Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo vs LA Rams: Week 1 Game Week Thread

Ann

Jabba The Hutt
5 hours ago, RedAlice said:

I know, all that really matters is seeing the Rams win.  

You better hope Cooper Kupp doesn't demand a trade to us after the game...:classic_laugh:

If this is true it means the Rams are wearing their awful white/white combo, which is easily the worst normal uniform combo in the NFL. 

• Like 1

Expectations are so high for the season it almost seems like game 1 vs the Rams can make or break us. My biggest worry is how well the Offense will do without Daboll calling the shots. Will the cannon arm of Josh Allen still prevail. The team itself has only gotten better from a roster standpoint, but we all know how important coaching is in the game of football. 

Is anyone getting a little nervous yet?  

1 hour ago, Figster said:

Expectations are so high for the season it almost seems like game 1 vs the Rams can make or break us. My biggest worry is how well the Offense will do without Daboll calling the shots. Will the cannon arm of Josh Allen still prevail. The team itself has only gotten better from a roster standpoint, but we all know how important coaching is in the game of football. 

NFL.com today has talking heads picking SB winners, MVP candidates, Coach of the Year, etc.

Bills are #1 choice to win it all. Josh is #1 choice for MVP. McDermott is #1 choice for Coach of the year.

When you're reaching for a star, there's a long way to fall.

Yeah. I'm much more anxious than I thought I'd be because of the build-up. Least of my concerns is no Daboll. I keep reminding myself that I expect losses, and if they have to happen, let them happen to an NFC team.

I also remind myself that *this* team also reminds me it does not shy away from the bright lights.  Ever since Josh's first Thanksgiving game.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Figster said:

Nervous? Yes.

Not because Daboll.  More worried that our cornerbacks are going to have to play really well. I’m hoping that the upgraded DLine can make their lives easier.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

24 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

NFL.com today has talking heads picking SB winners, MVP candidates, Coach of the Year, etc.

Bills are #1 choice to win it all. Josh is #1 choice for MVP. McDermott is #1 choice for Coach of the year.

When you're reaching for a star, there's a long way to fall.

Yeah. I'm much more anxious than I thought I'd be because of the build-up. Least of my concerns is no Daboll. I keep reminding myself that I expect losses, and if they have to happen, let them happen to an NFC team.

I also remind myself that *this* team also reminds me it does not shy away from the bright lights.  Ever since Josh's first Thanksgiving game.

Josh Allens ability to extend plays combined with the elite play of not one, but 2 receivers now. An improved catching backfield with Cook at RB. Upgrade at the TE position. Upgraded Oline. Many reasons to feel optimistic for sure.

Daboll on the other hand from an innovative standpoint is hard to replace in a league that is constantly evolving in my humble opinion.

Thanks for the reply.

Go Bills!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Figster said:

A lot nervous. There were high hopes last year, too, and they didn't get their act together until November. Let's hope they get it together faster this year. The AFC is loaded. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, snafu said:

Nervous? Yes.

Not because Daboll.  More worried that our cornerbacks are going to have to play really well. I’m hoping that the upgraded DLine can make their lives easier.

Amen to that...

• Cheers 1