Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Josh Allen ..................The Book of Josh.

B-Man

5 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

The more I watched of his highlights etc, the more excited I got. 

In Buffalo, we didn’t necessarily have the greatest track record with young players and their development into NFL difference makers. So, one must forgive me for being jaded early on and thinking they were going to mess it up again with “the process”. However, as it went on, I realized this wasn’t the same old Bills leadership that squandered a decade plus of possibilities. I liked this new look.

Welcome. Good stuff. Hope you contribute more.

We're conditioned as BIlls fans to wait for the other shoe to drop. I spent a lot of time on Sundays sounding like the middle of a Hallmark Christmas movie: "I want to believe, but I've been hurt before." 

More to the point, I met my wife 26 years ago. At the time she was a bartender at a dive bar that served as a SoCal Steelers Backer bar, so she was quick to understand what Sundays would be like if our relationship moved forward. After the Niners game, I had to take a minute to sit her down and explain that it's happening. It's really happening. They're finally building a team to go the distance.

It's not a drill, and it's not a mirage. This team, from top to bottom, is legit. Probably not this year, but soon...yes, soon...the Zubaz are coming out of storage.

• Like 2

The knock on Allen was accuracy. Just as in elite tennis and golf, consistent pinpoint accuracy is developed early, almost gifted from above.  Sure a weekend duffer can hit a nice golf shot, once in awhile, but will never morph into a pro. Allen has proved the nay sayers wrong by doing the impossible- becoming very accurate post twenty years old. Plus he is a stud and smart. He scored highest on the Wonderlick test of the QBs in his draft class. He has Mahomes like accuracy, Fitzpatrick like smarts, Rothlesburger like size and strength, Farve and Brees like competitiveness, and a boyish good locks making him a great franchise QB candidate.

In a hypothetical decision between Allen and Mahomes, I am comfortable with Allen. Only dark cloud might be a Trevor Lawrence going to the Jets. But, all in all, the Bills have been lucky with the Allen pick, and their coach /GM combo hire.

This is amazing. We shall see how it plays out:

Link to story

</snip>

The Bills QB is on pace for 4,966 combined pass and rush yards, 42 combined pass and rush TD, and a 105.9 passer rating in 2020. Only six QBs have had 4,900-plus yards, 42-plus TDs, and a 100-plus passer rating in a season: Mahomes (2018 MVP), Peyton Manning (2013 MVP), Drew Brees (2011, 2013), Aaron Rodgers (2011 MVP), Marsha (2007 MVP, 2011), and Dan Marino (1984 MVP).

</snip>

• Like 1

Not sure precisely where to drop this, but this seems a decent place.

"He (Mahomes) isn't going to win them all. People are going to beat him. And this year, the numbers say the likeliest to do it are Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills."

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, Ann said:

Well, to be frank, having receivers who can and do actually catch passes has helped him and his stats. 

Lord, we had some hands of stone receivers. The group we have now though is pretty nice!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Well, to be frank, having receivers who can and do actually catch passes has helped him and his stats. 

Lord, we had some hands of stone receivers. The group we have now though is pretty nice!

Oh for sure... Going from Kelvin Benjamin, Robert Foster, and Zay Jones to Stefon Diggs, John Brown, and Cole Beasley is a massive upgrade.  Diggs, a #1 receiver, makes all things possible.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Ann said:

Oh for sure... Going from Kelvin Benjamin, Robert Foster, and Zay Jones to Stefon Diggs, John Brown, and Cole Beasley is a massive upgrade.  Diggs, a #1 receiver, makes all things possible.

It certainly is a welcome change, that's for sure. 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 2:10 PM, Ann said:

1 hour ago, Ann said:

"Dude has rebuilt his throwing mechanics from the ground up."
Looking at the PFF graphic I could not see any difference in form between Josh and Matt.
At first glance I had to do a double take.

Edited by Uncle Joe

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Anybody have the skinny in Twitter beef between Del and Boomnai Jones? Something said in a podcast about 17 I think, but I can’t figure it out. 

I only caught it briefly while scanning my phone at the grocery store, but I believe Jones made a comment that implied Bills fans are racist because of their undying love for a quarterback who made an inappropriate tweet a hundred years ago. Or something like that. 

• Like 1