Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

General Game Day Thread Week 1 (2022)

Ann

The Guy In Pants

I wonder if Patrick Mahomes chief member ever gets tired of being passed around the lips of NFL commentators? I for one and tired of hearing his name. It's a Brady level now. At least they didn't have to get off their knees to go from Brady to Mahomes. 

Tired Cucumber - Drawception

• Haha 2

I’m not so sure hackett’s decision is as dumb as it appears on the surface. If you go for it and convert, you still  have to make what is likely a longer than gimme range field goal, so you’re weighing the odds of making a long field goal vs. the odds of converting 4th and 5 AND making a long field goal. If you know your kicker has the leg for a 64 yarder, the probability of making the 64 yarder may very well be greater than the odds of both converting 4th and 5 and making a 55-59 yarder. 

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
1 hour ago, Chandemonium said:

I’m not so sure hackett’s decision is as dumb as it appears on the surface. If you go for it and convert, you still  have to make what is likely a longer than gimme range field goal, so you’re weighing the odds of making a long field goal vs. the odds of converting 4th and 5 AND making a long field goal. If you know your kicker has the leg for a 64 yarder, the probability of making the 64 yarder may very well be greater than the odds of both converting 4th and 5 and making a 55-59 yarder. 

More than a minute left, with three timeouts in your pocket, just over 50 yards to the end zone, with one of the best quarterbacks in the game, who had been picking the Seahawks apart in the underneath passing game at the 5-7 yard range all night, with the ability to use the entire field.

Something that has been done 100’s of times.

vs.

Something that has only ever happened once in all of NFL history.

It was extremely bad coaching. Like, “he is probably now on the hot seat bad”.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 2
  • Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

More than a minute left, with three timeouts in your pocket, just over 50 yards to the end zone, with one of the best quarterbacks in the game, who had been picking the Seahawks apart in the underneath passing game at the 5-7 yard range all night, with the ability to use the entire field.

vs.

Hackett: No Wheelbarrow Necessary

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Applause 1

26 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

vs.

Yeah, that’s worse than I was thinking. I thought he had a lot less time left, but forgot that was because he intentionally ran the play clock down. Apparently Hackett and I were both half asleep at that point in the game. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

I wonder if Patrick Mahomes chief member ever gets tired of being passed around the lips of NFL commentators? I for one and tired of hearing his name. It's a Brady level now. At least they didn't have to get off their knees to go from Brady to Mahomes. 

Tired Cucumber - Drawception

Wait until JA17 wins a SB...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

Dude hit 9 different receivers, threw 5 TDs, and went 30/39 for almost 400 yards.

If that were Josh Allen, you'd be bogarting his member around the campfire.

Granted, that game was against a Cardinals team that has Fail Murray under center, but their defense is pretty good. And good quarterbacks hit those kinds of stats against struggling teams. Plus...look at the highlights. He hit a back corner endzone TD to Fortson, throwing off his back foot, that I thought was spectacular.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The Guy In Pants
8 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Dude hit 9 different receivers, threw 5 TDs, and went 30/39 for almost 400 yards.

Granted, that game was against a Cardinals team that has Fail Murray under center, but their defense is pretty good. And good quarterbacks hit those kinds of stats against struggling teams. Plus...look at the highlights. He hit a back corner endzone TD to Fortson, throwing off his back foot, that I thought was spectacular.

Not saying he’s not good lol because he clearly is 😂

• Like 1

Just now, The Guy In Pants said:

Not saying he’s not good lol because he clearly is 😂

I'm just saying he deserves the slobbery.

I'm probably more accepting of it because Allen is starting get some of that slobbery. And I dig it because suddenly Pats* fans are tired of hearing his name, and let's be honest, the only thing better than the Bills having a great quarterback with a great roster, is watching Pats* fans struggle with it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • FANtastic 2

8 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'm probably more accepting of it because Allen is starting get some of that slobbery. And I dig it because suddenly Pats* fans are tired of hearing his name, and let's be honest, the only thing better than the Bills having a great quarterback with a great roster, is watching Pats* fans struggle with it.

Yeah, Mahomes deserves the slobber. He's a great QB. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • FANtastic 2

23 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I don't think their defense is good.  They have great safeties and that's about it.

Mahomes is an awesome player.  No argument there.

• Like 2

The Guy In Pants
50 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'm just over here wanting all the slobber to be on the Bills and JA. Mahomes is a great QB and they'll always be saying "Josh Allen and the Bills lost to them twice" in the post season until we make it. What we really chap my ass is if Mahomes and the Chiefs end up being the ONLY reason we never make it. What a nightmare that would be

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I don't think their defense is good.  They have great safeties and that's about it.

Mahomes is an awesome player.  No argument there.

the often is better without Tyrek.

they don't have to force him the ball to keep from imploding

they have a lot of speed on offense that is going to create nightmares for DCs

watch for McKinnon to really break out