Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Trump

Foxx

2 hours ago, Joe Miner said:

Current state of the GOP

image.gif.2d12d86b75bc17fcf634cef456548b96.gif

Yup, and that ain't on Trump. Looks like one of the Mcs (McCarthy) is certainly staying in leadership. Let's see about the other two. Lee Zeldin is being talked up to take over for Ronna McDaniel.  That might help. But if Mitch is back in the Senate and controlling where that cash goes... no bueno.

Anyhoooo I am so glad Trump is running again. After two years of the Biden regime, I am ready for cheap gas, closed borders, and a great economy. 🙂  

Realistically? I have said it before. Until the GOP does something about voting, and GOTV in the purple states, no Republican is winning in 2024. 

28 minutes ago, Ann said:

Yup, and that ain't on Trump. Looks like one of the Mcs (McCarthy) is certainly staying in leadership. Let's see about the other two. Lee Zeldin is being talked up to take over for Ronna McDaniel.  That might help. But if Mitch is back in the Senate and controlling where that cash goes... no bueno.

Anyhoooo I am so glad Trump is running again. After two years of the Biden regime, I am ready for cheap gas, closed borders, and a great economy. 🙂  

Realistically? I have said it before. Until the GOP does something about voting, and GOTV in the purple states, no Republican is winning in 2024. 

Just as a heads up.

You're getting 4 more years of Democratic control.

Part Trump, part GOP, part Dem election methods.

• Boo 1

18 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

Just as a heads up.

You're getting 4 more years of Democratic control.

Part Trump, part GOP, part Dem election methods.

Did you miss this? Realistically? I have said it before. Until the GOP does something about voting, and GOTV in the purple states, no Republican is winning in 2024. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Did you miss this? Realistically? I have said it before. Until the GOP does something about voting, and GOTV in the purple states, no Republican is winning in 2024. 

Please excuse me if my assumption is incorrect.

The part I think you're missing is that it's not just a Dem election procedure issue.

Trump is part of the issue.  

All three problems have to be excised.

Billsandhorns
17 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

Please excuse me if my assumption is incorrect.

The part I think you're missing is that it's not just a Dem election procedure issue.

Trump is part of the issue.  

All three problems have to be excised.

In your opinion, Trump is part of the problem. From what I see There are quite a few people that do not agree with your assessment.

9 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

In your opinion, Trump is part of the problem. From what I see There are quite a few people that do not agree with your assessment.

So some Republicans like Trump and some don't.

Either the Republicans that don't like Trump are the issue or Trump is the issue.

Considering that the GOP needs all Republicans eager to vote in a unified manner in order to possibly win, which is the problem?  Also remember that it is not Trump's policies that have Republicans divided, but Trump's personality and behavior.  Policies aren't dividing Republicans, Trump's behavior is. 

Trump is part of the problem. It's not a question. Why are democrats able to win?  Candidates don't matter, policies and party do.  Trump breaks the party, even those in the party that agree with his policies.

GOP leadership to support candidates acrid the board is also a problem, along with GOP inability to unify on the messages the voters need to hear.

The GOP has problems. Trump is one of them.  His actions and behavior are dividing the party and are a distraction to delivering a unified and effective message to the voters.

• Boo 2

3 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

So some Republicans like Trump and some don't.

Either the Republicans that don't like Trump are the issue or Trump is the issue.

Considering that the GOP needs all Republicans eager to vote in a unified manner in order to possibly win, which is the problem?  Also remember that it is not Trump's policies that have Republicans divided, but Trump's personality and behavior.  Policies aren't dividing Republicans, Trump's behavior is. 

Trump is part of the problem. It's not a question. Why are democrats able to win?  Candidates don't matter, policies and party do.  Trump breaks the party, even those in the party that agree with his policies.

GOP leadership to support candidates acrid the board is also a problem, along with GOP inability to unify on the messages the voters need to hear.

The GOP has problems. Trump is one of them.  His actions and behavior are dividing the party and are a distraction to delivering a unified and effective message to the voters.

There is a huge number of people who will only vote for Trump, and not an establishment politician.  The party is divided into establishment squishes who follow orders from top donors and voters who want what is best for America. There is definitely a fight going on for control of the Republican party.  

"Trump's behavior" makes me laugh. "That's not who we are!" is why the uniparty has been so successful. The thing I like best about Trump? He fights for the American people. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Ann said:

There is a huge number of people who will only vote for Trump, and not an establishment politician.  The party is divided into establishment squishes who follow orders from top donors and voters who want what is best for America. There is definitely a fight going on for control of the Republican party.  

