Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Josh Allen ..................The Book of Josh.

B-Man

32 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Josh as tall but heavier than Roman Gabriel was. 6’5” each. Roman 220 lbs. Josh 237 lbs. 

Josh hasn't been 237 since college.  Dude is 250 all day, every day.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 3

- QB Coach Jordan Palmer on  @TheHerdtoday was asked why Josh Allen isn’t as “buttoned up” as of late:

”It’s less about Ken Dorsey & what he isn’t. It’s more about Brian Daboll. I think a few years from now we’ll all say that’s the best coach in football…”

“(Bill Belichick) made a comment to me once & we were talking about Daboll and he said ‘Daboll’s one of the only coaches I’ve ever been around that can be an elite offensive coordinator, an elite defensive coordinator & an elite special teams coordinator. He understands football at that level.’”

“When you lose that, you aren’t just gonna replace it.”

“What Josh benefited from with Daboll was not just the play calling but learning the game… learning the game from who Bill Belichick and a lot of other people think is one of the smarter dudes in the league at teaching the position”.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

Beer__League__Hockey

If I was the franchise, I'd be firmly in the camp of doing everything to rehabilitate Josh - highlight his strengths (running the ball, throwing deeper routes, etc).  Also don't trust him as much - for instance, red zone needs to be 75% runs and also custom pass plays that are one read and then throw it away.  Picture roll outs, half the field.  Minimize the mistakes.  Change the game plans to facilitate this.  Once this is accomplished:

TRADE HIM

As structured, this franchise will never win with a guy like Josh.  This is mostly because the coach/GM will never change, so he is the only thing of relative worth to flip.  I say this because the thought of firing McDermott and finding a solid offensive minded coach that would change Josh Allen's style in year 7, 8 or 9 (if his health lasts that long) seems virtually impossible.

• Facepalm 6
  • Haha 2
  • FANtastic 1

3 hours ago, Beer__League__Hockey said:

If I was the franchise, I'd be firmly in the camp of doing everything to rehabilitate Josh - highlight his strengths (running the ball, throwing deeper routes, etc).  Also don't trust him as much - for instance, red zone needs to be 75% runs and also custom pass plays that are one read and then throw it away.  Picture roll outs, half the field.  Minimize the mistakes.  Change the game plans to facilitate this.  Once this is accomplished:

TRADE HIM

As structured, this franchise will never win with a guy like Josh.  This is mostly because the coach/GM will never change, so he is the only thing of relative worth to flip.  I say this because the thought of firing McDermott and finding a solid offensive minded coach that would change Josh Allen's style in year 7, 8 or 9 (if his health lasts that long) seems virtually impossible.

This was inevitable, I guess, but I didn't expect it to happen so fast.

Time for me to log off. I'll see you dudes after the Bills win a game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 4

4 hours ago, Beer__League__Hockey said:

TRADE HIM

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952ay8gtb14jkysn2yv2

• Haha 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 hours ago, Beer__League__Hockey said:

TRADE HIM

@Fansince88 has a "Get Out Of 'You're an idiot' Free" card he might be willing to sell you.

• O Rly 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

This was inevitable, I guess, but I didn't expect it to happen so fast.

Time for me to log off. I'll see you dudes after the Bills win a game.

Read ATOP, you'll feel better here.

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

That is for clicks or that person is a complete idiot, and I am not discounting "and."

They took Bradley Chubb instead of Josh Allen.
Chubb was traded to Miami in 2022. 
Denver traded with Seattle for old Russell Wilson (3 players, 5 draft picks, including the 5th pick in 2023!)

Ummm yeah.  Much better decision.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
52 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

The reason why Denver shouldn't have drafted Allen and dodged a bullet is that the team most definitely did not have a coach on that staff who could have developed Allen.

His logic is literally "The Broncos sucked too badly to take him."  :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

His logic is literally "The Broncos sucked too badly to take him."  :classic_laugh:

That’s the same rationale I’ve read many times about The Bills trading away the spot that Patrick Mahomes was picked at. We would have ruined him. 

The BILLS had 2 drives even get to the RZ in this game.  One was a TD, the other a FG.  No other drive made it to the NJJ 20 yard line.  I don't even know why it's a discussion after this game.

Tom Brady once threw 4 interceptions opening day in a 31-0 loss.  His team went on to win the Super Bowl

In the words of Aaron Rodgers...everyone needs to relax.  It's one game that was winnable against a team that will be lucky to win 7 more games this season (and more like 5).  It's most likely going to be the BILLS' lowlight for the season.

• Applause 1
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Guess we're gonna see a retraction after Josh hammers the Raiders into dust...which Russ couldn't do.

The BILLS sucked more...as evidenced by the roster evisceration that happened AFTER Allen's rookie year.  It's still staggering how few people understand where the BILLS were when Allen started his career.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
16 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The BILLS had 2 drives even get to the RZ in this game.  One was a TD, the other a FG.  No other drive made it to the NJJ 20 yard line.  I don't even know why it's a discussion after this game.

Tom Brady once threw 4 interceptions opening day in a 31-0 loss.  His team went on to win the Super Bowl

In the words of Aaron Rodgers...everyone needs to relax.  It's one game that was winnable against a team that will be lucky to win 7 more games this season (and more like 5).  It's most likely going to be the BILLS' lowlight for the season.

There's always that one game - Vikings last year, Indy or Jax the year before - where they just kind-of look like a bottom-feeding team, and you want to forget all about the game.

I keep telling myself "Glad they got that shit out of the way in Week 1 this year."

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

There's always that one game - Vikings last year, Indy or Jax the year before - where they just kind-of look like a bottom-feeding team, and you want to forget all about the game.

I keep telling myself "Glad they got that shit out of the way in Week 1 this year."

Right.  There's a reason only 2 teams have won every regular season game.  It's &#%$ing hard to do.  This game looked a lot like the Steelers' opener a couple of seasons ago.  It's only a problem if the team can't mentally get past it.  Winning cures that stuff pretty quick.

I think Siriani said something pretty wise after the Eagles looked like shit last weekend...you have to play your starters more in the preseason and get the yips out. 

About the only thing I do with Josh is show him some tape of Brady taking what the defense is giving him.  There's plenty of film out there of teams like the Ravens who gave him fits...and he still found ways to win. 

• Like 4