Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills @ Miami Dolphins: Week 3 Game Week Thread

Ann

30 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Looks like Poyer is out now too

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/09/25/jordan-poyer-is-out-for-the-bills-today-too/

Our whole backside is now "Next Man Up!" without the inside pressure we might need from Phillips and Oliver so I'm afraid this could be a Shootout at the Hard Rock Corral. Key is going to be if our interior line can't collapse the pocket, they have to get their hands up to deflect a few passes. Can we maybe play Lawson and Boogie inside a bit to help the pass rush? Maybe blitz a bit with Edmunds in particular? Can we maybe have Taron shadow wither Hill or Waddle?

Not quite.  Johnson is still starting at nickel.

And inside will get decent pressure as Jones and Settle should play and Basham might takes some snaps there as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Hyde was a very good CB/S in GB when he left for Buffalo.  Poyer was more of an unknown as he only had a handful of starts before he got here.

Hyse was a nickel back who started about half of the games his first four years and signed with us for a 6m per year deal.

Nothing about his profile coming to Buffalo said top 5 safety. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Hyse was a nickel back who started about half of the games his first four years and signed with us for a 6m per year deal.

Nothing about his profile coming to Buffalo said top 5 safety. 

Of course, knowing what we know now about how McDermott and Beane acquire talent, we know that they acquired him  in no small part for his ability to learn and improve.

That's what they look for in every player.  Anyone they sign has the potential to become top-5 at their position.

• Like 4

Just now, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Of course, knowing what we know now about how McDermott and Beane acquire talent, we know that they acquired him  in no small part for his ability to learn and improve.

That's what they look for in every player.  Anyone they sign has the potential to become top-5 at their position.

Yep! And I hope that their bet on the young guys at safety is proven wise. 

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

the periscope thing made me LOL. Also, how have I never made the connection between Tuna and Tua before?…

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Hysterical (NSFW: Language).

this is amazing. 

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Tarron Armstead saw this, ruled himself out, and started hitchhiking to Nawlins. 

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

I'm having my traditional Sunday morning pre-game pancakes, and have decided not to watch the game on line, but listen to the radio feed and watch NFL Red Zone, as is also tradition for 1pm games.

EmbellishedRadiantArmyant-size_restricte

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I'm having my traditional Sunday morning pre-game pancakes, and have decided not to watch the game on line, but listen to the radio feed and watch NFL Red Zone, as is also tradition for 1pm games.

EmbellishedRadiantArmyant-size_restricte

Dolphin unsafe tuna sandwich for lunch.