Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What's visiting your yard?

Mahoney

RochesterRob
On 6/15/2023 at 6:37 PM, Ann said:

The other way around, the green one is originally from Cuba. How did they hitch a ride to the US? 

With Castro's boat people.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Big hunk of my neighbor's tree visited my yard today. 

It was well-placed.  No injuries or property damage.

• Wow 2
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

On 6/15/2023 at 9:36 PM, Fansince88 said:

4 1/2 foot long Rat Snake.....well 4 foot now.

They are a protected species in MA. Had one that was about 10 ft long. My FIL said they used to be all over Cape Cod when he was a kid. 

• Angry 1

We’ve had red tail hawks, rabbits, turkeys, deer, coyotes, and black spotted-salamanders. can’t locate my photo, so I snagged this off the intarsweb.  
084-1600x1071.jpg

• Wow 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Nanker said:

We’ve had red tail hawks, rabbits, turkeys, deer, coyotes, and black spotted-salamanders. can’t locate my photo, so I snagged this off the intarsweb.  
084-1600x1071.jpg

If Geico's marketing department had any sense, they'd put this in a "bizarro Geico" ad.

"Beware imposters..."

CarpetCrawler
On 7/21/2023 at 6:38 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

If Geico's marketing department had any sense, they'd put this in a "bizarro Geico" ad.

"Beware imposters..."

I can see it now, from reptile to amphibian.....that's about as trans as it gets.

On 7/21/2023 at 6:38 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

"Beware imposters..."

If Geicos marketing department had any balls, they'd make a switching insurance commercial with Baker Mayfield

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Keukasmallie

image.thumb.jpeg.32bb53a5831d48200db394da7041abc0.jpeg

My son lives in Santa Barbara, CA.  This was on his trail camera in late June.  He lives in a residential area backing up to a ravine coming down from the mountains.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, Keukasmallie said:

image.thumb.jpeg.32bb53a5831d48200db394da7041abc0.jpeg

My son lives in Santa Barbara, CA.  This was on his trail camera in late June.  He lives in a residential area backing up to a ravine coming down from the mountains.

Looks skinny.

Keukasmallie
51 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Looks skinny.

Probably why it was roaming into "town" looking for a canine, feline, or.... for dinner.  My son notified the CA wildlife officials, but hasn't heard back.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Keukasmallie said:

Probably why it was roaming into "town" looking for a canine, feline, or.... for dinner.  My son notified the CA wildlife officials, but hasn't heard back.

Probably because they haven't found a Republican to feed to it yet.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin

No pic, as it went by too quickly, but I just saw a hummingbird out my office window.  Never seen any hummingbird before.

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

No pic, as it went by too quickly, but I just saw a hummingbird out my office window.  Never seen any hummingbird before.

Too bad you didn't hear it.

Sounds like a formula 1 car going by.

20 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Your best time to see one in your area is early may and at this time as they are at their migration north and south. We have them here all summer as we have feeders and inviting flowers planted everywhere. We have a couple nests here in one of our maple trees in the back yard. They are an amazing creature. Fun fact, when the migrate there heartbeat rate is over 1200 times a minute and when they fly they flap about 80 times a second. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

16 hours ago, snafu said:

Too bad you didn't hear it.

Sounds like a formula 1 car going by.

I like to sit by our hanging plants relaxing in a chair and have them buzz by me to eat. Neat when sometimes they perch to eat. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

I like to sit by our hanging plants relaxing in a chair and have them buzz by me to eat. Neat when sometimes they perch to eat. 

July 13, 2020:
'Spraying water on the back lawn this morning. Had a hummingbird fly up to water spray and drink for about a minute. Surreal."

• Like 1
  • Love 2