Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

BILLS 2023/24 Season Official Thread

Alaska Darin

43 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I would *much* rather see him added to the team, over DHop, if it comes down to just 1 of them.

• Cheers 3

'Humbled' Shane Ray hopes to complete four-year NFL comeback with Bills

Shane Ray considers his final two years with the Denver Broncos and the two pandemic years after to be the hardest of his life.

The pass-rusher, drafted at No. 23 out of Missouri in 2015, had a promising start in the NFL. He was part of the Broncos team that won Super Bowl 50, and he had his most productive season in Year 2, with eight sacks and 21 quarterback hits. But he suffered a left wrist injury during training camp in 2017 that led to four surgeries and helped derail his career. Ray played 19 games with the Broncos over his final two seasons, but they did not re-sign him at the end of his rookie deal.

“Mentally, physically not feeling like me. Feeling beaten up, feeling torn down by media, feeling, you know, just everything,” Ray said. “I felt like I wasn't me anymore, and I had no value ... and people that I thought were gonna help me through the process ended up fading away, and now it's only me and my mom, and the other close people to me, believing in me."

While his career went off track, Ray was living with stress and nervous breakdowns with his temper getting “out of control,” as he described it. He had to learn, with the help of counseling, not to worry about what others thought of him or their expectations.

</snip>

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

Robs House

I'm curious to see what Floyd does in this defense. He put up consistently mediocre numbers in Chicago before taking it up a notch in LA. Did he figure it out or did he just benefit from playing with a stacked DL?

Time will tell.

Alaska Darin
2 hours ago, Robs House said:

I'm curious to see what Floyd does in this defense. He put up consistently mediocre numbers in Chicago before taking it up a notch in LA. Did he figure it out or did he just benefit from playing with a stacked DL?

Time will tell.

Position change.  He was used mostly as an off ball LBer in Chicago, which honestly is a bit weird given his length.  The Rams used him almost exclusively as an edge, which he's clearly suited for.  He's a wicked good athlete off either side and his long arms make him an effective edge setter.  Last season he was good even when AD99 was off the field.

He's going to be a nice rotational player who will put a ton of pressure on Basham/AJ to up their game, to say nothing of allowing the BILLS to keep VM40 on the shelf until at least week 6 so he can be ready when we need him most.

• Like 4

NFL Network analyst Daniel Jeremiah joined One Bills Live to discuss the reported addition of Leonard Floyd to the Bills and why he’s developed his game into a well-rounded, dynamic edge defender. Jeremiah shared his thoughts on Ed Oliver's contract extension and the aggressiveness he believes Sean McDermott will bring to the defense. He discussed the changes with the wide receiver group, how that will affect the offense in 2023 and the Bills selection of TE Dalton Kincaid in this year's draft. 

Daniel Jeremiah: "Buffalo's A Pretty Darn Good Place To Go" | One Bills Live | Buffalo Bills

• Like 2
  • Applause 1