Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

General Game Day Thread Week 14 (2022)

Foxx

2 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Jets Took Mike White to hospital for X-rays for broken ribs and internal injuries.  Sala is a scum bag.  Risks a guy's health for trying win.  Shameful!

I guarantee White told him he could go.  Let's not jump to a conclusion on something that was going to happen whether he came back into the game or not.

4 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I guarantee White told him he could go.  Let's not jump to a conclusion on something that was going to happen whether he came back into the game or not.

I have no doubt White said he felt like he could go back into the game

My question is what did the Jets medical staff say?  You don't let somebody finish playing then go to the hospital "as a precaution".   If there's a problem you should kinda go to the hospital first

• O Rly 1
  • FANtastic 2

1 minute ago, devnull said:

My question is what did the Jets medical staff say?  You don't let somebody finish playing then go to the hospital "as a precaution".   If there's a problem you should kinda go to the hospital first

He also took some shots after he came back.  No one knows what really happens and here's a news flash:  Plenty of players play through stuff and go to the docs after football games (you think Josh Allen wasn't hurt when he threw that 70 yarder against the Jets in NYC?).  It's part of the sport and always has been.

Adrenaline is a thing.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin

And didn't we have this discussion with Tua?  Part of the responsibilities of the staff is to know when to say "No you can't" when the player says "I can go."

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 2

1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

And didn't we have this discussion with Tua?  Part of the responsibilities of the staff is to know when to say "No you can't" when the player says "I can go."

While I don't really disagree there's a large difference between a player who doesn't have a head injury making a decision versus a player who has one.  I don't think there's a protocol for non-team doctors and non-head injuries.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

He also took some shots after he came back.  No one knows what really happens and here's a news flash:  Plenty of players play through stuff and go to the docs after football games.  It's part of the sport and always has been.

Adrenaline is a thing.

So are methamphetamines

So are methamphetamines

I'm not sure if you're trying to make a real point but this is a gladiatorial sport.  The players and fans both know the risks.

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

While I don't really disagree there's a large difference between a player who doesn't have a head injury making a decision versus a player who has one.  I don't think there's a protocol for non-team doctors and non-head injuries.

Fair point, and it is harder for the coach and medical staffs on the spot to make an informed judgement as to whether or not a player has a lacerated spleen.  

But Jesus...at least put an RB in to help block.  White was getting &#%$ed up back there as badly as I've ever seen.

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

They pretty clearly said he could play.

Of course, being the Jets medical staff, it's equally likely they said "Do you want fries with that?"

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm not sure if you're trying to make a real point but this is a gladiatorial sport.  The players and fans both know the risks.

My point is that White was likely given something for the pain.

Such medications have been known to impair judgement.

Just now, devnull said:

My point is that White was likely given something for the pain.

Such medications have been known to impair judgement.

We're on to the Fish.   :lol:

3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Fair point, and it is harder for the coach and medical staffs on the spot to make an informed judgement as to whether or not a player has a lacerated spleen.  

But Jesus...at least put an RB in to help block.  White was getting &#%$ed up back there as badly as I've ever seen.

They "mostly" used six and the BILLS never (that I remember) sent more than 5.  They just made some terrible assignment decisions.  The BILLS had the same issue when Williams was in the game.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
11 minutes ago, devnull said:

The medical guys told Josh he’d need to be out for 2-4 weeks after sustaining his elbow injury.

He finished that game (albeit just a couple more plays), including rifling a 50ish(?) yarder that Gabe Davis dropped.

He’s not supposed to be playing. He’s on a 4 game winning streak.

Everyone but Sammy Watkins plays hurt, and the real Dogs play injured.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

He finished that game (albeit just a couple more plays), including rifling a 50ish(?) yarder that Gabe Davis droppe

Throw was over 70 yards in the air.  Longest throw in the NFL this season.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
5 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Throw was over 70 yards in the air.  Longest throw in the NFL this season.

Was it really?

That’s some wild stuff.

F1158217-C2D0-41B3-9EA6-5B612EBEAD83.jpeg

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

The medical guys told Josh he’d need to be out for 2-4 weeks after sustaining his elbow injury.

He finished that game (albeit just a couple more plays), including rifling a 50ish(?) yarder that Gabe Davis dropped.

He’s not supposed to be playing. He’s on a 4 game winning streak.

Everyone but Sammy Watkins plays hurt, and the real Dogs play injured.

Everyone's injured to some degree at this point in the year.

But not all injuries are equal.  There's a difference between Allen shaking numbness out of his hand because he took a shot near his ulnar nerve, and White writing in pain on the ground after Milano folds him in half and throws him two yards in the air.  

• Like 1