Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

BILLS' History

Alaska Darin

4 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I’m still pissed about that delay of game penalty.

You talking about the '81 playoffs?

Am pissed about the phantom face mask on Smith a few plays before he messed up his thigh in the Championship Game.  He was a shell of himself after that & it was the biggest reason Esiason survived that game.  Bruce was going to do "bad things, man, bad things" if he still had 2 good legs.

28 minutes ago, Taro T said:

You talking about the '81 playoffs?

Am pissed about the phantom face mask on Smith a few plays before he messed up his thigh in the Championship Game.  He was a shell of himself after that & it was the biggest reason Esiason survived that game.  Bruce was going to do "bad things, man, bad things" if he still had 2 good legs.

Yup.  I recall a key delay of game before Fergie threw incomplete on 4th down on their last drive.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Yup.  I recall a key delay of game before Fergie threw incomplete on 4th down on their last drive.

Absolute ridiculous call.  Just making sure because the highlight looked like it was from Derrick Burroughs last game, not from the game you were talking about.

'It brought me all the way back': Damar Hamlin's injury forces Kevin Everett to relive the moment his NFL career ended

As horrified Buffalo Bills fans watched safety Damar Hamlin collapse and receive lifesaving treatment Monday night on the field at Paycor Stadium in Cincinnati, many had flashbacks to the last time a Bills player suffered a traumatic injury during a game.

A thousand miles away at his Houston-area home, Kevin Everett had the same reaction.

"It brought me all the way back to that point, my injury. It really hit home," he said late Tuesday in a 40-minute phone interview that included his wife, Wiande.

</snip>

"When I saw him pull away it was a relief knowing that he was going to the right place to get the proper attention that he needed," Everett said. "It brought me back to the day of my injury, me leaving in an ambulance that day knowing that I'm going somewhere to, possibly, be restored somewhat to normalcy again."

Everett said he has received a number of messages from friends who checked in with him after Hamlin's injury, which has received nationwide attention. He said the first former teammate to contact him was Jason Peters, who played offensive tackle for the Bills from 2004 to 2008.

"He was one of the guys I was closer with. So it wasn't a shocker that he would reach out and just check on me because this just went full circle," Everett said.

Wiande Everett had an emotional reaction to seeing Hamlin's injury.

"It was devastating. I mean, I had chills. I just fell to the ground and just started praying, immediately started praying for him, for his family, because I know the feeling," she said. "Because we've been through it before."

Hamlin is 24, one year younger than Everett was at the time of his injury.

A native of Port Arthur, Texas, 90 miles outside Houston, Everett was a 2005 draft pick of the Bills. He was a tight end who also played special teams when, on Sept. 9, 2007, he raced down the field as the Bills kicked off to begin the second half.

Everett collided violently with Denver Broncos kick returner Domenik Hixon.

He was stabilized on the field by the team's training staff and doctors at Ralph Wilson Stadium and rushed to Millard Fillmore Hospital for emergency surgery to repair a severe dislocation of his third and fourth vertebra.

Doctors feared Everett would never walk again because of the injury, which was described as life-threatening.

</snip>

To this day, he praises the emergency treatment he received at the stadium, at the hospital and in the weeks and months afterward, notably the spine surgery accompanied by the innovative use of induced hypothermia by Dr. Andrew Cappuccino.

"You can never thank those people enough," Everett said.

</snip>

For Everett, it was difficult to accept losing the ability to play in the NFL.

"Life after football, it wasn't easy," Wiande Everett said. "Because this was his job, something he used to go into every day and just loved to do"

</snip>

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Ann said:

'It brought me all the way back': Damar Hamlin's injury forces Kevin Everett to relive the moment his NFL career ended

As horrified Buffalo Bills fans watched safety Damar Hamlin collapse and receive lifesaving treatment Monday night on the field at Paycor Stadium in Cincinnati, many had flashbacks to the last time a Bills player suffered a traumatic injury during a game.

A thousand miles away at his Houston-area home, Kevin Everett had the same reaction.

"It brought me all the way back to that point, my injury. It really hit home," he said late Tuesday in a 40-minute phone interview that included his wife, Wiande.

</snip>

"When I saw him pull away it was a relief knowing that he was going to the right place to get the proper attention that he needed," Everett said. "It brought me back to the day of my injury, me leaving in an ambulance that day knowing that I'm going somewhere to, possibly, be restored somewhat to normalcy again."

Everett said he has received a number of messages from friends who checked in with him after Hamlin's injury, which has received nationwide attention. He said the first former teammate to contact him was Jason Peters, who played offensive tackle for the Bills from 2004 to 2008.

"He was one of the guys I was closer with. So it wasn't a shocker that he would reach out and just check on me because this just went full circle," Everett said.

Wiande Everett had an emotional reaction to seeing Hamlin's injury.

"It was devastating. I mean, I had chills. I just fell to the ground and just started praying, immediately started praying for him, for his family, because I know the feeling," she said. "Because we've been through it before."

Hamlin is 24, one year younger than Everett was at the time of his injury.

A native of Port Arthur, Texas, 90 miles outside Houston, Everett was a 2005 draft pick of the Bills. He was a tight end who also played special teams when, on Sept. 9, 2007, he raced down the field as the Bills kicked off to begin the second half.

Everett collided violently with Denver Broncos kick returner Domenik Hixon.

He was stabilized on the field by the team's training staff and doctors at Ralph Wilson Stadium and rushed to Millard Fillmore Hospital for emergency surgery to repair a severe dislocation of his third and fourth vertebra.

Doctors feared Everett would never walk again because of the injury, which was described as life-threatening.

</snip>

To this day, he praises the emergency treatment he received at the stadium, at the hospital and in the weeks and months afterward, notably the spine surgery accompanied by the innovative use of induced hypothermia by Dr. Andrew Cappuccino.

"You can never thank those people enough," Everett said.

</snip>

For Everett, it was difficult to accept losing the ability to play in the NFL.

"Life after football, it wasn't easy," Wiande Everett said. "Because this was his job, something he used to go into every day and just loved to do"

</snip>

Did the Buffalo News take down their paywall for all of this?  I usually get blocked, but I could read this story.

• I don't know 1

24 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

WRs should take note of his technique

notice how he put his body clearly between the kick team and the ball so his hands would always be clean

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Only the Jets could let a guy score untouched on an onsides kick.  :classic_laugh:

Who?  :lol: