Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Who Are the Bills Mafia?

BillsFans Staff Writer

IDBillzFan

I genuinely have no idea who LeShawn is, and I only know of Hammer from ATOP. I remember there being some kind of drama at Hammer's Lot, but if you read the comments in response to whatever LeShawn is calling him out on, it feels like Hammer has pissed off a bunch of people.

NOTE: I have no idea what Hammer did to elicit this response. Whatever he posted, he must have deleted it.

3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I genuinely have no idea who LeShawn is, and I only know of Hammer from ATOP. I remember there being some kind of drama at Hammer's Lot, but if you read the comments in response to whatever LeShawn is calling him out on, it feels like Hammer has pissed off a bunch of people.

NOTE: I have no idea what Hammer did to elicit this response. Whatever he posted, he must have deleted it.

3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

So there was a news article on some site talking up some girl who goes to all the games home and away. And Hammer posted something to the affect of "Big deal, Kenny's been doing that for years." 

Im team Hammer all the way and have been for decades now. The getoffmylawn thing is his schtick and I get it. That said, he seems to be...I dont know...grumpier the last few years and the comment on that news article this AM was kind of uncalled for, IMHO. I dont know why he even would bother. Hes got clout. Kenny has TONS of clout. Whats the point of putting down some nice girl who had an article written about her?

All that said, theres this "new batch" of younger Bills fans on Twitter and they seem to be getting the attention and energy these days and they seem to be Hammer's nemesis of sorts.  Now they all seem like nice enough people...and like I said they are all young and full of energy and all that. But there is definitely a cliquish, popularity contest vibe to the whole scene, at least on Twitter, that I cant put my finger on. Maybe Im just getting old and dont get it. 

IDBillzFan
40 minutes ago, RkFast said:

So there was a news article on some site talking up some girl who goes to all the games home and away. And Hammer posted something to the affect of "Big deal, Kenny's been doing that for years." 

Thanks.

I've never tailgated with his group, mostly because I tend to avoid things the rest of the world gravitates towards, but I remember his approach on Covid policies tweaked a bunch of people. I suspect that was because any Covid policy from anybody would tweak people, but the way he responded to people was also a factor.

Did the potato salad incident with Sue take place at Hammers?

4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Thanks.

I've never tailgated with his group, mostly because I tend to avoid things the rest of the world gravitates towards, but I remember his approach on Covid policies tweaked a bunch of people. I suspect that was because any Covid policy from anybody would tweak people, but the way he responded to people was also a factor.

Dont recall, I wasnt there for that. But given most ATOP tailgates were/are at Hammer's I would assume so. 

Bills social media was so much better when the team sucked. Everyone just got drunk and went nuts. Now its a &#%$ing "who's a better/bigger fan, look at me(!!)" pissing contest.

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, RkFast said:

All that said, theres this "new batch" of younger Bills fans on Twitter and they seem to be getting the attention and energy these days and they seem to be Hammer's nemesis of sorts.  Now they all seem like nice enough people...and like I said they are all young and full of energy and all that. But there is definitely a cliquish, popularity contest vibe to the whole scene, at least on Twitter, that I cant put my finger on. Maybe Im just getting old and dont get it. 

Basically, what happened ATOP is happening all over.  Self-important kids thinking they're the center of the universe being overly-indulged in their narcissism.  And Twitter is, of course, central to it.

Crap Throwing Clavin
29 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Thanks.

It cracks me up that there was a "potato salad incident" anywhere at all.

IDBillzFan
18 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Hell, I don't even remember the details of the event beyond someone leaving it out in the sun. 

Truth is, I only once met up with some of the posters ATOP, at the Cardinals game when Trent Edward got leveled on the first series. Met Rosen, Pinto Ron, Harriet and another older blonde woman who's username/real name escapes me now. She posted a lot when ATOP was still under control.

Otherwise, I'm glad I didn't make a big push to meet everyone at a game in Orchard Park. The last time I went, I got seats in the suite with Mark (Cigar Mark). Such a great dude. Wish he'd post over here.

Fansince88
52 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

The real question is mustard or no mustard in your potato salad.  🤔 

Fansince88
32 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Hell, I don't even remember the details of the event beyond someone leaving it out in the sun. 

Truth is, I only once met up with some of the posters ATOP, at the Cardinals game when Trent Edward got leveled on the first series. Met Rosen, Pinto Ron, Harriet and another older blonde woman who's username/real name escapes me now. She posted a lot when ATOP was still under control.

Otherwise, I'm glad I didn't make a big push to meet everyone at a game in Orchard Park. The last time I went, I got seats in the suite with Mark (Cigar Mark). Such a great dude. Wish he'd post over here.

I tried meeting up with @mead107 and he kept sending my phone calls to vm. I think he ran out of Stromboli. 

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Don't tell that to Ron "tater salad" White.

Ive been going to the ATOP Opener Tailgates at Hammers the last few years and they are good. Probably been to about 10 or so, all told. A lot of old regulars from there (and here) and its a good time. Hammer lets us go all night if we want, this past year we were like Marines...first in, last out. No drama (that I can see, anyway). Everyone is friendly, but I keep a low profile and just get drunk, walk the lot like Im at a Dead show and enjoy the day. 

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Aussie?

According to The Emory Marketing Analytics Center and Fanalytics Podcast the Bills fanbase ranks just ahead of Jacksonville.  They take QBs into account + social media + a trailing 20 years... which is clearly why the Bills rank so poorly. The Bills had shit for QBs for a good portion of those 20 years, and never made the playoffs for 17 of those years.

Also, not sure how old their social media data is. Bills are:

25th on Instagram (as of May, 2022) Bills IG Page
22nd on Twitter (as of April, 2022) Bills Twitter Account

22nd on YouTube (as of May 2022) Bills YouTube Account
30th on Facebook (as of March 2022) Bills Facebook Page

Still, they offered up an explanation of their analysis knowing it was going to be dismissed (because it is ludicrous). 

2022 NFL Fandom Rankings

#27 Buffalo Bills

The average Fan Cost Index in 2021 was around $570, and the average ticket price was $107. The Bill’s cost index and ticket prices were $489 and $82.49, respectively. Buffalo is a small market, but the team has been one of the top-performing clubs over the last few seasons. As a comparison, Green Bay is an even smaller market, but the Packers have an average ticket price that is 56% higher than the Bills. The Bills Social Media results also place the club in the lower portion of the league. The Bills combined social following exceeds only the Titans and Jaguars.  

Buffalo is one of several clubs with (small?) intense fan bases that do not translate to marketing power. The image of Bills fans packing a stadium on a freezing day are compelling, and it makes me want to root for the Bills fans to place higher. This is especially true when the Bills rank lower than LA or Florida fans that do not seem devoted to their teams. But while some fans seem intense, the Bills lack pricing power at the local level and social cache at the national level.