Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2023 NFL Quarterback Carousel

B-Man

Crap Throwing Clavin

I predict that the Jets will let Flacco go, resign him, sign another QB, and bench everyone for Mike White.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I predict that the Jets will let Flacco go, resign him, sign another QB, and bench everyone for Mike White.

If Saleh resigns Flacco, he should be fired on the spot. If anyone hires Flacco, they should be fired on the spot.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

If Saleh resigns Flacco, he should be fired on the spot. If anyone hires Flacco, they should be fired on the spot.

Yes. Flacco is flaccid. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Yes. Flacco is flaccid. 

Flacco's nickname at the height of his career was Average Joe

At this point, calling him Average Joe would be a compliment

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Foxx said:

Which spot?

Miami — Depending on Tua’s health, they might be shopping

Jets — do not have a starter on their roster

Ravens — I can see Lamar getting the franchise tag

Colts — do not have a capable starter on their roster

Texans — will they stick with Davis Mills?

Titans — I don’t know what Tannehill’s contract status is, but they don’t seem to miss him

Raiders — look to be moving on from Carr

Commanders — Heineke is their best option, but he’s a FA and will probably go somewhere else 

Green Bay — Rodgers might actually hang it up

Lions — could do worse than Goff

Tampa Bay — Brady’s name keeps coming up at other locations

Saints — have no capable starter on their roster

Panthers — have no capable starter on their roster

Falcons — who’s their QB anyhow?

Rams — will Stafford come back? What about Baker?

49ers — Garropolo is probably gone.

That’s 16 teams who need or may have changes at QB next season.

Wow.  Half the league.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, snafu said:

Miami — Depending on Tua’s health, they might be shopping

Jets — do not have a starter on their roster

Ravens — I can see Lamar getting the franchise tag

Colts — do not have a capable starter on their roster

Texans — will they stick with Davis Mills?

Titans — I don’t know what Tannehill’s contract status is, but they don’t seem to miss him

Raiders — look to be moving on from Carr

Commanders — Heineke is their best option, but he’s a FA and will probably go somewhere else 

Green Bay — Rodgers might actually hang it up

Lions — could do worse than Goff

Tampa Bay — Brady’s name keeps coming up at other locations

Saints — have no capable starter on their roster

Panthers — have no capable starter on their roster

Falcons — who’s their QB anyhow?

Rams — will Stafford come back? What about Baker?

49ers — Garropolo is probably gone.

That’s 16 teams who need or may have changes at QB next season.

Wow.  Half the league.

I might argue that the Bears, who find themselves at the top of the draft, if they are being diligent, should consider moving on from Fields. As exciting as he is and even with the growth he displayed this past year, the top QB's in this draft might have the higher ceiling and thus put them in a better position years from now. But... they probably won't.

4 hours ago, Foxx said:

I might argue that the Bears, who find themselves at the top of the draft, if they are being diligent, should consider moving on from Fields. As exciting as he is and even with the growth he displayed this past year, the top QB's in this draft might have the higher ceiling and thus put them in a better position years from now. But... they probably won't.

It seems the Bears like him a lot, even though he’s kind of fragile for the style he plays.  

I think a lot of O-Line and WR help is what the Bears need (as well as a defense). I think they’ll trade out of #1 to get more picks and surround him with better talent. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Matt Ryan wisely has no plans to retire

</snip>

Via Zak Keefer of TheAthletic.com, Ryan told reporters on Monday that he has no immediate plans to call it a career.

“Listen, I’m under contract, and until that changes, you kind of go to work,” Ryan said.

Ryan has $12 million in fully-guaranteed salary for 2023. If he retires, he doesn’t get it. If he’s cut, he does.

And he’ll be cut. Before March 17, well before there’s any work to go to. That day, another $17.2 million in full guarantees vest.

</snip>

• Like 1

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/12/derek-carr-should-refuse-to-accept-a-trade-by-the-raiders/

The question now becomes whether he’ll be traded or released. The answer should be easy. Carr should be released, after making it clear to the team that he’ll do nothing to cooperate with any effort to trade him.

He has a no-trade clause. If they ask him before February 15 whether he’ll waive it, he should refuse to do so. Actually, he should refuse to even answer the question.

Why would he want to be traded? Some would say that’s the only way he’ll get his $40.4 million in guarantees. But that’s wrong. Any team that would assume Carr’s contract and give the Raiders value for it would pay Carr at least that much as a free agent. A new team would pay him more if they didn’t have to send a draft pick or a player or both or whatever to get Carr.

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Where will he end up  ?

I mean how many needy places can he go to get the championship he wants to quench that fire? Miami? TB?