Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

General Game Day Thread Week 1 (2022)

Ann

37 minutes ago, Core Four said:

No, motor oil.

You're overrating Daboll. Reports are that McD and Daboll were not seeing eye to eye toward the end of the season, which probably would not have ended well for Daboll had he not become the Giants HC.  Remember, to his credit McD insisted Daboll fix the run game (and by extension, OLine) last year, which Daboll did a piss poor job with earlier in the season.  Daboll wanted to pass long as much as possible, which the run game and short passing game were sorely lacking.  How quickly some forget.

"Reports?"  So now we're all about how smart the media is?  :lol:  Yesterday I was listening to them opining about how Benford passed Elam, which is why he started...ignoring the fact that Elam literally never played zone in his entire college career, which is why Benford was clearly the best choice to play to get majority snaps in a game where the scheme was literally 100% zone.

I like how everyone pretends they know how internal football decisions are made at OBD and that Sean McDermott doesn't have final say over literally every &#%$ing thing that happens on game day.  What you are saying is nothing more than speculation based on what you want it fit your narrative.  I listened to the same nonsense when Roman got run outta town.

Daboll beat the KC Chiefs twice last season on the road, including putting together 2 TD drives in the final 2 minutes of the game.  How quickly YOU forget.

• Facepalm 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Gonna be a long season in Big D.

McCarthy is the first coach gone this year. The cowboys are an embarrassing mess in all facets (except Micah Parsons)

Edited by Sig1Hunter

7 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

McCarthy is the first coach gone this year. The cowboys are an embarrassing mess in all facets (except Micah Parsons)

It’s terrible.  I think Arizona is almost as hopeless.  They will be bad teams only.

5 hours ago, Core Four said:

Chargers look pretty good all around.  Them and KC will be hand fulls.

So I enjoyed spending time with you guys last fall and would imagine we will be in another epic battle at some point later in the season. Here are a couple thoughts from a Chiefs fan and Bills admirer:

1. The Chargers are good but their coach is an idiot and they often self destruct. We will find out on Thursday who will take early control.

2. Joe Burrow got knocked down a couple notches today. They have fixed nothing on their o-line. Pittsburghs D-line is probably the best in football, but he was awful today.

3.  Mahomes was on a mission today. 30-39 with 5 td’s. It was a clinic. The best I have seen him in a couple years. They could have put up 60. Funny with all his success, somehow he feels disrespected. Believe it or not I think Hills leaving made him better. No more chucking it up. He has to mature as a QB. The media is always trying to find the next big thing. Allen is the only QB I would take in his place and not feel we downgraded. They both play with a great heart. Herbert is second to those two. Burrow is a cocky punk with the best set of weapons.

finally the Bills are going to be really tough to beat. If we get you at home in the playoffs I think we can win, no way we beat you in Buffalo. In all sincerity I hope if we can’t win you guys do. But make sure you get it all.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 4

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Gonna be a long season in Big D.

I would not be surprised if I wake up tomorrow to find out Jerrah fired McCarthy.

He won't. But if he did, it wouldn't surprise me.

Zak is not the answer. If the team, as a whole, is lucky, Dak is out for five weeks, the 'Boys tank the season and Jerrah can draft a new QB next year, but damn...Zak SHOULD be better by now, but he's a white hot mess.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

If the team, as a whole, is lucky, Dak is out for five weeks, the 'Boys tank the season and Jerrah can draft a new QB next year, but damn...Zak SHOULD be better by now, but he's a white hot mess.

More like 6-8 weeks
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34576451/dallas-cowboys-qb-dak-prescott-hand-exits-amid-woeful-loss-tampa-bay-buccaneers

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Foxx said:

Are you down if your helmet hits the ground and you fumble before your arm touches?

Let's go to the video tape... and get Don Beebe's take on that.

• Cheers 2

11 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I would not be surprised if I wake up tomorrow to find out Jerrah fired McCarthy.

He won't. But if he did, it wouldn't surprise me.

Zak is not the answer. If the team, as a whole, is lucky, Dak is out for five weeks, the 'Boys tank the season and Jerrah can draft a new QB next year, but damn...Zak SHOULD be better by now, but he's a white hot mess.

He clearly doesn't trust his OLine or the remaining skill position players.

Jerruh just keeps running that franchise into the ground.

Lions Vs Eagles was fun. I did have fantasy assets playing (Hurts on all 3 of my teams) Sanders and Ara St Brown. Swift is the real deal and I think Hurts is only going to get better. Eagles have a nice O Line

Crap Throwing Clavin
15 minutes ago, Dante said:

Lions Vs Eagles was fun. I did have fantasy assets playing (Hurts on all 3 of my teams) Sanders and Ara St Brown. Swift is the real deal and I think Hurts is only going to get better. Eagles have a nice O Line

Swift was very good.

And it's "Amon-Ra St. Brown."  How can you forget that mix of Egyptian and Christian religion?  

49 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Swift was very good.

And it's "Amon-Ra St. Brown."  How can you forget that mix of Egyptian and Christian religion?  

I knew the spelling was probably wrong. Too lazy to check before I posted lol. His name does sound like some sort of ancient Egyptian king. Like a name from a old Mummy movie.

Edited by Dante
Add stuff

5 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

He clearly doesn't trust his OLine or the remaining skill position players.

Jerruh just keeps running that franchise into the ground.

They (the Joneses) do know talent however. Most of that roster, if not all, is drafted.

Crap Throwing Clavin
44 minutes ago, Dante said:

I knew the spelling was probably wrong. Too lazy to check before I posted lol. His name does sound like some sort of ancient Egyptian king. Like a name from a old Mummy movie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amun

Little known fact there, Dante: although Amun-Ra was the ancient Egyptian God of the sun, creation, and fertility, he was also worshiped by an obscure Theban cult as the god of route running out of the slot.  [/Clavin]

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Swift was very good.

And mix in a little Buddhism for his brother Equanimeous.