Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Climate policy

snafu

3 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Super impressive response from the huge security team. Some of them almost did something.

See, arresting them in a conventional way is not going to work.

In this particular instance, they needed to secure them and put a very small clear plastic tent over those people "for their safety" while the hazmat cleaning team came out and scoured the entire area, except the part under the tent.  Slip the hazmat cleaning bill under the tent so these mfers know they're going to be on the hook for payment.  Then haul them away about twelve hours later.  Or leave them there under their clear plastic tent for a few days as a "temporary exhibit" that the public can come visit.  I'm sure they could find a D.C. Judge who would pay a site visit to arraign them under their tent in a timely manner.

• Like 2

4merper4mer
4 hours ago, snafu said:

See, arresting them in a conventional way is not going to work.

In this particular instance, they needed to secure them and put a very small clear plastic tent over those people "for their safety" while the hazmat cleaning team came out and scoured the entire area, except the part under the tent.  Slip the hazmat cleaning bill under the tent so these mfers know they're going to be on the hook for payment.  Then haul them away about twelve hours later.  Or leave them there under their clear plastic tent for a few days as a "temporary exhibit" that the public can come visit.  I'm sure they could find a D.C. Judge who would pay a site visit to arraign them under their tent in a timely manner.

I like that.  But tasers are electric therefore green.  Give them a high dose of that sweet green energy.  It’s what climate activist crave.

Honestly why wait for security?  These clowns defiled the Constitution.  Someone there should have pounded the ever loving daylights out of them post haste.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
13 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I like that.  But tasers are electric therefore green.  Give them a high dose of that sweet green energy.  It’s what climate activist crave.

Honestly why wait for security?  These clowns defiled the Constitution.  Someone there should have pounded the ever loving daylights out of them post haste.

They defiled an airtight glass case that contains the Constitution.  

It's not like the went all Nic Cage on it...stole it and wiped lemon juice all over it.

• Like 1

4merper4mer
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

They defiled an airtight glass case that contains the Constitution.  

It's not like the went all Nic Cage on it...stole it and wiped lemon juice all over it.

I realize it was an airtight case….similar to the Mona Lisa thing.  It was still done for shock value…..so I like the taser approach.  It was still meant to denigrate the Constitution…..so I still like the “any bystander should beat the ever loving shit out of them” approach.  Denigrate would have been a better word choice than defile.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
20 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I realize it was an airtight case….similar to the Mona Lisa thing.  It was still done for shock value…..so I like the taser approach.  It was still meant to denigrate the Constitution…..so I still like the “any bystander should beat the ever loving shit out of them” approach.  Denigrate would have been a better word choice than defile.

Wasn't meant to denigrate the Constitution either. 

Was meant to call attention to the children that did it.  Constitution, Mona Lisa, The Birth of Venus, Little Dancer Aged Fourteen...the target's irrelevant.  It's about nothing more than the little infant snowflakes who didn't get enough attention from daddy growing up.

Was meant to call attention to the children that did it.  Constitution, Mona Lisa, The Birth of Venus, Little Dancer Aged Fourteen...the target's irrelevant.  It's about nothing more than the little infant snowflakes who didn't get enough attention from daddy growing up.

Right.

That's why I advocate the "arrest in place" approach.  I call it "now youse cant leave justice".

They'll get their attention -- just not in a way that they anticipate.  It works really well for people who glue themselves to things, or sit up in trees.

Actually, it's pretty ironic that these particular guys would be held next to the Constitution.  What a wasted opportunity for a creative method.  

• Like 1

IDBillzFan

It's unfortunate that they have taken to doing this stupid stuff with chalk or soup.

This behavior was WAY more entertaining when they were Crazy gluing their hands to concrete.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

It's unfortunate that they have taken to doing this stupid stuff with chalk or soup.

This behavior was WAY more entertaining when they were Crazy gluing their hands to concrete.

Agreed.

And leave them there until the glue wears off.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Y'know...as I recall, the case the Constitution is held in is made of something like three-inch bulletproof glass, UV-resistant, and designed to drop to a deep sub-sub-basement (I'm remembering something like a 100 foot drop, but I could very well be wrong) in an emergency.

Superglue yourselves to THAT, you idiots.  I want to see it drop.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Any active duty military, military reservist, or federal employee who witnessed the event, but did nothing, should be fired

They take an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution.  I mean, in this situation they should have physically defended the Constitution.  

• Like 2

Fansince88
On 2/14/2024 at 4:05 PM, Hedge said:

Super impressive response from the huge security team. Some of them almost did something.

This was more of an insurrection then the insurrection.  

Fansince88
On 2/15/2024 at 2:45 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Y'know...as I recall, the case the Constitution is held in is made of something like three-inch bulletproof glass, UV-resistant, and designed to drop to a deep sub-sub-basement (I'm remembering something like a 100 foot drop, but I could very well be wrong) in an emergency.

Superglue yourselves to THAT, you idiots.  I want to see it drop.

Or shoot them if it is bulletproof 🤷 

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
19 minutes ago, Ann said:

Important note: "emissions" in this case is particulate emissions, not CO2 or methane or nitrous oxide or any other gas.  The study says that particulate pollution from tire wear is worse that particulate pollution from engine exhaust.  

I can appreciate that study, as I've been complaining for years that the environmental footprint of cars has been very narrowly focused on carbon footprint, and I'm happy to see a study that rightly considers something other than carbon footprint.  But it also means that most of the reporting on the study is misleading, for not making that distinction.

TtownBillsFan
35 minutes ago, Ann said:

That's a HUGE "NO $hlT" to anyone who has dug even slightly into the issue, and knows the facts.  But it's nice that it's receiving some lame-stream attention.

• Like 2

Fansince88
8 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Important note: "emissions" in this case is particulate emissions, not CO2 or methane or nitrous oxide or any other gas.  The study says that particulate pollution from tire wear is worse that particulate pollution from engine exhaust.  

I can appreciate that study, as I've been complaining for years that the environmental footprint of cars has been very narrowly focused on carbon footprint, and I'm happy to see a study that rightly considers something other than carbon footprint.  But it also means that most of the reporting on the study is misleading, for not making that distinction.

8 hours ago, TtownBillsFan said:

That's a HUGE "NO $hlT" to anyone who has dug even slightly into the issue, and knows the facts.  But it's nice that it's receiving some lame-stream attention.

But what isnt answered is how they compare to cow farts. After all,  that is the most pressing of questions. 

• Haha 2

devnull
17 hours ago, Ann said:

So all those "Be part of the solution, not part of the problem" types that flocked to EVs are part of the new problem

• Like 1

2 hours ago, devnull said:

So all those "Be part of the solution, not part of the problem" types that flocked to EVs are part of the new problem

Maybe it is anti-China messaging, since they’re poised to dominate the EV market.  Something similar to when Hwawei was going to dominate.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, devnull said:

No.  See what I wrote above.  Completely different kind of "emissions"...a kind that isn't a problem to people who drive EVs.

GREAT MOMENTS IN PRIORITIES:

Funny, I don’t recall reading about FDR, Truman, or their cabinet heads decrying the pollution output of the Nazis or imperial Japan during WWII, which I suppose shows just how blinkered their administrations’ focus was back then.

• clown 2
  • Haha 1