Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Who Are the Bills Mafia?

BillsFans Staff Writer

Crap Throwing Clavin
20 hours ago, Ann said:

Wow

If I'm building that, I'm probably making it four times the size.  He's lost some detail at that scale.

But I'm not building that.  It is insanely difficult to build a scale model of something from scratch with Legos.  

• Like 3

Life-long Bills fan working to make a movie about the Queen City and the radiant football culture

A life-long Bills fan is working to make a movie about the Queen City and the radiant football culture she holds. The screenwriter said this movie is a celebration of Buffalo. The screenwriter, producer and actor for the film, Unbilllievable, Scott Rubin said this project is more than a movie to him.

</snip>

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I looked all over YouTube yesterday and couldn't find it. I knew it was happening because I watched the build-info in the local backers Facebook group, and then they posted video Saturday and Sunday. Unfortunately, Facebook videos do not embed here . Finally saw this on Twitter!

Pensacola had a Mardi Gras parade this past Saturday. The local Bills Backers group entered a float. Must have been some parade because there were three filled dumpsters by the municipal building and we were still stepping over beads on our way to the stadium yesterday (a cheese and chocolate event).

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 2/6/2023 at 4:27 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

If I'm building that, I'm probably making it four times the size.  He's lost some detail at that scale.

But I'm not building that.  It is insanely difficult to build a scale model of something from scratch with Legos.  

That's actually not a Lego product, but a knock-off kit. I got it for my son a couple of years ago so we could add it to the man cave. We modified it to have a ledge in the nosebleeds and put a little Lego guy there who jumps to his death every time Josh throws an interception.

We call him Joe.

Sidenote: if you have a child who gets into Legos at an early age, by the time they are graduating high school, you have enough Lego pieces to build the actual space shuttle to scale. I have boxes on top of boxes of pieces we didn't just buy, but that parents with adult kids gave to him. 

The largest he did was the Millenium Falcon, and he's not even a Star Wars fan, but it was satisfying to finally spend hundreds of dollars on a Lego that he DIDN'T put together in 20 minutes. The Architectural Series are cool, but again, a shit ton of money for 20 minutes of building.

• Haha 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

That's actually not a Lego product, but a knock-off kit. I got it for my son a couple of years ago so we could add it to the man cave. We modified it to have a ledge in the nosebleeds and put a little Lego guy there who jumps to his death every time Josh throws an interception.

We call him Joe.

Sidenote: if you have a child who gets into Legos at an early age, by the time they are graduating high school, you have enough Lego pieces to build the actual space shuttle to scale. I have boxes on top of boxes of pieces we didn't just buy, but that parents with adult kids gave to him. 

The largest he did was the Millenium Falcon, and he's not even a Star Wars fan, but it was satisfying to finally spend hundreds of dollars on a Lego that he DIDN'T put together in 20 minutes. The Architectural Series are cool, but again, a shit ton of money for 20 minutes of building.

My brother and I had about ten different kits (mostly the Galaxy Explorer series), plus the generic brick collections, growing up.  We had enough bricks to build a battleship about three feet long, maybe.  I have no idea what happened to them...wish I did.

I got the Space Shuttle kit a year ago (psychologist-recommended therapy after I got out of the looney bin).  Probably the most fun I ever had with a build.  I highly recommend it.

I've been wanting to design and build a custom WWII tank (probably a German Panther Tank, as the lines are easy to reproduce).  Turns out designing a build from scratch is really difficult...doubly so when you're building anything vaguely militaristic (even swords), as Lego won't help at all.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 2/9/2023 at 12:05 AM, Ann said:

Life-long Bills fan working to make a movie about the Queen City and the radiant football culture

A life-long Bills fan is working to make a movie about the Queen City and the radiant football culture she holds. The screenwriter said this movie is a celebration of Buffalo. The screenwriter, producer and actor for the film, Unbilllievable, Scott Rubin said this project is more than a movie to him.

</snip>

They should feature Josh Allen, and call it "The Unnatural."

6 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

My brother and I had about ten different kits (mostly the Galaxy Explorer series), plus the generic brick collections, growing up.  We had enough bricks to build a battleship about three feet long, maybe.  I have no idea what happened to them...wish I did.

I got the Space Shuttle kit a year ago (psychologist-recommended therapy after I got out of the looney bin).  Probably the most fun I ever had with a build.  I highly recommend it.

I've been wanting to design and build a custom WWII tank (probably a German Panther Tank, as the lines are easy to reproduce).  Turns out designing a build from scratch is really difficult...doubly so when you're building anything vaguely militaristic (even swords), as Lego won't help at all.

He has the Space Shuttle. It's a great product. The Technics were pretty cool, too, because you were adding motorized movement to your builds.

The one thing Lego couldn't do well was make board games. So bad I think they discontinued them.

Their video games were a blast though; Indiana Jones, Batman, etc. And that was before they were smart enough to have Will Arnett voice Batman in their movies.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

And that was before they were smart enough to have Will Arnett voice Batman in their movies.

Very underrated.  I generally hate "kids" movies but those were well done.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We are in the Caribbean on a cruise. Guy at the outdoor table next to us yesterday was wearing a Bills cap. I noticed as I was getting up to leave, so did a “Go Bills” to acknowledge the fandom. Wife smiled, guy looked at me like he’d never heard that before. 🤷‍♀️ Out of season it ends? 

• O Rly 2

Alaska Darin
6 hours ago, Ann said:

We are in the Caribbean on a cruise. Guy at the outdoor table next to us yesterday was wearing a Bills cap. I noticed as I was getting up to leave, so did a “Go Bills” to acknowledge the fandom. Wife smiled, guy looked at me like he’d never heard that before. 🤷‍♀️ Out of season it ends? 

Nope.  100% appropriate at all times.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Nope.  100% appropriate at all times.

Maybe not at a bullfight.  Risk of being misheard.

But other times...funerals, surgeries, brisses, Dolphins games...particularly Dolphins games.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

But other times...funerals, surgeries, brisses, Dolphins games...particularly Dolphins games.

ICU?

Asking for a friend...

• Like 2

Alaska Darin
21 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Wait, so people don't cheer for the bull?

Crap Throwing Clavin
59 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Wait, so people don't cheer for the bull?

I'm sure.  But I suspect doing it openly in the arena gets you a beating.