Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo vs LA Rams: Week 1 Game Week Thread

Ann

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm expecting a breakout season from Isiah McKenzie. All the guy does is catch everything Josh Allen throws at him. Once upon a time I thought McKenzie's clowning around was a distraction to the team. Just the opposite now. Great teammate turning into a great player.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Figster said:

I'm expecting a breakout season from Isiah McKenzie. All the guy does is catch everything Josh Allen throws at him. Once upon a time I thought McKenzie's clowning around was a distraction to the team. Just the opposite now. Great teammate turning into a great player.

Agree.  I think McKenzie will have a good season.  Hopefully Ken Dorsey will do a much better job at the short, quick game than Daboll did, which will help McKenzie.

• Like 2

Just now, Core Four said:

Agree.  I think McKenzie will have a good season.  Hopefully Ken Dorsey will do a much better job at the short, quick game than Daboll did, which will help McKenzie.

Be interesting to see how much Cook at RB will contribute. Motor really started to catch traction toward the end of the season. 

6 minutes ago, Figster said:

Be interesting to see how much Cook at RB will contribute. Motor really started to catch traction toward the end of the season. 

Better guard play this season is all but guaranteed and the downstream affect could be amazing.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Figster said:

I would think they'll work Cook into the game plan as quickly as possible.

Regarding Motor vs Moss, I'm a Moss fan...I just think he's more dynamic than Motor.  I know Moss seemed to regress last year (IIRC, blocking scheme and injury were problems.)  It will be interesting to see which RB rises to the top with Kromer's blocking scheme.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of them are traded at some point, though a lot of that depends on how fast Cook can contribute.

• Like 2

Buffalo Bills Defensive Coordinator Leslie Frazier meets with the media Monday at One Bills Drive. Topics Include: Seeing Von Miller for the first time in game action in a Bills uniform, development of rookie cornerbacks Kaiir Elam and Christian Benford, and personnel decisions going into the opening game of the season Thursday.

Leslie Frazier: “Keep Moving Forward” | Buffalo Bills

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Buffalo Bills Offensive Coordinator Ken Dorsey meets with the media Monday at One Bills Drive. Topics Include: Staying steady throughout tough situations in games and the upcoming season, developing his play calling in his first season as offensive coordinator, and making sure the offense is comfortable with the playbook heading into the season opener.

Ken Dorsey: “Every Game Is Important” | Buffalo Bills

• Cheers 2

28 minutes ago, Core Four said:

Regarding Motor vs Moss, I'm a Moss fan...I just think he's more dynamic than Motor.  I know Moss seemed to regress last year (IIRC, blocking scheme and injury were problems.)  It will be interesting to see which RB rises to the top with Kromer's blocking scheme.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of them are traded at some point, though a lot of that depends on how fast Cook can contribute.

To me Motor is a good example of a player that continues to thrive in the McD process. I like Moss. Between the two its Motor over Moss for me.  Singletary shows better vision and the more talented runner in my humble opinion.

I would be very disappointed to lose Devin.  Excited to see how well a revved up Motor performs behind better Oline blocking. ;  )  

Edited by Figster

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm awfully excited to see what Isaiah is going to do this year. He probably could have sought out a better opportunity with another team a few times. Good things come to those who do the right thing, I expect McKenzie is going to be rewarded this year.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Better guard play this season is all but guaranteed and the downstream affect could be amazing.

The downstream effect of not having Cody Ford alone is something to look forward to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Core Four said:

Traditionally, the brass at OBD doesn't force rookies into the lineup, regardless of draft position. They do however give reps to those that earn them, regardless of tenure. 

I believe that they drafted Cook with an eye towards the future with Singletary's rookie contract being up after this year. I have always like Devin and what he brought to the position, especially loved how he trained last off-season to try and increase his speed. That said, what I saw of Cook's limited college tape (limited in the sense of, carries out of the backfield), gives one visions of his brother Dalvin running the ball. If JC can give glimpses of that kind of running... oh boy!

Moss's role and skill set is a bit different than what Singletary or Cook brings. I always think back to the two headed monster we had with Thurman and Davis. They each had a role and were very effective in them. We can only hope that something akin to that evolves with our new and improved line coaching and players. If we have the legitimate threat to run the ball effectively from certain sets, the passing game becomes even more dangerous.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Traditionally, the brass at OBD doesn't force rookies into the lineup, regardless of draft position. They do however give reps to those that earn them, regardless of tenure. 

I believe that they drafted Cook with an eye towards the future with Singletary's rookie contract being up after this year. I have always like Devin and what he brought to the position, especially loved how he trained last off-season to try and increase his speed. That said, what I saw of Cook's limited college tape (limited in the sense of, carries out of the backfield), gives one visions of his brother Dalvin running the ball. If JC can give glimpses of that kind of running... oh boy!

Moss's role and skill set is a bit different than what Singletary or Cook brings. I always think back to the two headed monster we had with Thurman and Davis. They each had a role and were very effective in them. We can only hope that something akin to that evolves with our new and improved line coaching and players. If we have the legitimate threat to run the ball effectively from certain sets, the passing game becomes even more dangerous.

You're probably correct that they will not try and force Cook.  He may enter the lineup slowly and in carefully chosen instances.  If this is the case, Singletary will be a Bill the entire season.  Though possibly not next season.

I find it hard to believe both Moss and Singletary will be on the roster next season; three backs should be enough.  They do have different running styles, though in my humble opinion the two backs are more similar than dissimilar.  Both are in the 5'7" - 5'9" in height and 205-210 lbs weight range.  There is really not enough of a difference in skill set between the two to keep both, and neither stand out in comparison to a Jonathan Taylor, Leonard Fournette, or someone more their size like Austin Eckler.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1