Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Freedom Convoy 2022

Foxx

18 minutes ago, Meazza said:

Do these truckers know that Elon Musk is trying to automate their jobs away?

Musk is just the face of it. Automation is coming and there is not a damn thing any of us are going to be able to do about it. There are really going to be very few jobs that will not be able to be done by a robot.

Ultimately, it is going to be a very good thing. It is going to free man to pursue other avenues that, in the long run, will greatly benefit mankind.

The problem is going to be getting from here to there.

Nouseforaname
5 hours ago, Foxx said:

Musk is just the face of it. Automation is coming and there is not a damn thing any of us are going to be able to do about it. There are really going to be very few jobs that will not be able to be done by a robot.

Ultimately, it is going to be a very good thing. It is going to free man to pursue other avenues that, in the long run, will greatly benefit mankind.

The problem is going to be getting from here to there.

As someone who works in a field that is supposed to replace people with automation, we’re not even close.

Nouseforaname
4 hours ago, Billsandhorns said:

While thy are trying to automate trucker's jobs. I am not sure that they can make it to 100%. 

All you need is a few bad accidents and they’ll legislate it in such a way that much of the progress will be lost.

13 hours ago, Meazza said:

As someone who works in a field that is supposed to replace people with automation, we’re not even close.

My son works in autonomous trucking.

He says they are closer to a reality than most people (including me) know.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Meazza said:

Interesting. I thought you worked finance.

Being that, 'we’re not even close', is a relative phrase, might you be able to better qualify it? And, again though relative, perhaps why you think we are 'not close'.

TYIA

The Rhino equivalent is gone.

Conservative caucus removes O'Toole as leader

OTTAWA -- The Conservative caucus has voted to remove Erin O’Toole as the party’s leader.

In a decisive revolt, the majority of caucus voted Wednesday to replace O’Toole as the leader of the party, in a secret ballot.

In total, 118 votes were cast at Wednesday morning’s virtual meeting, 73 MPs voted in favour of replacing O’Toole, while 45 MPs voted to endorse his leadership. Chair of the 119-member caucus, ...

Nouseforaname
4 hours ago, Foxx said:

Interesting. I thought you worked finance.

Being that, 'we’re not even close', is a relative phrase, might you be able to better qualify it? And, again though relative, perhaps why you think we are 'not close'.

TYIA

I work in finance and technology.  

From last night. Kenney walking back the narrative in several ways. Suggesting it is not as dangerous as the global narrative was portraying. 

It might just be a dangerous time to be one of the politic elite, people are not happy. And, if they are walking the narrative back, that is just going to enrage people even more.

One of the last nails in the crumbling Covid narrative coffin.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

An hour long video that doesn't start until 27:46 in. I believe I have it queued up at the right time.

Ottawa Police Chief Peter Sloly said on Friday that an additional 150 police officers will be deployed in the downtown area over the weekend for anticipated trucker protests against COVID-19 vaccine mandates.

The focus of these officers will be on acts of mischief, hate, harassment, intimidation and other threatening behaviours.

He added that based on intelligence gathered in the last 24 hours, police will be implementing a new “surge and contain” strategy to further isolate the protest in the red zone area in front of Parliament Hill.

They will use heavy barricades, concrete barriers, to create no-access roadways throughout the downtown core, and they are considering closing highway offramps and bridges.

He added that evidence gathering teams are collecting financial, digital, vehicle registration, driver identification, insurance status and other related evidence that will be used in prosecution and called on city residents to report any unlawful activities they witness or be victim of.

For more info, please go to https://globalnews.ca/news/8593700/freedom-convoy-truckers-financing-gofundme-risk/

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

An hour long video that doesn't start until 27:46 in. I believe I have it queued up at the right time.

Ottawa Police Chief Peter Sloly said on Friday that an additional 150 police officers will be deployed in the downtown area over the weekend for anticipated trucker protests against COVID-19 vaccine mandates.

The focus of these officers will be on acts of mischief, hate, harassment, intimidation and other threatening behaviours.

He added that based on intelligence gathered in the last 24 hours, police will be implementing a new “surge and contain” strategy to further isolate the protest in the red zone area in front of Parliament Hill.

They will use heavy barricades, concrete barriers, to create no-access roadways throughout the downtown core, and they are considering closing highway offramps and bridges.

He added that evidence gathering teams are collecting financial, digital, vehicle registration, driver identification, insurance status and other related evidence that will be used in prosecution and called on city residents to report any unlawful activities they witness or be victim of.

For more info, please go to https://globalnews.ca/news/8593700/freedom-convoy-truckers-financing-gofundme-risk/

"What Ottawa businesses have endured is unacceptable" He's right, just not in the way he thinks he's right.

Lol @ the the 'invited media' asking narrative enabling questions.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1