Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Josh Allen ..................The Book of Josh.

B-Man

Long, but good read.

How Buffalo Bills QB Josh Allen went from mediocrity to NFL MVP contender

WHEN WAS THE exact moment you realized Josh Allen had made you look like a fool? How many "Are you bleeping serious?" throws did he have to make for you to question your entire belief system when it comes to predicting the success of an NFL quarterback? Because, dear reader, most of us did not arrive at this moment easily.

</snip>

And his first two years in the NFL (league lows in completion percentage; 25th in QBR) did little to convince me otherwise. So this season, even after he roasted the Dolphins for 415 yards and four touchdowns in a 31-28 win in Week 2, there was a (large) part of me that still wasn't quite ready to concede that Allen could, in fact, be a generational talent.

Until what started as a hot streak simply became Allen's new normal. After watching him throw for 415 yards and three touchdowns against the Seahawks in a Week 9 win -- while completing 82% of his passes -- I began to wonder what alternate universe I'd been teleported into. This was a guy, after all, who completed only 49% of his passes at juco Reedley College and only 56% of his throws at Wyoming. As an NFL rookie, he actually got worse, completing 53%.

But this year, Allen connected on 69.2% of his passes, the 25th-best single season in NFL history, on his way to setting a franchise record for passing yards. You know who has never had a season in which he completed at least 69.2% of his passes? Marsha. Neither has Peyton Manning. The only players ahead of Allen (81.7) in QBR this year? Aaron Rodgers (84.4) and Patrick Mahomes (82.9).

</snip>

• Like 6
  • Cheers 2
  • FANtastic 1

8 hours ago, Ann said:

Long, but good read.

WHEN WAS THE exact moment you realized Josh Allen had made you look like a fool? How many "Are you bleeping serious?" throws did he have to make for you to question your entire belief system when it comes to predicting the success of an NFL quarterback? Because, dear reader, most of us did not arrive at this moment easily.

</snip>

And his first two years in the NFL (league lows in completion percentage; 25th in QBR) did little to convince me otherwise. So this season, even after he roasted the Dolphins for 415 yards and four touchdowns in a 31-28 win in Week 2, there was a (large) part of me that still wasn't quite ready to concede that Allen could, in fact, be a generational talent.

Until what started as a hot streak simply became Allen's new normal. After watching him throw for 415 yards and three touchdowns against the Seahawks in a Week 9 win -- while completing 82% of his passes -- I began to wonder what alternate universe I'd been teleported into. This was a guy, after all, who completed only 49% of his passes at juco Reedley College and only 56% of his throws at Wyoming. As an NFL rookie, he actually got worse, completing 53%.

But this year, Allen connected on 69.2% of his passes, the 25th-best single season in NFL history, on his way to setting a franchise record for passing yards. You know who has never had a season in which he completed at least 69.2% of his passes? Marsha. Neither has Peyton Manning. The only players ahead of Allen (81.7) in QBR this year? Aaron Rodgers (84.4) and Patrick Mahomes (82.9).

</snip>

Great article. Loved reading it all!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Wow.  That is from July. Some of those opening "hot takes."  :nono:

Most of this is his running and toughness. Methinks the July 2021 video is gonna look a whole lot different.

• Like 2

Buffalo Bills Fan
On 1/4/2021 at 9:59 PM, IDBillzFan said:

Which is what drives me away. The whole world thinks it's the best thing to come from that franchise in years...and I've never been a fan of the franchise.

The newer movies, poor writing. Went to woke, diversity (forced). Hell the guy boyega (different colored) played in movie thought was racist and used his character that way. Rey this or rey that all the time.  None of the actors really want to come back.  Poor story lines. Rewrites bunch of times. Bunch of other stuff.   Many fans left. Kathleen Kennedy almost ruined it with her ideology.  Insult the fans. Star Wars theroy was attacked for his feelings youtube by someone mocking him while crying cause loved it (Mandalorian) .  Mark Hamill in a interview vs Rian Johnson badly, how much hated it.

Jon Favreau and Dave Filioni helped saved it. Helped saved it with Mandalorian. Build better character. Story lines. Thing's much better fit.  Better all around.

But on topic. Allen looks like a great QB. He has the right people to lead him.  Everyone grows. Sean McDermott message do better each day, process and keep growing. Along many more. So glad they are building the right way 🙂 

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan
  • Like 1

On 1/6/2021 at 11:16 AM, Ann said:

Long, but good read.

</snip>

</snip>

Had to stop reading. Typical garbage ESPN with the social justice undertones.

• Doh! 1

9 minutes ago, NCBillsFan said:

Had to stop reading. Typical garbage ESPN with the social justice undertones.

What are you talking about???I see none of that...its a cool article. Show me something that suggests social justice?

I would hate for people not to read this cause of some perceived slant..its just not there. 

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

What are you talking about???I see none of that...its a cool article. Show me something that suggests social justice?

Undertones. Reference to "safe spaces". Bringing up Josh's teenage tweets that came out before the draft. I stopped reading after that so there are probably more.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NCBillsFan said:

Undertones. Reference to "safe spaces". Bringing up Josh's teenage tweets that came out before the draft. I stopped reading after that so there are probably more.

jebus, the victimhood runs deep. 

mentions the tweets as a backdrop..they were part of the drafting of Josh Allen...its not social justice, its freaking fact

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

jebus, the victimhood runs deep. 

mentions the tweets as a backdrop..they were part of the drafting of Josh Allen...its not social justice, its freaking fact

Presumably the article is about how people were wrong about Josh Allen the football player. If he wants to bring up the tweets and stick to the facts around the draft, fine whatever. But he also had to editorialize. Again, undertones....safe spaces already had me rolling my eyes...then this..

his clueless teenage naivete (and that's a generous reading) when it came to writing offensive things on Twitter -

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NCBillsFan said:

Presumably the article is about how people were wrong about Josh Allen the football player. If he wants to bring up the tweets and stick to the facts around the draft, fine whatever. But he also had to editorialize. Again, undertones....safe spaces already had me rolling my eyes...then this..

his clueless teenage naivete (and that's a generous reading) when it came to writing offensive things on Twitter -

he did write offensive things on Twitter when he was a teenager...he even addressed the team about it

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

he did write offensive things on Twitter when he was a teenager...he even addressed the team about it

I'm talking about the editorilizing of "clueless teenage naivete". If that's a generous characterization, what do you think he might have written if he wasn't feeling generous? I know that I have a pretty good guess.

Billsfan1959
29 minutes ago, NCBillsFan said:

The article was a pretty good article. However, you are right, whatever Josh Allen tweeted when he was 15 years old  has nothing to do with why people were right or wrong about Josh Allen becoming a successful NFL QB. It added nothing to what the author was trying to convey and was completely unnecessary.

• Like 2

Beer__League__Hockey

How dare some white kid not conform to this writer’s finely tuned racial sensibilities 7 years ago.  We all know nothing has changed.