Round 2: #60 S - Cole Bishop, Utah
    Round 3: #95 DT - DeWayne Carter, Duke
    Round 4: #128 C/G - Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, Georgia
    Round 5: #144        
    Round 5: #160        
    Round 5: #163        
    Round 6: #204        
    Round 7: #221        

Josh Allen ..................The Book of Josh.

B-Man

Buffalo Bills Quarterback Josh Allen Buys California Beach House for $7.2 Million
The gated oceanfront community in Orange County is home to several other athletes

Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen has plunked down $7.2 million for a beach house in Dana Point, California, according to Sotheby’s International Realty.

Part of the gated, waterfront community near famed Monarch Beach—about 60 miles south of Los Angeles in Orange County—the residence is a “light and breezy single-level home … reminiscent of California’s mid-century architecture,” according to the listing with Phil Immel of Pacific Sotheby’’s International Realty. 

“Monarch Beach is known worldwide as the resort area of Dana Point and is renowned for its numerous amenities, including pristine beaches, fine dining, golf, tennis, hiking and the Dana Point Harbor,” the listing said. The community is called the Monarch Bay Private Beach Club.

</snip>

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Ann said:

Buffalo Bills Quarterback Josh Allen Buys California Beach House for $7.2 Million
The gated oceanfront community in Orange County is home to several other athletes

Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen has plunked down $7.2 million for a beach house in Dana Point, California, according to Sotheby’s International Realty.

Part of the gated, waterfront community near famed Monarch Beach—about 60 miles south of Los Angeles in Orange County—the residence is a “light and breezy single-level home … reminiscent of California’s mid-century architecture,” according to the listing with Phil Immel of Pacific Sotheby’’s International Realty. 

“Monarch Beach is known worldwide as the resort area of Dana Point and is renowned for its numerous amenities, including pristine beaches, fine dining, golf, tennis, hiking and the Dana Point Harbor,” the listing said. The community is called the Monarch Bay Private Beach Club.

</snip>

Great Diggs! Look what you did!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

"light and breezy" sounds like a women's summer dress description. 

Or underwear.

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 7/15/2023 at 6:56 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Bookmarking this for Monday...

On 7/15/2023 at 6:54 PM, Fansince88 said:

Nevermind that. How did 6yo me not realize Mickey was the penguin until you revealed it to 53yo me? Boy, do I feel like an IDIOT!

You're an idiot.  See you next week.

Execs, coaches, scouts rank NFL's top 10 quarterbacks for 2023

By way of refresher, here's how our process works: Voters give us their best 10 players at a position, then we compile the results and rank candidates based on number of top-10 votes, composite average, along with dozens of interviews, research and film-study help from ESPN NFL analyst Matt Bowen. In total, more than 80 voters submitted a ballot on at least one position, and in many cases all positions. We had several ties, so we broke them with the help of additional voting and follow-up calls with those surveyed.

1. Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs
2. Joe Burrow, Bengals

3. Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills
Highest ranking: 1 | Lowest ranking: 5

Allen has bolstered his case as a top-three quarterback but hasn't quite experienced the breakthrough that feels inevitable.

He's well ahead of the quarterbacks ranked Nos. 4-10 in the voting, but he was far behind Mahomes and Burrow.

The prolific scorer has 84 total touchdowns since 2021 (71 passing, 13 rushing). He's the only quarterback in NFL history to record three seasons with at least 35 passing touchdowns and five rushing touchdowns.

But his 29 interceptions during that span are the third worst in the league.

"His top 20 plays in a game are as good as Mahomes," a national NFL scout said. "But then Buffalo will go nearly a half and do next to nothing. That doesn't happen to Kansas City."

Allen was still dominant while under duress in 2022 with a 76.2 QBR when under pressure, nearly 23 points higher than the rest of the quarterback field. His 91.2 third-down QBR also led the league.

"If you're starting a team, I'd consider taking him first," an AFC exec said. "He can put a team on his back."

But the Bills ran out of gas in a 27-10 playoff loss to Cincinnati, the culmination of a year marred by injuries and Damar Hamlin's cardiac arrest. The offense also was transitioning to first-year coordinator Ken Dorsey.

"I think he got worn down mentally and physically at the end of last year," the scout said of Allen. "He had a lot on his plate. They didn't seem as creative without [Brian] Daboll. Some games it felt like they were throwing it 40 or so times, and he was running it another 10 times or more. He just needed help."

