Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

BILLS 2023/24 Season Official Thread

Alaska Darin

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I look forward to him being releases, signed to the practice squad, promoted, released, and resigned again this season.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I look forward to him being releases, signed to the practice squad, promoted, released, and resigned again this season.

That's about right based on his abilities.  

Sig1Hunter
8 hours ago, Ninety-4 said:

That's about right based on his abilities.  

Ok, I’ll bite. 

Based on what each has shown in their time in a Bills uni, I’ll take Dean on the field over Damar. 

Blasphemous, I know..

• Like 1

Shane Ray finds a new chance with Buffalo Bills: 'I couldn't quit no matter what'

Shane Ray was young and the hour was late, but he remembers the scene clearly. He was around 11 years old and had just moved to a smaller apartment in Kansas City, a financial necessity for him and his mom.

One night around 2 a.m., Ray woke up. He heard rustling and snuck out of his room.

“I kind of peek, and I'm seeing my mom. And she's just super emotional, crying a little bit, but she's working,” Ray said. “That moment is just like burned into my memory. And I just remember like, my mom never quit. She never gave up.”

</snip>

Ray, who turned 30 on Thursday, was picked 23rd overall in the 2015 draft by the Broncos. He won a Super Bowl with Denver as a rookie. Then came the wrist injuries. The multiple surgeries. An option declined in Denver and a roster cut in Baltimore. Two years in Canada after the years without any team at all.

A total of 1,607 days after his most recent NFL snap, eight years after he was a first-round pick, and two decades after absorbing his mom’s determination, Ray has found himself another chance.

The Buffalo Bills signed Ray, a defensive end, on May 13, after he participated in the Bills’ rookie minicamp on a tryout basis. He knows the gravity of the moment.

“Just based off the stats, four years out of the league, you're not coming back,” Ray said. “And people don't expect you to come back.”

</snip>

• Cheers 2
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Ok, I’ll bite. 

Based on what each has shown in their time in a Bills uni, I’ll take Dean on the field over Damar. 

Blasphemous, I know..

Maybe.  Damar isn't a starter yet, and may never be.  I just remember Dean getting schooled at times when he was in there late in the year.  

• Like 2

Alaska Darin
15 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

Maybe.  Damar isn't a starter yet, and may never be.  I just remember Dean getting schooled at times when he was in there late in the year.  

At this point DM kinda is what he is - a solid backup.  Hamlin is still a baby whose biggest weakness is inexperience but his willingness to throw send messages with his hitting is something we haven't had much of elsewhere in the defense by players not named Milano.

• Like 1

Sig1Hunter
46 minutes ago, Ann said:

Ouch

He’s not wrong, at all. The team has a habit - for whatever reason - of crumbling at crunch time.

• Cheers 1