Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

BILLS 2023/24 Season Official Thread

Alaska Darin

Deranged Rhino

Chiefs fans on Twitter thinking they're getting D-Hop and Chase Young. :classic_laugh: 

If that happens, the league could never again pretend the salary cap is a real thing.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:classic_laugh: No idea what this source is, just posting because it's always hilarious to watch people play detective at this time of year. 

I like it.  Who needs defense when you can score 49 each week?  

• Like 1

SquirminThurman
19 hours ago, B-Man said:

No, I don't want him.

I agree, but I think we are part of a very small group.

No need to put the entire 2013 draft together with my star QB.

DHop only has any production at this point in his career because of his high volume of targets.

He will be 31 when the season starts. Was busted for PEDs and has started getting injured. Big no thank you.

19 games combined over the past two seasons.

IMO Buffalo needed to get a legitimate slot guy to replace the Bease, not an outside guy to replace Davis.

Last year Davis had 93 targets, DHOP had 96.

Davis had 100+ more yards, more than double the TDs, a much higher YPC average and the same number of first downs generated compared to DHOP.

But hey we can get worse than we already have for only $19 million and draft picks! Wow! Sign me up.

NOT

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, SquirminThurman said:

I agree, but I think we are part of a very small group.

No need to put the entire 2013 draft together with my star QB.

DHop only has any production at this point in his career because of his high volume of targets.

He will be 31 when the season starts. Was busted for PEDs and has started getting injured. Big no thank you.

19 games combined over the past two seasons.

IMO Buffalo needed to get a legitimate slot guy to replace the Bease, not an outside guy to replace Davis.

Last year Davis had 93 targets, DHOP had 96.

Davis had 100+ more yards, more than double the TDs, a much higher YPC average and the same number of first downs generated compared to DHOP.

But hey we can get worse than we already have for only $19 million and draft picks! Wow! Sign me up.

NOT

If they trade for Hopkins I’m going to hate it until we win it all. 

• Cheers 2

29 minutes ago, snafu said:

Doubt it happens.  Most of the published rumor stories read like click bait.  

• Like 4

Deranged Rhino
1 hour ago, snafu said:

It all comes down to the cost. 

His cap number doesn’t bother me (because the cap isn’t real) - but trading a day one or day two pick for him would. A swap of picks, I’d be okay with. Or a late round plus a conditional one next year. 

I admit I’m biased though as I came to really like Hopkins watching him on the inside the Cardinals series (forget the name) last year. His mom’s story is crazy. She’d love Buffalo. 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It all comes down to the cost. 

His cap number doesn’t bother me (because the cap isn’t real) - but trading a day one or day two pick for him would. A swap of picks, I’d be okay with. Or a late round plus a conditional one next year. 

I admit I’m biased though as I came to really like Hopkins watching him on the inside the Cardinals series (forget the name) last year. His mom’s story is crazy. She’d love Buffalo. 

I didn't watch that show.  Hopkins' personality has sort of grown on me since he came into the league.

But I don't like that he's missed significant time.

The Bills can't use a pick on him -- you're right.  Because if they give up a first or second, then they might as well draft the best WR available and save the Hopkins money to upgrade OL and DL.

• Like 4

SquirminThurman
15 hours ago, Ann said:

Interesting

I agree. What is the actual difference between Kincaid and a 'big WR3' or Rapp (SS) and Milano (LB)?

The rules favor it.

I know a few guys I like in this draft that fit this situation! 🤭

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

This would be an impressive prediction.

I mean, not as impressive as saying the Bills will pick Dorian Williams, because that was generational Nostradamus-like shit in all its clairvoyance beauty, but still....

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

This would be an impressive prediction.

I mean, not as impressive as saying the Bills will pick Dorian Williams, because that was generational Nostradamus-like shit in all its clairvoyance beauty, but still....

You'd have to be insane to think any 5th rounder you can get in this draft is going to be short term better than D-Hop.

• Cheers 2

12 hours ago, Ann said:

AJ Klein, Terrel Bernard, Baylon Spector, and Tyrel Dodson will all compete for the Mike starting job.

No Williams?

• O Rly 1
  • Wow 1