4. Aaron Rodgers, Jets
5. Justin Herbert, Chargers
6. Jalen Hurts, Eagles
7. Lamar Jackson, Ravens
8. Trevor Lawrence, Jaguars
9. Dak Prescott, Cowboys
10. Matthew Stafford, Rams

• Like 1

On 7/12/2023 at 5:20 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Only Penguin I ever liked.  

Danny DeVito really creeped me out.

On 7/15/2023 at 3:54 PM, Fansince88 said:

Nevermind that. How did 6yo me not realize Mickey was the penguin until you revealed it to 53yo me? Boy, do I feel like an IDIOT!

Quite the cast back then.

• Like 2

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

"His top 20 plays in a game are as good as Mahomes," a national NFL scout said. "But then Buffalo will go nearly a half and do next to nothing. That doesn't happen to Kansas City."

Bullshit.  Absolute, utter nonsense.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Apparently, even coaches and execs are not immune to twitter narratives. 

• Applause 3
  • Cheers 1

Jabba The Hutt
1 hour ago, Ann said:

By way of refresher, here's how our process works: Voters give us their best 10 players at a position, then we compile the results and rank candidates based on number of top-10 votes, composite average, along with dozens of interviews, research and film-study help from ESPN NFL analyst Matt Bowen. In total, more than 80 voters submitted a ballot on at least one position, and in many cases all positions. We had several ties, so we broke them with the help of additional voting and follow-up calls with those surveyed.

1. Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs
2. Joe Burrow, Bengals

3. Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills
Highest ranking: 1 | Lowest ranking: 5

Allen has bolstered his case as a top-three quarterback but hasn't quite experienced the breakthrough that feels inevitable.

He's well ahead of the quarterbacks ranked Nos. 4-10 in the voting, but he was far behind Mahomes and Burrow.

The prolific scorer has 84 total touchdowns since 2021 (71 passing, 13 rushing). He's the only quarterback in NFL history to record three seasons with at least 35 passing touchdowns and five rushing touchdowns.

But his 29 interceptions during that span are the third worst in the league.

Allen was still dominant while under duress in 2022 with a 76.2 QBR when under pressure, nearly 23 points higher than the rest of the quarterback field. His 91.2 third-down QBR also led the league.

"If you're starting a team, I'd consider taking him first," an AFC exec said. "He can put a team on his back."

But the Bills ran out of gas in a 27-10 playoff loss to Cincinnati, the culmination of a year marred by injuries and Damar Hamlin's cardiac arrest. The offense also was transitioning to first-year coordinator Ken Dorsey.

"I think he got worn down mentally and physically at the end of last year," the scout said of Allen. "He had a lot on his plate. They didn't seem as creative without [Brian] Daboll. Some games it felt like they were throwing it 40 or so times, and he was running it another 10 times or more. He just needed help."

4. Aaron Rodgers, Jets
5. Justin Herbert, Chargers
6. Jalen Hurts, Eagles
7. Lamar Jackson, Ravens
8. Trevor Lawrence, Jaguars
9. Dak Prescott, Cowboys
10. Matthew Stafford, Rams

WTF is this trash??? Purdy isn't even top 10 yet Stafford is still on here?

Cooper Kupp better be #1 WR...

Edited by Jabba The Hutt

9 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

There's a reason why writers of any industry can go on strike and no one will give a shit.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

You're an idiot.  See you next week.

A man of his word!

Edited by Fansince88
  • Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
28 minutes ago, Ann said:

Soon

He's a freak.

No, seriously.  I know we talk about "farm strength," but I think it's more than that.  I think there's something in his musculoskeletal structure (like exceptionally elastic connective tissue or some shit, I don't know) that enables him to store more bio-mechanical energy and release it more quickly and efficiently.  Because if he were normal, there's no way he should be able to do the shit he does.  

So yeah...I think he's way to the right of the bell curve, bio-physically.  He's a freak.

• Like 2
  • Popcorn 1

15 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

He's a freak.

No, seriously.  I know we talk about "farm strength," but I think it's more than that.  I think there's something in his musculoskeletal structure (like exceptionally elastic connective tissue or some shit, I don't know) that enables him to store more bio-mechanical energy and release it more quickly and efficiently.  Because if he were normal, there's no way he should be able to do the shit he does.  

So yeah...I think he's way to the right of the bell curve, bio-physically.  He's a freak.

He’s a Unicorn. 

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 1