Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Josh Allen ..................The Book of Josh.

B-Man

On 12/21/2020 at 5:01 PM, NCBillsFan said:

Lol. As if Allen doesn't have contagious charisma and winning intangibles. Bayless the douche with an awful take as always.

Baker is very, very good. Josh is better.

And as if Allen's completion percentage isn't almost five percentage points higher than Mayfield's. But hey, the "Josh is innacurate" narrative never gets old right?

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, Ann said:

Most telling is watching Allen throw the ball to Diggs, and then watching the Beathard throw. Allen basically just steps into his throw. Beathard got a runnuing start and looked like he was gonna shit his pants with that effort.

And I'm not trying to compare Beathard. I just forget how easy it is for Josh to throw the ball. I think I fell asleep Monday night thinking about his TD throw to Kumerow.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Most telling is watching Allen throw the ball to Diggs, and then watching the Beathard throw. Allen basically just steps into his throw. Beathard got a runnuing start and looked like he was gonna shit his pants with that effort.

And I'm not trying to compare Beathard. I just forget how easy it is for Josh to throw the ball. I think I fell asleep Monday night thinking about his TD throw to Kumerow.

A laser.  A frozen rope.  Or as on the broadcast a term that brought back memories from my old baseball days... a "seed".  That friggin' throw and the TD to Davis against the Steelers is one that only 2 maybe 3 NFL QBs can even dream of attempting.   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Billsfan1959 said:

And as if Allen's completion percentage isn't almost five percentage points higher than Mayfield's. But hey, the "Josh is innacurate" narrative never gets old right?

They are dragging out his high school and CC stats now. I'm sure he was throwing to top tier talent back then.

1 hour ago, Ann said:

They are dragging out his high school and CC stats now. I'm sure he was throwing to top tier talent back then.

I'm not even sure why a Raiders fan would bother to collect this data, let alone share it.

The comments are interesting, though. 

Buffalo Timmy

I have this week off and have spent too much time looking up stuff about Josh. I will be shocked if he is ever not a top 10 qb until an injury or time takes him out. He has worked too hard and come too far not to keep outworking people. His story is of rejection after rejection until he physically just leaped past everyone. Also thankfully we have a staff that has helped him improve with proper structure.

9 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

It’s also a little odd that in his last game Josh threw for 359 yards, which is now the exact number he needs to tie the team passing yards record. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ann said:

I have no idea why so many people immediately wrote off Allen's chances, before he ever even stepped on an NFL field, of ever being a successful NFL QB, much less a franchise QB. However, many did and they clung to the innacuracy narrative as the primary metric and foundation for their beliefs. I debated / argued with people over and over during his first two seasons about the fallacies of that narrative and about his potential success.

Now that Allen has shown them all wrong, many still cling to that same narrative as a means of justifying their own biased or uneducated opinions. Some hold on to it tightly and still believe he is innacurate, while most have adopted a more face saving version along the lines of "Allen is good; however, it is a complete surprise to everyone - something that nobody saw coming." In other words, (1) "I wasn't really wrong, he was just that exception to the rule and somehow developed abilities and skills he never possessed;" or (2) "I was wrong about him, but everyone was - nobody could have seen this coming."

Well, there were many of us that did see it and expressed it, only to be derided as "blind homers." I have no problem with those who are surprised that he reached this level this quickly, but, anyone who is surprised that this is what was in Allen all along wasn't really interested in seeing it.

The evidence was always there if anyone cared to examine it. 

• Like 4
  • FANtastic 1

13 minutes ago, Billsfan1959 said:

I have no idea why so many people immediately wrote off Allen's chances, before he ever even stepped on an NFL field, of ever being a successful NFL QB, much less a franchise QB

I know why.

As I've said frequently ATOP, where many of these people reside, the single easiest thing to predict in the NFL is failure. 

There are so many variables that need to line up for any one person to be successful; starting with having a natural ability, and joined by getting the opportunity, having a good GM who knows how to manage the cap and rosters, good coaches, a good supporting cast, solid strength and conditioning and, of course, the ability to stay healthy.

The NFL is a wasteland of people who had talent, or even potential, but never realized success because all of those things didn't line up. Will Darnold be a bust because of just Darnold? What about Matt Stafford? Jimmy Garrafolo? 

Some people just pick the low-hanging fruit of who will fail because it's ridiculously easy to predict and they get to spend every weekend proudly yelling the four words I hate to hear from anyone: I told you so.

45 minutes ago, Billsfan1959 said:

I have no idea why so many people immediately wrote off Allen's chances, before he ever even stepped on an NFL field, of ever being a successful NFL QB, much less a franchise QB. However, many did and they clung to the innacuracy narrative as the primary metric and foundation for their beliefs. I debated / argued with people over and over during his first two seasons about the fallacies of that narrative and about his potential success.

23 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I know why.

As I've said frequently ATOP, where many of these people reside, the single easiest thing to predict in the NFL is failure. 

The linked completion percentage history is the prime reason why there were so many doubters. 

I don't think there's ever been a prospect with such poor numbers at every level of competition before entering the NFL who was able to elevate his game to become a star.  Beane took a huge gamble on the kid's ability to humble himself and take the rare step to dedicate his time to re-learn the craft to be successful.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GG1 said:

The linked completion percentage history is the prime reason why there were so many doubters. 

I don't think there's ever been a prospect with such poor numbers at every level of competition before entering the NFL who was able to elevate his game to become a star.  Beane took a huge gamble on the kid's ability to humble himself and take the rare step to dedicate his time to re-learn the craft to be successful.   

His completion percentage absolutely was the prime reason for the doubters. However, those numbers without context, and without deeper analyses, are just numbers. In addition, those low completion percentage numbers do not necessarily correlate to innacuracy.

Every draft pick is a gamble, particularly at the QB level. Just my opinion, but If you ask Beane, I don't believe he would agree that drafting Allen was any more of a gamble than any other QB that was in that draft class. They did their homework, they believed in what they saw in their evaluations, and they were right.. 

Edited by Billsfan1959
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

On 12/24/2020 at 12:12 PM, Billsfan1959 said:

His completion percentage absolutely was the prime reason for the doubters. However, those numbers without context, and without deeper analyses, are just numbers. In addition, those low completion percentage numbers do not necessarily correlate to innacuracy.

Every draft pick is a gamble, particularly at the QB level. Just my opinion, but If you ask Beane, I don't believe he would agree that drafting Allen was any more of a gamble than any other QB that was in that draft class. They did their homework, they believed in what they saw in their evaluations, and they were right.. 

“Accuracy” snobs are a joke. Over the past few weeks I’ve seen Mahoney’s and Brees fire balls 10 - 20 yards off target multiple times and into the dirt and not when they’re trying to avoid a sack either. 

Some of Josh’s lower completion percentages was due to having crappy receivers with hands of stone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

“Accuracy” snobs are a joke. Over the past few weeks I’ve seen Mahoney’s and Brees fire balls 10 - 20 yards off target multiple times and into the dirt and not when they’re trying to avoid a sack either. 

Some of Josh’s lower completion percentages was due to having crappy receivers with hands of stone. 

I think Mahoney was too easily distracted by other kinds of balls.

See the source image

• Haha 4