"Trump's behavior" makes me laugh. "That's not who we are!" is why the uniparty has been so successful. The thing I like best about Trump? He fights for the American people. 

That's a very Trumpian way if looking at it.

Desantis was a Trump candidate 4 years ago when Trump apparently carried him over the line.  Now he's an establishment guy because Paul Ryan is supporting him.

So GOP candidates are either establishment or Trump based upon who supports them?  Not based on what they do or how they perform?

Examples:

You wanna throw Lindsey Graham out because he's a proven squish because of his record and performance, that seems logical.

You want to throw Desantis out because he accepted support from Paul Ryan despite being one of the best GOP/conservative performers in the past 4 years seems ludicrous.

This is a foolish way to support candidates and win elections.

As long as Republicans continue to try to unify around individuals instead of party, they will lose. 

Trump's narcissism forces that point of unification to himself and not the party.  Republicans will lose as long as they allow this to happen.  Which might not have been a big deal 30 years ago, because once upon a time a party won and loss and took it in stride. But if you haven't noticed Democrats are now succeeding in using Republican division in order to eliminate Republicans as a party entirely.

• Cheers 1

Billsandhorns

I could care less who supports a politician. I care about policy and actually getting the job done. 

Getting America back to what it should be.

Regardless of how anyone feels about how Trump acts or conducts himself. There is no denying that he got the job done. 

Can DeSantis do that on a National and International level. I have no idea. 

I honestly would vote for either one. 

The people dividing the Republican party are McConnell and the like that feel the MAGA , Tea Party or any other faction that will not just fall in line behind their agenda.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

That's a very Trumpian way if looking at it.

Desantis was a Trump candidate 4 years ago when Trump apparently carried him over the line.  Now he's an establishment guy because Paul Ryan is supporting him.

So GOP candidates are either establishment or Trump based upon who supports them?  Not based on what they do or how they perform?

Examples:

You wanna throw Lindsey Graham out because he's a proven squish because of his record and performance, that seems logical.

You want to throw Desantis out because he accepted support from Paul Ryan despite being one of the best GOP/conservative performers in the past 4 years seems ludicrous.

This is a foolish way to support candidates and win elections.

As long as Republicans continue to try to unify around individuals instead of party, they will lose. 

Trump's narcissism forces that point of unification to himself and not the party.  Republicans will lose as long as they allow this to happen.  Which might not have been a big deal 30 years ago, because once upon a time a party won and loss and took it in stride. But if you haven't noticed Democrats are now succeeding in using Republican division in order to eliminate Republicans as a party entirely.

I voted for DeSantis last week. 🙂  

"Trump's narcissism"!? You do realize that everyone who runs for a higher is a bit of a narcissist. You'd have to be in order to think, "Millions will vote for ME!" not to mention "I know what is best" (too many) or "I can turn this around" (not enough).

I get it. You like Trump's policies but do not like the man. Only you can determine if you prefer a better life or "no more mean tweets." For myself? No contest. At this point I do not care about his personality, I care about his policies. I especially do not care about the "msm" and establishment's manufactured drama. 

If the Democrats are successful due to Republican division, then I'd advise the GOPe/establishment to get behind Trump. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Ann said:

"Trump's narcissism"!? You do realize that everyone who runs for a higher is a bit of a narcissist. You'd have to be in order to think, "Millions will vote for ME!" not to mention "I know what is best" (too many) or "I can turn this around" (not enough).

I get it. You like Trump's policies but do not like the man. Only you can determine if you prefer a better life or "no more mean tweets." For myself? No contest. At this point I do not care about his personality, I care about his policies. I especially do not care about the "msm" and establishment's manufactured drama. 

If the Democrats are successful due to Republican division, then I'd advise the GOPe/establishment to get behind Trump. 

So individual over party.

Enjoy losing to dead men and stroke victims.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

Enjoy losing to dead men and stroke victims.

And why does that happen? 🙂 PSA, that answer is not "Trump." 

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
7 minutes ago, Ann said:

It's not just "mean tweets", it's his inability to accept any sort of criticism or being outshined.  He will tear down anyone who even remotely challenges him and the party.

5 minutes ago, Ann said:

And why does that happen? 🙂 PSA, that answer is not "Trump." 

Party over individual.

Which is the exact opposite of Trump.

Billsandhorns
6 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

Party over individual.

Which is the exact opposite of Trump.

Country over party. 

Which is the exact opposite of Democrats and most establishment Repubs. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1