Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

BILLS' History

Alaska Darin

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Fred is my overall favorite pro football player ever - his story is amazing.  The BILLS spent countless draft capital trying to replace him and he was still the best player on our team.

He was incredible in 2011 until he got hurt (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JackFr02/gamelog/2011/).  The numbers are eye-popping.

Like TYTT said...just a ridiculously complete player, great leader, and class dude.  He should have had a HOF career in the NFL but only really got a shot because of Marv and their Coe College history. 

Not that we didn't already know...but the Bills really went through a collection of potato-headed coaches, that they couldn't figure out "Start Fred Jackson, dammit!"

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

They should go back to them.  That's what football is supposed to look like.

"More surface area to stiff-arm bitches."

-Josh Allen (probably)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Koko said:

Is it just me, or were shoulder pads a lot bigger back then?

I agree. I’m always struck by how much larger the shoulder pads were back then. Made the players look a lot larger. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Love the video but on a tangent... Have we really been subjected to 30 years of Collingsworthless now? :facepalm:

Right?  What's incredible is he sucks even more now.  He's essentially just mailing it in.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

55 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Right?  What's incredible is he sucks even more now.  He's essentially just mailing it in.

I would go as far as to say he was pretty good 30 years ago. The hallmark of people mailing it in is they replace content with volume.  He's always been knowledgeable, but over time he evolved from concise observation to fawning, meandering, verbal diarrhea.  He's basically Joe Namath now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

I would go as far as to say he was pretty good 30 years ago. The hallmark of people mailing it in is they replace content with volume.  He's always been knowledgeable, but over time he evolved from concise observation to fawning, meandering, verbal diarrhea.  He's basically Joe Namath now.

Agreed.  People get comfy in their jobs - especially once they start making a ton of money.  I struggle with who I hate more, Collinsworth or Aikman.  Troy has really never been very good but now he just makes obvious statements that only the blind would appreciate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Agreed.  People get comfy in their jobs - especially once they start making a ton of money.  I struggle with who I hate more, Collinsworth or Aikman.  Troy has really never been very good but now he just makes obvious statements that only the blind would appreciate.

I find Aikman very easy to ignore. Everything he says is bland nothingness. Collinsworth on the other hand is like the obnoxious drunk guy who insists on crashing your group of friends and dominating the conversation with nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

I find Aikman very easy to ignore. Everything he says is bland nothingness. Collinsworth on the other hand is like the obnoxious drunk guy who insists on crashing your group of friends and dominating the conversation with nonsense.

I'm not drunk.

• Haha 1