Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

BILLS' History

Alaska Darin

Crap Throwing Clavin
44 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Is that the game where the crowd passed a goalpost hand-over-hand to the top of the bowl and threw it at the Miami team bus as they were leaving?

5 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Is that the game where the crowd passed a goalpost hand-over-hand to the top of the bowl and threw it at the Miami team bus as they were leaving?

No data.

But in the '80 home opener, 1 of the goal posts was taken to the top of the upper deck to toss it over but security wouldn't let them do it.  (Too many people walking around below.  Somebody would've been killed.)  They were made to leave it in one of the rows about 6 from the top.

Got to touch that one.

We wanted to join the celebration on the field, but our parents wouldn't let us.

At least 1 of the goal posts did make it out if the stadium as about 10 guys were racing it out into the parking lot.

Fun day.

• Love 1

On 11/26/2022 at 8:57 PM, Rochesterny said:

image.jpeg.6a46607259ae735a04c033446407c8d0.jpeg

1992 afc wild card playoffs. Was at that game. Saw the most amazing game. Still have the playoff ticket stub and program book. It was so fun and so cold hands and toes froze

Well it (the record) was fun while it lasted.😫 🍻

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Well it (the record) was fun while it lasted.😫 🍻

Bills still have the playoff record.

But need to keep Matt Ryan out of the playoffs to be sure to keep it.  He now was the loser in the greatest SB comeback & the greatest RS comeback.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Bills still have the playoff record.

But need to keep Matt Ryan out of the playoffs to be sure to keep it.  He now was the lower in the greatest SB comeback & the greatest RS comeback.

It becomes increasingly harder to not look at the guy as a loser.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2022 at 9:08 PM, Alaska Darin said:

30th Anniversary is at the end of January.

Did you marry older? Your avatar looks like you should be celebrating 50 years. :drums:

• Haha 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
On 12/23/2022 at 9:27 AM, Alaska Darin said:

Fred Jackson would be ridiculous on the current BILLS.

I’ve been saying exactly this for the last three seasons.

Fred was so good at everything this offense requires from it’s running backs.

He was a natural in pass protection, I can’t think of a single RB that ever did it better.

He got vertical as quickly as anyone, and had great first step acceleration through the hole, and he hit every hole with bad intentions.

And he was a great receiver. He not only had great hands, but his ability to find and sit down in space was Beaselyesque.

He’d be an All-Pro on this team.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 3

12 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

He was a natural in pass protection, I can’t think of a single RB that ever did it better.

He got vertical as quickly as anyone, and had great first step acceleration through the hole, and he hit every hole with bad intentions.

And he was a great receiver. He not only had great hands, but his ability to find and sit down in space was Beaselyesque.

IIRC even as a running back on a mediocre team, he was seriously being brought up as an mvp candidate before he got hurt in 2011. One of my favorite memories from the drought era was being at the game we beat the Pats that year. I went with my uncle who has seasons right on the tunnel. A bunch of us stayed until every Bills player left the field, and Fred was one of the last ones. He danced down the tunnel carrying his kids while the fans chanted his name.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

13 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Exactly why you don't spend high picks or big bucks on a RB

2 hours ago, Chandemonium said:

IIRC even as a running back on a mediocre team, he was seriously being brought up as an mvp candidate before he got hurt in 2011. One of my favorite memories from the drought era was being at the game we beat the Pats that year. I went with my uncle who has seasons right on the tunnel. A bunch of us stayed until every Bills player left the field, and Fred was one of the last ones. He danced down the tunnel carrying his kids while the fans chanted his name.

Fred is my overall favorite pro football player ever - his story is amazing.  The BILLS spent countless draft capital trying to replace him and he was still the best player on our team.

He was incredible in 2011 until he got hurt (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JackFr02/gamelog/2011/).  The numbers are eye-popping.

Like TYTT said...just a ridiculously complete player, great leader, and class dude.  He should have had a HOF career in the NFL but only really got a shot because of Marv and their Coe College history. 

• Like 4