Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Ohio train crash, and following ecological disaster

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Nouseforaname said:

As someone who just binged the last 5 seasons of the circle, I resent that.

Oh my God...they killed you too!

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

3 derailments in just the past few days now. I don't know enough about the subject to know if that's a lot or not. But it seems like a lot. 

The timing seems curious. Sabotage? 

Is good old fashioned Democratic incompetence considered sabotage?

• I don't know 1
  • Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Sure, Norfolk Southern and Netflix conspired to derail five tanker cars of vinyl chloride...because.

I know how they did it, too.  They warped the rails with HAARP.

Of course, HAARP is in Alaska, so they'd have to reflect the radio waves of something...like balloons. 

&#%$in' lizard people...

13 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

And then we stop paying attention because we're all suddenly enamored with the next batshitcrazy thing happening, only this time it's like a production of Independence Day meets Mars Attacks meets The Party Supply Store.

I'd... actually watch that. @Deranged Rhino, get it made!

Crap Throwing Clavin
15 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

3 derailments in just the past few days now. I don't know enough about the subject to know if that's a lot or not. But it seems like a lot. 

The timing seems curious. Sabotage? 

It's not a lot.  The country averages about three derailments a day.  

Most aren't as severe as East Palestine.  Which is why you never hear of them.

23 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Is good old fashioned Democratic incompetence considered sabotage?

Not sure but nobody can argue with Authentic frontier gibberish. 

For when you can't argue with that - Album on Imgur

Edited by Fansince88

15 hours ago, Ann said:

It took a Mayor Pete screw up to get Fox News to report on it, and even then the article was not about the derailment but about how he ignored the derailment while arguing that few black men work in the rail industry.

It's too bad a Republican isn't in the WH so this town can get the proper attention needed.

Hey folks...you'll never guess who was responsible for the Ohio train derailment!

Mayor Pete: This was Trump's fault.

Buttigieg noted Tuesday evening that his agency had taken a series of steps to improve rail safety through "historic investments," but said it was constrained by the Trump administration action. In 2018, the Department of Transportation (DOT) withdrew a rule proposed three years earlier requiring trains carrying certain dangerous chemicals to utilize electronically controlled pneumatic (ECP) brakes, saying the technology's benefits were inconclusive.

• Facepalm 3
  • Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Hey folks...you'll never guess who was responsible for the Ohio train derailment!

Mayor Pete: This was Trump's fault.

Please, someone explain to me how a moving train is prevented from derailing cause by a broken axle, with better brakes?  "Oh shit, ten cars are off the rails!  We'd better stop!"  That's not how braking works.

But at least the Secretary of Transportation finally got around to commenting on the transportation disaster...twelve days later.  :facepalm:

• Cheers 2