with a "Williams" on the roster.  You don't want to break that streak, do you?

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

As much as they shuffled the OL this season, it's not entirely surprising Williams didn't perform as hoped...and he played well over 85% of the snaps this season.  I'd say he had a decent season, all things considered.

Plus, he fills the much-needed Williams position on the roster.  24 years with a "Williams" on the roster.  You don't want to break that streak, do you?

Haha, funny point about the name Williams.  But yes, I would break that streak rather than pay Daryl Williams $9.9M to play RG.  I would argue that he is the weak link on the line, though a hell of a lot better than Ford, hence the 85% of snaps.  A turn style would be better than Ford.  

Crap Throwing Clavin
45 minutes ago, Core Four said:

Haha, funny point about the name Williams.  But yes, I would break that streak rather than pay Daryl Williams $9.9M to play RG.  I would argue that he is the weak link on the line, though a hell of a lot better than Ford, hence the 85% of snaps.  A turn style would be better than Ford.  

It's not a very productive streak, though.

Note that Daryl Williams is the fourth Williams in that streak to play OL (after Mike, Keith, and Chris).  And probably the best of the bunch.

1 hour ago, Core Four said:

I agree you don’t want to pay Williams 9.9 million to play RG. Need to keep the Williams streak alive, however. Solution: get rid of Daryl Williams, acquire a different player named Williams! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

I agree you don’t want to pay Williams 9.9 million to play RG. Need to keep the Williams streak alive, however. Solution: get rid of Daryl Williams, acquire a different player named Williams! 

Maybe it's time to break the streak.  What if having a Williams on the roster has prevented the Bills from getting to the SB?  That and a Frazier.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

20 hours ago, Core Four said:

Mitch Morse:

Daryl Williams:

before whacking out guys that made up a successful OL

who are their replacements and at what cost?

goota be some surefire homeruns to go for the scorch the earth plan

would be good plan if the OC was experienced to make the line calls

1 hour ago, Core Four said:

Maybe it's time to break the streak.  What if having a Williams on the roster has prevented the Bills from getting to the SB?  That and a Frazier.

The problem was Williams, such as Mike Williams and Gregg Williams. The solution is also Williams, such as Kyle Williams. Kyle Williams helped break the playoff drought, with the game-winning touchdown he scored! 

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

before whacking out guys that made up a successful OL

who are their replacements and at what cost?

goota be some surefire homeruns to go for the scorch the earth plan

would be good plan if the OC was experienced to make the line calls

It is a valid concern to not make unnecessary holes.  Yeah it is a balancing act, yet you just can't grossly overpay for guys who aren't worth that money, especially when you have others to pay as well as try to retain.  I wouldn't call the OL successful most of this season.  They downright sucked 2/3 - 3/4 of the season.

Hopefully Mitch Morse will restructure, $11.25M cap hit is significant.   Darryl Williams is set to account for $9.9M in cap space as a RG.  You do not pay a RG that kind of money, especially one who was extended as a RT and ended up moving to RG because he struggled in the RT position.  Cutting Williams may be necessary, even with a $3.6M dead cap hit.

As other posters have pointed out, it is easier to draft/acquire a G than it is a C.  I can see them keeping Morse if the numbers are agreeable, which prevents a need at C for another season or two.  Williams is easily replaceable in the draft or possibly through FA.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Core Four said:

It is a valid concern to not make unnecessary holes.  Yeah it is a balancing act, yet you just can't grossly overpay for guys who aren't worth that money, especially when you have others to pay as well as try to retain.  I wouldn't call the OL successful most of this season.  They downright sucked 2/3 - 3/4 of the season.

Hopefully Mitch Morse will restructure, $11.25M cap hit is significant.   Darryl Williams is set to account for $9.9M in cap space as a RG.  You do not pay a RG that kind of money, especially one who was extended as a RT and ended up moving to RG because he struggled in the RT position.  Cutting Williams may be necessary, even with a $3.6M dead cap hit.

As other posters have pointed out, it is easier to draft/acquire a G than it is a C.  I can see them keeping Morse if the numbers are agreeable, which prevents a need at C for another season or two.  Williams is easily replaceable in the draft or possibly through FA.

who?

and how much?

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

who?

and how much?

Impossible to answer those questions right now. We don’t yet know who will or won’t be a free agent. 

• Cheers 1

On 1/26/2022 at 1:19 PM, Ann said:

During the presser today, Beane said that while they will look, he doesn't expect the Bills to be big spenders this off season.

Oh boy

On 1/26/2022 at 1:19 PM, Ann said:

During the presser today, Beane said that while they will look, he doesn't expect the Bills to be big spenders this off season.

3 hours ago, Joe said:

Oh boy

Dont let that get you too excited. Magic is in the air!

23 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Dont let that get you too excited. Magic is in the air!

Just not sure how they intend to take the next step without key improvements

9 hours ago, Joe said:

Just not sure how they intend to take the next step without key improvements

gutting the OL to start, if you go with the experts