Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills @ Bengals - The Aftermath - Week #17 '22 [Say a Prayer for Damar Hamlin Please] [Back in Buffalo!] [Fully Cleared, Working out with the team!] [Full Go at Training Camp] [Played Today!] [Made the 2023 Team!] [Playing Today!] Comeback POTY

Foxx

9 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

"We" = Me and Darin.

I get it all the time.  Every since I asked Cindy, after she lost her uncle, if she had looked under the couch.

Oh I see. Sorry sensitive here I saw a post by some dolphin nut that said the bills were not going to win Super Bowl anyway. This was said after all this. Made me piping mad because inappropriate and who cares right now about superbowl talks. Hope you understand 

Edited by Rochesterny
  • Like 5

Alaska Darin
18 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

"We" = Me and Darin.

I get it all the time.  Every since I asked Cindy, after she lost her uncle, if she had looked under the couch.

Having a dark sense of humor is a scientifically-proven sign of high intelligence.  It is what it is and I'm tired of apologizing for it.

• Like 1

Hamlin’s true heart has nothing wrong with it.

Let’s hope and pray his physical heart matches up at the end of this incident.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Just a quick word to set the record straight on AEDs and CPR. While I'm not a medical professional of course, I've trained and renew my first aid/CPR certification for years. While CPR procedures seem to change almost every class (cert is good for 2 years) the use of AEDs in this case hasn't and is the constant in all this.

First, unlike you see on TV, you cannot use an (AED) automated external defibrillator to shock a heart that has stopped into working again. That is where the (CPR) cardiopulmonary resuscitation comes in. 

You see, your heartbeat is controlled by electrical impulses sent to it by the brain. I think it was @Crap Throwing Clavin last night who mentioned he thought it could be commotio cordis that has caused the issue for Hamlin and the more we hear, the more that sounds like it is highly likely. What that is caused by is usually a very hard or quick blow to the chest, just above the heart though i saw one once to the back as well. That blow upsets the rhythm of those impulses causing the heart to kind of panic as if not knowing what to do. People can, and do die from this without almost immediate medical help and this is what you do if you sense no or very weak pulse....

First person takes charge and begins CPR sending the next for an AED. They will be used together to help stabilize the person. The AED is applied, pads go left side near the armpit, right side near the bottom ribcage. The automated part of the AED is important and helpful as it will monitor the electrical pulses from the brain to the heart. Again, it will not start a stopped heart again, but it is used to try to stabilize, or shock the heart into a more stable pattern again. 

Once it is hooked up and working, it will actually tell you when to stop, and back off to test the patient. If a shock is required, it will count down for you to give everyone working on them time to back away before you hit the button and give a shock. Then it's back to CPR. This  will usually continue until they determine (medical professionals, not first aid certified) they are stable enough to transport to the hospital where they have more procedures to keep the patient stable.

Hope that helps to understand a little better what we saw on the field last night and ease some of the panic the terms AED and CPR bring about

• Like 3
  • Cheers 4

Chandemonium
56 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I had nightmares about this a good portion of the night.  I don't know that I've been this shook up by an event since 9/11.

I kept dreaming that I woke up to news that he had passed, which would actually wake me up just enough for me to realize that I was sleeping and hadn’t checked the news yet, then I would fall asleep again and the cycle would repeat itself. By the time I woke up for the day I knew I had been dreaming all that, but I still had to check to make sure it wasn’t real. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Just a quick word to set the record straight on AEDs and CPR. While I'm not a medical professional of course, I've trained and renew my first aid/CPR certification for years. While CPR procedures seem to change almost every class (cert is good for 2 years) the use of AEDs in this case hasn't and is the constant in all this.

First, unlike you see on TV, you cannot use an (AED) automated external defibrillator to shock a heart that has stopped into working again. That is where the (CPR) cardiopulmonary resuscitation comes in. 

You see, your heartbeat is controlled by electrical impulses sent to it by the brain. I think it was @Crap Throwing Clavin last night who mentioned he thought it could be commotio cordis that has caused the issue for Hamlin and the more we hear, the more that sounds like it is highly likely. What that is caused by is usually a very hard or quick blow to the chest, just above the heart though i saw one once to the back as well. That blow upsets the rhythm of those impulses causing the heart to kind of panic as if not knowing what to do. People can, and do die from this without almost immediate medical help and this is what you do if you sense no or very weak pulse....

First person takes charge and begins CPR sending the next for an AED. They will be used together to help stabilize the person. The AED is applied, pads go left side near the armpit, right side near the bottom ribcage. The automated part of the AED is important and helpful as it will monitor the electrical pulses from the brain to the heart. Again, it will not start a stopped heart again, but it is used to try to stabilize, or shock the heart into a more stable pattern again. 

Once it is hooked up and working, it will actually tell you when to stop, and back off to test the patient. If a shock is required, it will count down for you to give everyone working on them time to back away before you hit the button and give a shock. Then it's back to CPR. This  will usually continue until they determine (medical professionals, not first aid certified) they are stable enough to transport to the hospital where they have more procedures to keep the patient stable.

Hope that helps to understand a little better what we saw on the field last night and ease some of the panic the terms AED and CPR bring about

Commotio cordis was one of my first thoughts...but I don't think I brought it up immediately, because I was in absolutely no mood to speculate.  

Crap Throwing Clavin
9 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Having a dark sense of humor is a scientifically-proven sign of high intelligence.  It is what it is and I'm tired of apologizing for it.

It's also a scientifically demonstrated to contribute to survival in crisis situations.  Basically, when you're joking about a tragedy, you have to be analyzing it to some degree, and aren't just victimized by it.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Commotio cordis was one of my first thoughts...but I don't think I brought it up immediately, because I was in absolutely no mood to speculate.  

I stand corrected, I see after a quick search @IDBillzFan first mentioned it though you did comment on it so that stuck to my memory.

• Like 1

As his charity nears $4M in donations, the page has been updated:

This fundraiser was initially established to support a toy drive for Damar’s community, sponsored by the Chasing M’s Foundation.

However, it has received renewed support in light of Damar’s current battle and we can’t thank all of you enough. Your generosity and compassion mean the world to us.

If you would like to show your support and contribute to Damar’s community initiatives and his current fight, this is the place to do so. This is the only current fund that is being used by the Hamlin Family.

Again, thank you for your thoughts, prayers and generous support during this time.

Damar created The Chasing M’s Foundation to use as a vehicle to bring lasting impact to his community. The foundation supports toy drives, back-to-school drives, kids camps, and more.

• Love 2