Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Climate policy

snafu

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, devnull said:

So all those "Be part of the solution, not part of the problem" types that flocked to EVs are part of the new problem

No.  See what I wrote above.  Completely different kind of "emissions"...a kind that isn't a problem to people who drive EVs.

GREAT MOMENTS IN PRIORITIES:

Funny, I don’t recall reading about FDR, Truman, or their cabinet heads decrying the pollution output of the Nazis or imperial Japan during WWII, which I suppose shows just how blinkered their administrations’ focus was back then.

• clown 2
  • Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
42 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Funny, I don’t recall reading about FDR, Truman, or their cabinet heads decrying the pollution output of the Nazis or imperial Japan during WWII, which I suppose shows just how blinkered their administrations’ focus was back then.

What the hell is this shit even supposed to mean?  :facepalm:

• Haha 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, B-Man said:

And point of note: global warming will lengthen the growing season in much of Siberia, allowing Russia to produce more of it's own food and reduce dependencies on foreign imports.  Russia not only couldn't care less about climate change, they're incentivized to contribute to it.

You'd think a former Secretary of State would know that.  :facepalm:

Uncle Joe
22 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

You don't speak M@$$h@l&?

4merper4mer
23 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

The fact that anyone ever listened to a word on any topic out of that guy’s after maybe the seventh grade is an indictment of our society.  He is the most obviously phony and feckless person I’ve seen.  

He somehow talks his way into being in charge of huge chunks of resources and gives them away for pennies on the dollar.  It’s his basic negotiating tactic.  Doormat diplomacy.  

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
50 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Make a note: the mob simply hates you, and any justification they give is a post hoc rationalization, not a reason.

So there is no appeasing them.  They will still hate you, they'll just find another post hoc rationalization.

• Like 1

4merper4mer
58 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Make a note: the mob simply hates you, and any justification they give is a post hoc rationalization, not a reason.

So there is no appeasing them.  They will still hate you, they'll just find another post hoc rationalization.

What if I ever so politely ask them to make me a sandwich?

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
13 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

What if I ever so politely ask them to make me a sandwich?

As long as it's bean sprouts on gluten-free bread, they might.

• Like 1

devnull
8 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

As long as it's bean sprouts on gluten-free bread, they might.

Or they will complain how you are destroying their planet by supporting anthrocentric agriculture

Biden Administration Announces Rules Aimed at Phasing Out Gas Cars
The regulations would require automakers to produce more electric vehicles and hybrids by gradually tightening limits on tailpipe pollution.

The Biden administration on Wednesday issued one of the most significant climate regulations in the nation’s history, a rule designed to ensure that the majority of new passenger cars and light trucks sold in the United States are all-electric or hybrids by 2032.

Nearly three years in the making, the new tailpipe pollution limits from the Environmental Protection Agency would transform the American automobile market. A record 1.2 million electric vehicles rolled off dealers’ lots last year, but they made up just 7.6 percent of total U.S. car sales, far from the 56 percent target under the new regulation. An additional 16 percent of new cars sold would be hybrids.

</snip>

• Angry 2

Remember the solar farm destroyed in Nebraska last year by a hail storm? Just a reminder this will become increasingly common the more we insist on building them

Edited by Cinga
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Cinga said:

Remember the solar farm destroyed in Nebraska last year by a hail storm? Just a reminder this will become increasingly common the more we insist on building them

Texas is known to have storms like this, so not building to anticipate it, perfectly sums up the "green" agenda.

I remember one hail storm, early '90s, while I was living in Austin, the hailstones were the size of golf balls. All of the car dealerships had major sales after that to unload majorly dented cars. I saved one piece of hail in the freezer, for years, to show to people who visited.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
30 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Oh, man. Is there nothing Global climate cooling warming crisis can't do?

Melting polar ice is slowing the Earth's rotation, with possible consequences for timekeeping!

Not one single reference to the study.  Not one.  

I was going to read it and see if it makes sense - at first blush, it doesn't to me, which has me wondering if I'm missing something.  

But...no study in that article, just arguments to authority.  &#%$ing American &#%$ing bullshit science writing.

• Cheers 2

IDBillzFan
38 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Serious question.... Would you buy an EV from a company that slashes prices almost in half to try and keep itself in business?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/ev-maker-slashes-prices-as-it-tries-to-avoid-bankruptcy

Follow up question.... When it goes out of business, where will you get parts for it?

I wouldn't buy an EV...period...let alone from a soon-to-be-bankrupt company's fire sale. And if I were to buy EV, it would at least have to be a hybrid. Still, Northern Idaho isn't really a great place for an EV, although there are plenty of rich CA tools up here with the Teslas. Funny how you never see them out in the winter time. :classic_laugh:

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Cinga said:

Serious question.... Would you buy an EV from a company that slashes prices almost in half to try and keep itself in business?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/ev-maker-slashes-prices-as-it-tries-to-avoid-bankruptcy

Follow up question.... When it goes out of business, where will you get parts for it?

The following is a quantum list of all the companies I know of that avoided bankruptcy by slashing prices and dumping inventory:

Edited by Crap Throwing Clavin
  • Haha 4

Spartacus

https://www.theepochtimes.com/entertainment/climate-alarmists-battle-to-censor-film-exposing-climate-crisis-scam-5617778

“Watch this documentary to understand the lies, the pseudoscience, but also the self-interest of government-funded parasites pushing climate alarmism,” Maxime Bernier, the founder and leader of the People’s Party of Canada, posted on X, formerly known as Twitter, about the film that details how “an eccentric environmental scare grew into a powerful global industry.”

“The final nail in the coffin for the ‘human-induced climate change’ scam. An absolute MUST-WATCH!” Wide Awake Media posted on X while linking to the movie, which features an elite list of scientists, including Nobel Laureate John Clauser, Richard Lindzen, emeritus professor of meteorology at MIT, and Steven Koonin, a theoretical physicist and professor at NYU’s Tandon School of Engineering.

Some reviewers went so far as to call for censorship.

“I’m thinking we can get 10,000 people to report ‘Climate: The Movie’ on YouTube as having harmful and misleading content,” Eliot Jacobson, a retired mathematics and computer science professor, posted on X on March 23.

“I keep telling people, incredibly, in the US and the UK, more than twice as many people work in government as work in manufacturing.

• Cheers 2